Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

I love your reactions, good luck in your weight loss journies, maintenance is pretty tough
Old 04-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I'll just add in another couple points that haven't come up yet:

1. If you look at old posts from the days after Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. you will see that a small percentage of posters will say, "My cheat was awesome!" while the vast majority will say "Totally wasn't worth it, the food didn't taste as good as I remembered, I felt sick after, it took me days to get back on track," and so on. Then, of course, there are many posters who, sadly, never got back on track at all."

The problem I see with such statements is that you assume a dieter cannot control him/herself on such an occasion while on a diet, but magically will find control when in maintenance? Let's not kid yourself. This is precisely what you need to learn. Unless of course you want to eat IP packages forever or yo-yo diet.

To me it seems one has to find a way to eat in moderation and drink in moderation. If one cannot get back on track after some exuberance, then this is something that needs to be practiced. What is wrong in my opinion is to think it's all white or black. Thus, when you go off program you are a complete failure and therefore you might as well stuff yourself with one or two cakes. You can indeed go to a sushi place and eat raw fish only (and lots of it) for an entire evening without seeing permanent damage on the scale. I have done that a number of times. You may, however, see damage when you have a prolonged fried cheese and onion rings / frosted chocolate cake date. It comes down to choices in the end and discipline. Both can be learned.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
The problem I see with such statements is that you assume a dieter cannot control him/herself on such an occasion while on a diet, but magically will find control when in maintenance? Let's not kid yourself. This is precisely what you need to learn. Unless of course you want to eat IP packages forever or yo-yo diet.

To me it seems one has to find a way to eat in moderation and drink in moderation. If one cannot get back on track after some exuberance, then this is something that needs to be practiced. What is wrong in my opinion is to think it's all white or black. Thus, when you go off program you are a complete failure and therefore you might as well stuff yourself with one or two cakes. You can indeed go to a sushi place and eat raw fish only (and lots of it) for an entire evening without seeing permanent damage on the scale. I have done that a number of times. You may, however, see damage when you have a prolonged fried cheese and onion rings / frosted chocolate cake date. It comes down to choices in the end and discipline. Both can be learned.
I agree we all need to learn self-control in maintainence.

However, as some have pointed out, this is the IP forum.

IP is known as a "no cheat" diet, therefore in the context of this particular plan, it is black and white.

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 04-26-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:58 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:

IP is known as a "no cheat" diet, therefore in the context of this particular plan, it is black and white.
The only black and white is the ink and paper the protocol is written on. If you cheat on any diet you will not lose or you will gain wgt. That is not a magical concept unique only to IP. Since the concept of eating is not black and white, different tastes, schedules etc..... IP is a wonderful program and tool for us to use not only while on phase 1 but for a lifetime. I don't know why those who choose to remain 100% for the duration of phase 1 give people a hard time who don't for what ever the reason.

And again yes, this is an IP forum but many people are the shades of grey in the program as I've mentioned before. Some people can handle occasional strays, others can't. I almost see jealousy because people have strayed and lost weight, almost well you are not supposed to do that so you are wrong, despite your success.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

This is fine. Everybody can do as he/she pleases. But IP is not a religion and you can do this type of diet without any IP products. In fact, most people on this forum seem to drift away from IP products. So, technically, they should not be posting here as the alternative products are not exactly as IP. I lose weight for myself and I will use whatever means work best. I am sure the same applies to everybody else.

Last edited by Lolo70; 04-26-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #51  
it's always something

Trinket, it looks like you received some pretty good and strong advice from different angles. It's getting a little heated, so we're going to close the thread. I hope the advice you received will help you make the best decision for your personal situation.

Congrats, I hope you enjoy your celebration, no matter which path you choose
Closed Thread