Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #31  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
I think this thread is exactly where you should post how your feeling/doing for the day. It is the IP Daily Chat after all. I post if I am having a bad day or stuggling with something on here. I usually get encouragement, tips, hear a funny story, or something to help me through whatever I am dealing with.
We cannot be expected to be positive everyday especially if that is not what your are feeling. Now that does not mean we get to pout and mope like my kids can do, but I think putting your feelings down in words here will help a person work through what they are feeling and hopefully find a friend who will reach out and lift them up. In turn when you are having a positive and great day you should also post it here to lift someone up and when you see someone is struggling pass the help that was given to you.
I am wishing you a better day and sending hugs your way. Let me know if you would like to talk more about what your struggle is.
Thanks. I just think there needs to be some discussion about what constitutes "negativity" and what is just normal discussion. I don't think it is good to only present the "good" and not some of the struggle as it could lead people who are struggling to believe they are alone or doing something wrong. That's all.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Anyone have a discount code for a Nashua Nutrition order. Thank you.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 PM   #33  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkeetoz View Post
I went to www.plainprotein.com to order a couple of boxes and the shipping was over $13.00. I don't remember paying that much in the past. Does anyone know whats going on?
I think Lisa had posted something a few days ago that they were having an issue that meant they couldn't offer free shipping until April 19th
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Thanks. I just think there needs to be some discussion about what constitutes "negativity" and what is just normal discussion. I don't think it is good to only present the "good" and not some of the struggle as it could lead people who are struggling to believe they are alone or doing something wrong. That's all.
I completely agree. When I see that others are having similar stuggles it helps me not feel alone or that I am failing. Most of the time we can share our struggles and encourage one another and make it through one day at a time. Here is to a great OP day to everyone!
Old 04-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #35  

thank you for egg measuring info. i am soooo excited!

i made a veggie scramble for lunch and was laughing thinking about it being years upon years since i cracked an egg! ...which is both wild and bizarre to me. i am blessed (or not) to live in a place where eating out every meal has been a cinch. but this new feeling of being 100% in charge of what i put in my body is empowering beyond belief. i LOVE i found IP and you all! thank you for the continued inspiration.

i am also finding thinking about my specific daily meal planning and which herbs and spices and combinations to whip up is a wonderful creative outlet.

this "diet" or perhaps a better word eating "programme" or "regime" totally rocks.

Last edited by peaches17; 04-18-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #36  

Quote:
My NSV yesterday is that I stayed on plan even with my rough 3rd week. Thank you for all my IP friends you sent me encouragement and let me know that I was not alone out there. I have fun at the 31Bag Party and was also able to share my success with a gal that ironically enough will be taking the same CNA class this fall with me. Small town.
I did step on my scale and I am up 0.2 lbs from Monday's weight in. I know the body weight can fluctuate, but I am trying to hold on that my next weight in will show another good loss. I have been struggling to get all four cups of veggies in each day and splitting them like I am supposed to. I know that having them all at once is not good, but I am not sure if it is better to skip them if I cannot get them in throughout the day. Any thoughts?
I know that I need to come up with a better plan to prep my food for the whole week. I work full time, have a husband and 3 kids that I cook other food for, go to school part time, work with my quiliting guild in community projects, etc... Some people ask me if I ever sleep. I know there are very busy people out there who may be able to offer some tips and suggestions on how to improve my meal plan for the week. Thank you again! I am in total love with this site.
Yes! You need all your food. I throw some spinach in my morning smoothie to get all veggies in (and now, some days, regret it b/c I'd rather have more veggies later!)
It sounds like you are SUPER busy. Prepping when you have time is going to be essential. Maybe plan prep time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
All, Please forgive me if my question has been asked and answered before, but I can't find an answer anywhere on the forum. I started IP this morning, and my paperwork from the coach says red tuna is allowed 1 time a week. Does that mean ALL tuna is only allowed 1 time a week? I have some light tuna in water (in a pouch) that has no carbs and only 1 fat gram. I am wondering if this is allowed more than once a week. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
My coach suggested to me that some items get "lost in translation" between the original French and English. A couple she pointed out were tuna and cabbage. When in doubt, ask your coach to get clarification from the company but in this case, they singled the "red" out for limited. Other than that, enjoy your tuna!

