Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
Those of you who are buying these alternative products from plainprotein or Nashua, are the products offered mostly for the restricted foods (like the bars, for example)?
No. There are soups, meals, shakes, puddings, noodles......Go on Nashua and look up the protidiet or protithin lines. Pretty much anything there is fair game. Just make sure to check the nutrition info to see if it's restricted or not.
aliboo723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I agree with Lisa...sadly for many of us (myself included) this is not our first rodeo.

I need the accountability of my coach each week plus the reassurance when I move to maintenance.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 243/139/140

Height: 5'5"

I'm on maintenance now so I don't feel obligated to buy as much from my IP provider. I go once a month and usually buy some of the RTD chocolate since I haven't found anything anywhere else I like as much. For bars I've been going to Lindora and Nashua Nutrition, and some of them seem identical to IP. When I'm shopping for bars I try to find items that are close in carb and protein content to IP, and also keep an eye out for calorie count. A lot of over-the-counter protein bars are considerably higher in calories.
glomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:21 PM   #19  

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks, aliboo!
hixtwin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #20  

I am not sure if I am allowed to mention but I am stopping ideal protein to deal with some health stuff and I have two whole weeks of packets if someone is interested. PM me if so.
cnelson316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #21  

The only thing I worry about with the alternatives is that I see a lot of people are posting that the weight loss is noticeably slower with alternatives. Is this true?
sparkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #22  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkopolis View Post
The only thing I worry about with the alternatives is that I see a lot of people are posting that the weight loss is noticeably slower with alternatives. Is this true?
Nope. Not even a little.
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #23  

Funny this discussion came up as I approached IP to sell online this week (online sales are part of my business). The assistant dealing with me was such a do-do bird she thought I was looking to do MLM (multi-level marketing).

Yes, if you like the support of a coach, that is most definitely the reason to go to a clinic and buy your packets. But, I love shopping online and it's not for discounts at all, it's for ease and efficiency and for me not having to add more to my busy schedule by driving to and fro, than I already have going on.

If Ideal Protein insisted distributors kept the same MSRP - there wouldn't be any issue. I find their decision short-sighted and they might reach an even greater market share if online sales were permitted.

That person saying it was "illegal" - lol...if marijuana is now becoming legal in some states, do you really think buying diet stuff online is illegal?

Last edited by peaches17; 04-24-2013 at 07:39 AM.
peaches17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:16 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkopolis View Post
I don't see anyone posting this except people who are wondering about it
Zero experience with it actually happening.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote