Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Oops! I forgot to mention the 3rd packet. If I don't split my 2nd one, I usually have pudding or something dessert-like after dinner.
Believe it or not, you will actually have days where getting that 3rd packet is seems impossible. Get something lighter for those days.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolttime View Post
Hi I am a newbie andmy weakness is peanut butter, So i now bought some powdered peanut butter and add water to makes into butter. Is this good or bad? IT says it is 85% less calories then regular peanut butter
I bought the protidiet peanut surprise bars. I LOVE them! I wish I could eat 2 or 3 a day! I bought one box and I am saving them. I have 4 bars left. I want to eat other stuff that is not my favorite first. These bars I could eat even when not OP! I used to eat protein bars for a snack like ones from SAMs etc before during ideal protein but these are a new favorite! Taste like a candy bar. Like peanut butter crispy bars (kinda like Rice Krispie treats) but peanut butter flavor. LOVE THEM LOVE THEM!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #78  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalas View Post
its my first day on program... only 10:25 am here in Alaska and I'm so hungry. This morning i had black coffee with a splenda, the pineapple/banana drink, vitamins and 2 bottles of water. i've already had another 2 bottles of water and 2 pickles... i think i'm really hungry because my baby wakes me up before 6am so i've been up for a while... will this eventually get better after i've gone into ketosis?
First 3-5 days are a real bear to get through.
Lettuce, lettuce, lettuce and lots of water, which you seem to be doing.
Make your salads and those will help fill the hole, but nothing makes the first week much fun. You can also try some 0/0/0 chicken broth. Tea sometimes helps because hot stuff seems to make some people seem fuller.

Hang in there! This will pass, and we've all been through it!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Today I decided to try the plain rotini but had no idea what to put on it sauce wise! I have had a cream of chicken IP packet that I have been afraid to try so I made it with 0/0/0 chicken broth instead of water. After my noodles were cooked I poured the soup and some mushrooms over the noodles then heated it up. At the very end I added some raw onions and it was so so so so yummy! However after I ate it it occurred to me that I used 2 packets in one meal! Do you think this will cause any problems?
Old 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I usually keep a bag of SW Cheese curls handy. Because there's more to munch on, it lasts for quite a while. These have also come in handy for heading to the theatre.
That is a good idea! Especially for the movie! I went Friday and took in a bar and some pickles but this makes me think more of popcorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie2888 View Post
Tic Tacs have helped me while traveling. My coach said up to 10 a day is okay. Cut up a bar into little pieces and freeze it. The bars last longer this way. Hard boiled or deviled eggs (made with WF mayo are good). Pickles are easy. Of course there is always SF gum. Good luck with the move!
Oooo great ideas! I never would of though of freezing the bars! I'm thinking of making kale and zucchini chips too and may just snack my way through my four cups of veggies that day!

Thanks for the help ladies!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #81  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 157/148/115

Height: 5'1"-5'2" somewhere in there ;)

I just made the most delicious stuffed peppers using cauliflower instead of rice!! yummy! even DH said it tasted better than with rice!!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
I did it! I baked with IP packets and right now I am eating Chocolate Zucchini Cookies. Recipe at link below. Easy to make and YUMMY!

You can do it too!

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...ookies-recipe/
I don't have crispy cereal I wonder if I substituted with chocolate soy puff cereal? I haven't even tried the cereal I have 7 packets of them. I wonder if I smash them so they aren't like Cheerios but keep part of the crunch if it would work?
Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #83  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Happy Weekend everyone,

#1: It is my birthday today, and at the beginning of the year, I wanted my bday present to myself to be to reach the weight that is listed on my driver's license (on my birthday) and I did it!

#2: I no longer have to turn sideways to fit into the bathroom! Thank you Ideal Protein!
YEAH!! Great NSVs. Can't wait to reach the 1st one myself - being at (or preferably, under) the weight on my DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
Before IP, we went out to eat A LOT. Although we're eating much better now, sometimes I miss the simplicity of picking up dinner. I was still very happy with my dinner. It's important for me to learn how to make smart choices now to carry into the future.
This is a great NSV too! I definitely agree with you about just wanting the convenience of picking up dinner sometimes. I'm still too afraid to go out to most restaurants, I find the asian restaurants (where you can pick your own stir fry and appropriate sauce) are the ones I feel the most comfortable and in control (of what I eat).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY3labs View Post
Cauliflower rice is great! I use it all the time. Really helps when you are so use to having a grain with dinner.
I'm going to have to try this again. I don't have a food processor, so I was manually grating the cauliflower and it just kept crumbling on me, plus it was a mess to clean up. But I do love cauliflower, it's the chameleon of vegetables!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 237/201/175

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for info on peanut butter. I only started last Tuesday and this morning I was down 8 lbs in first 5 days. I find it so far as feeling like there is lots to eat and not getting hungry yet between meals. Drinking that much water is the hardest so far.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
I'm going to have to try this again. I don't have a food processor, so I was manually grating the cauliflower and it just kept crumbling on me, plus it was a mess to clean up. But I do love cauliflower, it's the chameleon of vegetables!
I use a box grater just because food processor takes even longer to clean up!
I put my cutting board in the bottom of the clean sink.
Grate away!
Sink catches all the "crumbs" and it easily washes down the garbage disposal
Old 04-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #86  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Maybe I'm just lazy, but I just boil the cauliflower and mash it with a potato masher until it looks rice like and then use it like rice in any dish I want.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #87  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp0130 View Post
Today I decided to try the plain rotini but had no idea what to put on it sauce wise! I have had a cream of chicken IP packet that I have been afraid to try so I made it with 0/0/0 chicken broth instead of water. After my noodles were cooked I poured the soup and some mushrooms over the noodles then heated it up. At the very end I added some raw onions and it was so so so so yummy! However after I ate it it occurred to me that I used 2 packets in one meal! Do you think this will cause any problems?
Won't cause you any problems, but just remember that's 2 of your 3 packets for the day. It's not when you eat your food, it's that you eat your food.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #88  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
I have the Salad Shooter and it works like a charm and just rinses out nice and easy. I did it by hand a few times and yep, what a mess!
Old 04-21-2013, 05:46 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
Although P1 is temporary, I am learning about nutrition and the reasons I made poor choices, so that this will truly be my last diet.
You know, I didn't necessarily make "bad" choices, it was simply that I had no clue about nutrition and how my body reacted to what I put inside it even though I have always been a health nut thinking I was making "healthy" choices...which boggles my mind.

What a shame we aren't really taught this stuff in school or at any time in our lives, for that matter. I even went to a nutritionist at one point to no avail.

Someone mentioned the original France diet called for 6 oz of protein and it was changed to 8 oz when the diet came here. Does anyone know more about this? I'm curious whether they found 8 oz is the real key or they thought us Americans were hungry hounds needing to eat more?
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Hi all.. I stayed OP all weekend. So wanted to cheat!! but didn't.. Hope everyone has a good week!
and I finally got my ticker!!
Closed Thread