Quote:
Well, I was going to come on here and share that I am struggling a bit today for the first time since starting IP. Then I read the call for positivity, and I don't know where I am supposed to go with these thoughts and feelings. Isn't it okay and perhaps even helpful to share when we are struggling as well as when we are not? To be honest, it is just not my nature to always be positive even when that is not the way I feel. Sometimes it helps to "get it out." Am I alone in this? If not, am I missing a thread where this kind of expression is acceptable?
Struggles and what you're doing to push thru despite the struggles, or asking others for how they manage, is EXACTLY how to keep it positive & OP and to help others at the same time!!! Sticking with it is not easy! Roadblocks happen. I've had my share. I just finished a 10-day prednisone treatment for back problems. It stalled the scale. Expected. Frustrating. Expensive. Moving forward.
Going off-plan would have just made it worse!

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:55 PM   #37  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I completely agree. When I see that others are having similar stuggles it helps me not feel alone or that I am failing. Most of the time we can share our struggles and encourage one another and make it through one day at a time. Here is to a great OP day to everyone!

I think I've heard people say the discount code is the current month.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 262/202/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Thursday! I can't express how grateful I am to be able to read everyone's struggles and victories. It's great to know I'm not alone in this journey. WI yesterday was depressing but beneficial. I was +0.5 for the week, but was able to clear up some issues I was having with measuring veggies and know that next week will be better. It is good to be doing this with my daughter (she''ll be 15 next month and I want to help her face adulthood without the weight and baggage I've lent her with my poor example). She is on the alternative plan and doing an amazing job. I think she was more bummed over my little gain than I was because she had such a great week. I am so glad she was with me because the old me would have driven right to fast food and drowned my sorrow in food. That wasn't an option! Needless to say the great posts today about the way weight is/isn't lost have been just what I needed.

I am also grateful for the amazing recipes & ideas I've found here. It's great to be able to make little tweaks to the packets that make you feel like you're eating something decadent! My favorite is adding extracts to the dark chocolate pudding. I just had the equivalent of the chocolate covered orange jelly bars... OH MY!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #39  
Started IP: 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 292.6/254.2/190

Height: 6'2"

Default Checking in on WI day.

I am down another 4.6 lbs. Which is good, but less than I hoped.

I have two questions:

1. How does sickness generally affect weight loss (I have had a stomach issue, maybe flu, the last two days). In this case it isn't any throwing up, just upset stomach, and not really wanting to eat.

2. I am a daily weigher, and people mentioning it affecting weight loss. I don't understand why. Can someone explain why and how that would affect me? I hear that stress can cause weight gain, but I don't think the weigh-ins give me that much stress. I also don't understand how stress can cause weight gain.

Thanks! I have been 100% no cheating for 4 weeks so far, and intend to ride the train all the way home!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

I don't post much but just had to share an NSV with people who understand.... Last weekend I was in charge of a humongous charity bake sale... I ended up baking several batches of brownies, bagging, marketing, selling tons of tempting treats, cookies and donuts and DIDN'T TOUCH EVEN ONE! I never thought I could do it!! Of course while baking I chewed alot of gum, made myself a couple of treats for when I just had to have a bite ( IP Chocolate cake with WLS cheesecake pudding on top, divided into 2..) and finally had to come to the boards for inspiration and distraction. I am a true chocoholic with warm brownies being my biggest temptation, and I did it. It sure felt good, and I had a good weigh in to show for it. Yay! mmmm. think I may go make some cheesecake pudding for my snack later tonight... thanks for being here, y'all!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 192/177/155

Height: 5'10"

WI 4 today-down 2lbs and 4 inches. Very nice start to my day!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #42  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Look to the future

