Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

Wow - lots of great progress and discussion. Thanks, everyone! These boards are the perfect non-calorie item needed for my day!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #32  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
The other thing is, even I worked at my clinic part time, I am using alternatives and I don't think they would want me or it would be fair to say I lost my wgt all due to IP. (Which if you think about it, I did in a round about way)

Thoughts people??? I see this just like many people who were addicts go into counseling for people like them, it's so important and they have an emotional bond already because they've been there!!!
I think it's great that your life is changing and you want to help others to change theirs. Honestly, I've never set foot in a clinic and have had very few IP products (I had a friend who decided to phase off gave me her left over packets), but I would still say I have lost weight and am continuing to lose weight because of IP. The friend who was going to a clinic told me about it and at first I thought it was way too restrictive, but I came to this forum, did my reading, and decided it (the protocol at least) was for me. So really, IP is the reason both of us (and many others) are reaching our goals. You know the downfalls of many coaches, and would be a much better coach than many mentioned here. And you've used the products, so you can honestly make recommendations. Go for it!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #33  
Started IP: 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 292.6/254.2/190

Height: 6'2"

Default Whew! difficult week so far, but I had a nice NSV this morning.

So, last Tuesday (8 days ago) I started feeling a little yucky after eating. Then around Thursday I was really hurting. So Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I just had small portions, usually missing lunch and dinner because after eating breakfast I would get sick -- then after not eating for a while, I would feel better in the morning again.

Well, on Monday, I went to the doctor because it had been so long, and I wondered if it was something other than just a virus. He counseled me to get off of the diet, consume some more calories and food that is easy on my stomach. I called my IP counselor, (she was great) who then talked to her supervising doctor and came to the same conclusion.

So, Monday afternoon, I ate some off-program foods, and still got sick. Tuesday, I ate the whole day off-program, but didn't get quite as sick, so this morning, I felt mostly better, and am trying to restart.

The big news for me was that I checked to see if I was still in ketosis (figured there was no way I could be) and I still was! So, I am hoping that I won't have a difficult restart, and all should go smoothly. WI tomorrow, and maybe I won't be too far off track.

Last edited by jbwray; 04-24-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #34  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
I have been feeling a scratchy throat, and stuffy head this week. Any recommendations of what I can take to help with the symptoms?
Anything at the pharmacy that is safe for diabetics is also fine for IP. The pills (as opposed to the liquid) are usually sugar free, but you can always just ask the retail pharmacist for a diabetic safe remedy.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #35  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Good day everyone.

I am new here,
Today is my 'seven day anniversary' since I started the IP diet

Felling great, full of energy and am down wooping 11lb!! (5.9lb of pure fat)
I had to share it

This forum is awesome!
There is a lot of great info and I am very very very grateful for that!

Thank you all!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Congrats on the great first week!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #37  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
Congrats on the great first week!

Thank you!

Last edited by WestLAgrl; 04-25-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdarlinghollis View Post
Seems like the past 5 days have been the hardest since I started 4 weeks ago. I'm down almost 24 pounds but I don't notice and my clothes aren't any different. I feel discouraged and bored. I miss food and I have been so emotional........
Have ya'll experienced this at all?
Good job on losing 24 pounds! Isn't that wild you don't notice and your clothes aren't any different? Whereas my scale hasn't moved too noticeably yet all those around me are commenting on my "weight loss" and my clothes are falling off. Goes to show you how each of our bodies is so different and we can't beat ourselves up if we don't do x, y, or z like another. Easier said than done, for sure!

Last edited by peaches17; 04-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I thought maybe it was you. It could be you. You seem to have that same vibe . . . at least to me all the way over here on the other side of my computer screen.

I know what you mean about losing your entire shape. I still kinda feel like I'm buried in some kind of snowbank with my head, hands, and feet sticking out. I keep digging . . .
I know, doesn't ZOMBIEDAWN totally have the same vibe as the pic?
Old 04-24-2013, 08:41 PM   #40  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Today I had my dentist appointment, then my weigh in. I haven't seen the dentist since January (I go every 3 months). The receptionist, hygienist and dentist all couldn't stop talking about how much different I look! I feel like an egomaniac, but I enjoyed every minute of the compliments! What a great feeling...best dentist visit I've ever had!

WI showed I lost 1.8, so that's good. My coach mentioned that my goal weight was listed 7 pounds more than I thought it was. I am assuming the doctor associated with the clinic put that there. They listed my goal weight as 157, instead of 150. But if I go with their goal weight, I am only 19 pounds away! I can hardly believe that...back in October when I started I don't think I really believed it would happen!