Quote:
Well, I was going to come on here and share that I am struggling a bit today for the first time since starting IP. Then I read the call for positivity, and I don't know where I am supposed to go with these thoughts and feelings. Isn't it okay and perhaps even helpful to share when we are struggling as well as when we are not? To be honest, it is just not my nature to always be positive even when that is not the way I feel. Sometimes it helps to "get it out." Am I alone in this? If not, am I missing a thread where this kind of expression is acceptable?
I totally understand your struggle. Changing your eating habits and following IP is difficult and you can't always be happy about it. It's not just the physical challenge of eating less, but also severing the emotional attachment we have to the satisfaction of eating a fatty/sugary meal. It also has to be the right time in your life to make the change. For 20 years I've wanted to lose weight but I could never mentally do it. I have finally worked out a lot of my emotional issues and have been able to give up the comfort and support that I used get from food. I had my first IP weigh-in on Tuesday and am down 6 pounds! BTW - I am the same weight and height as you.

Some days you'll be down and that's totally okay. But just remember this - Phase 1 is temporary - if you get off the weight now, you won't ever have to do this again. I've not cheated once in two weeks because those few extra calories are not worth it to me. I want the weight gone and I don't ever want to have to diet like this again. Keep reminding yourself of what you will weigh in the future if you do just this one thing.

I wish the best for you and you're weight lose journey!
Old 04-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #43  
Started IP 3/20/2013

S/C/G: 180/152/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila79 View Post
WI 4 today-down 2lbs and 4 inches. Very nice start to my day!
Awesome!!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Thursday everyone! I have my final WI on P3 with my coach in less then an hour and then I'm on to maintenance wooot wooooot. And including today I have 2 days left of work before I'm officially on vacation until May 1st!!!
Whoop Whopp!!! Congrats Cheeky! So happy for you, have a blast on vaca!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Let's start out today on a POSITIVE NOTE.Lets have a great OP/off-scale day (unless its official WI day).
Great start Lisa! This is a process, change takes time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
The sport coat I bought two weeks ago might even be too big now - at least around my stomach anyway, the shoulders are still snug though. Imagine that, for a change clothes aren't tight around my middle.
Way to go Spiritman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I love making the flatbread with the IP Tomato soup packet. Many IP packet hacks use egg whites. Is there a reason you use the egg whites instead of the whole egg? Could you use the whole egg? I hate wasting the yolk and was curious if there was a reason.
Thanks for anyone's help with this!
Not sure if you have a dog, but I give my extra yolks to my pup, good for their coat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Thanks, great article!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeofllano View Post
I don't post much but just had to share an NSV with people who understand.... Last weekend I was in charge of a humongous charity bake sale... I ended up baking several batches of brownies, bagging, marketing, selling tons of tempting treats, cookies and donuts and DIDN'T TOUCH EVEN ONE!
What a great NSV! I've found that, for me, baking and cooking non-IP foods empowers me and I feel so great once I know I'm in control.

WI this morning was 1.2lbs. My period has been on-off for a few weeks, so I'll keep going with the flow . Checked my stats and I'm averaging over 3lbs a week, that makes it all worth it! Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #45  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I was just going to share that I am a bit surprised to have thoughts of cheating and of dissatisfaction with what I am eating move in so quickly after one disappointing WI. I am loving how I am feeling on IP and can feel that it is much better for my body. I wouldn't go back to eating my old way for anything -- but, that said, I now see that there is still this little voice in my head that waited for a vulnerable time and has now set to work. I won't give in, but I have a whole new respect for those who stay with it and push through a prolonged (real) plateau.
Try some new recipes out and even a new veggie you haven't had before. It helps to keep from getting bored and being dissatisfied with your typical foods.

I find that I go through pretty long periods of having a favorite veggie, restricted, or non-restricted. I'll look forward to eating those things every day, then I start to get bored after a while. I usually start trying out new foods in search of a new favorite. Right now I'm all about roasted yellow squash. I just can't get enough of the stuff.
Closed Thread