Have a great night, everyone! I am off to pre-make a pan of lasagna. I'll put it in the fridge, then bake it tomorrow afternoon to take to my son's Court of Honor ceremony for Boy Scouts. Naturally, they chose to have an Italian themed dinner, and there will be carbs galore!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

I just started IP using alternatives and so far everything has been going very well. I am tired of the dieting roller coaster and several people I work with have been very successful with IP. I just can't justify the cost and this forum has been so helpful with instructions on how to do the IP program using alternatives. My question is how do you handle situations where you have no control over the food being served? I have a 40th anniversary party to go to on Saturday and I have no idea what to do. Also if I do eat something not on the program is that like starting all over again?

Last edited by mcn1254; 04-24-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #42  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Week 3

Made it through two full weeks, working on week three. Have lost 7.4 lbs so far. Have not cheated once! Drank my chocolate drink mix today while my co-workers were devouring chocolate birthday cake. I'm so proud of myself!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #43  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcn1254 View Post
I just started IP using alternatives and so far everything has been going very well. I am tired of the dieting roller coaster and several people I work with have been very successful with IP. I just can't justify the cost and this forum has been so helpful with instructions on how to do the IP program using alternatives. My question is how do you handle situations where you have no control over the food being served? I have a 40th anniversary party to go to on Saturday and I have no idea what to do. Also if I do eat something not on the program is that like starting all over again?
MANY of us have been through big family parties, food-related events, weddings, reunions...all while staying on plan. The trick is PLANNING!

There is no reason you can't get in touch with the event host to let them know you have dietary restrictions (think about people who have to eat gluten free or diabetic-friendly, they have to do the same thing!). Talk to the caterer about food options for you - plain meat with no sauce, plain veggies with no butter. Salad with no dressing. They should be able to accommodate you.

Worst case scenario, if they can't (or you can't get in touch with someone in time) - eat beforehand. That way you aren't going into it hungry and you know you will stay on plan. Bring a bar with you to eat while you're there. Ask for soda water or plain water, and bring a bottle of Mio drink flavoring so you can have a "special" drink too! Don't worry about what other people will think if you aren't eating - YOU notice it more than THEY do. Most people aren't going to be focused on what you are eating, they are going to be socializing and celebrating.

Don't "what if" off plan eating. It leaves the door open. You CAN do this and stay on plan! I got through my 20th high school reunion, numerous summer BBQs, Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday all while staying 100% on plan. Cheats set you back, and why would you want to spend even one extra HOUR on Phase 1 than you have to?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #44  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

You guys are great! So much good info and encouragement here! I love seeing how well other people have done, gives me confidence I can do this.

Yesterday, which was day 2 for me, a client brought in my very favorite chocolates for the office. I was not even tempted. My receptionist said "oh, you could have just one as a little treat. Most people fail on diets because they deprive themselves - you have to treat yourself once in awhile." Rather than saying what was in my head (which was not nice) I just told her I was learning a whole new way of eating to help me get healthy. I figure there will always be chocolate - just not now.

The way I figure it, I'm doing something really good for me. I spend a lot of time helping other people and this is doing something nice for myself.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
MANY of us have been through big family parties, food-related events, weddings, reunions...all while staying on plan. The trick is PLANNING!

There is no reason you can't get in touch with the event host to let them know you have dietary restrictions (think about people who have to eat gluten free or diabetic-friendly, they have to do the same thing!). Talk to the caterer about food options for you - plain meat with no sauce, plain veggies with no butter. Salad with no dressing. They should be able to accommodate you.

Worst case scenario, if they can't (or you can't get in touch with someone in time) - eat beforehand. That way you aren't going into it hungry and you know you will stay on plan. Bring a bar with you to eat while you're there. Ask for soda water or plain water, and bring a bottle of Mio drink flavoring so you can have a "special" drink too! Don't worry about what other people will think if you aren't eating - YOU notice it more than THEY do. Most people aren't going to be focused on what you are eating, they are going to be socializing and celebrating.

Don't "what if" off plan eating. It leaves the door open. You CAN do this and stay on plan! I got through my 20th high school reunion, numerous summer BBQs, Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday all while staying 100% on plan. Cheats set you back, and why would you want to spend even one extra HOUR on Phase 1 than you have to?
Thank you just what I needed to hear. I want to succeed and I CAN do this. I know I will be visiting this forum often for inspiration.
Closed Thread