IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/18/2013

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Wow!!! So many great weigh ins and NSV today. Congrats to all! Very motivating.
  • I have been using My Fitness Pal to track my daily intake. I know this is not necessary on IP, but I want to become familiar with what healthy numbers look like for maintenance. Does anyone know the approximate number of carbs we should have in phase 1 and also in maintenance?

Thanks,
    Linda
  • I just had my WI, - 2.6 but when my coach did the bmi hand held thingy my top number had increased by one? Why would that be, I've been 100% OP. Cant't figure that out.
  • Quote: I've been struggling this week. Even though I've been very successful over the last 54 weeks I can't seem to shake the wanting to eat feeling. I haven't, except lettuce and pickles. I did open a bag of protein chips and eat 2 then stashed the ranch yumminess back away. All on plan. I know its just stress but lack of sleep is creeping in. I tried switching up meals today. Isnt working. Hot tea and bed might be the only escape. Keep fighting the good ol fight!
    Just think of all the fat that your body is going to be forced to burn! I feel a whooosh coming on for you. Hold strong!
  • Thanks ladies. I know its in my head. Darn stress thinking I want to eat. I say boo to that. Bed is always my answer and hope for that woosh!
  • Quote: I have been using My Fitness Pal to track my daily intake. I know this is not necessary on IP, but I want to become familiar with what healthy numbers look like for maintenance. Does anyone know the approximate number of carbs we should have in phase 1 and also in maintenance?
    I set mine up 50% protein, 30% fat, 20% carbs, after my coach gave me input.
    I also set it so I track fiber so I could ensure I'm not over 40 net carbs
    This is for P1
  • If there is a record for the longest plateau, I'm a contender! I went a month without a loss but I'm finally down at tonight's WI. So happy to have the scale budge again!

I have to thank everyone on this site for inspiration and guidance. If it weren't for you all, I wouldn't have been able to stay OP for so long. Thank you so much!
  • Thanks Lisa. I will have to figure out how to change the settings.
  • Quote: I have been using My Fitness Pal to track my daily intake. I know this is not necessary on IP, but I want to become familiar with what healthy numbers look like for maintenance. Does anyone know the approximate number of carbs we should have in phase 1 and also in maintenance?

Thanks,
    Linda
    Phase 1 generally works out to about 40g NET carbs per day or less. Unless you're highly carb sensitive it doesn't matter if you go a little outside of that, but it's a good rule of thumb.

Maintenance is a WHOLE different ballgame, there are no hard and fast rules for calorie/carb/fat intake - it all depends on your body, your activity level, your food tolerances. I can tell you what works for me, but I can also tell you that many maintainers have found their "happy place" with a completely different set of rules from mine. Maintenance is very individualized and you just have to test the waters for yourself and see what your body can handle when you get there.
  • I am addicted to this forum. I love the daily chats and there is usually some kind of underlying theme topic of the day. I find these so helpful, as each person adds their perspective. You chicks really get to the nitty gritty of just about everything. I love it!

I tried the coconut sparkling water drink with the WF chocolate syrup. I went out on a limb because I had to buy the water in an 8 pack, and I don't usually have a taste for sparkling water. But.... it was delicious!
  • I think to hear struggles and low points to the high points is wonderful! A lot of times you are feeling like that too! Then it is great to hear of all the success. Like whomever said a couple of days ago..let it go and move on! We enjoy to hear the struggles then success because it pushes you to stay OP everyday. My original goal was to do this till my birthday figuring I'd lose the 2-3 lbs. well I don't think that will happen but you know what... I think I am going to stay OP till i get to my goal. I feel good. I wanted to make the rhubarb crisp but our natural grocers doesn't have it. guess have to wait till in season here. Anyway great day OP.
  • Oh and I weigh daily and I sometimes like to weigh before bed and when I wake up in the morning. Just gives you an idea. But yes my official day is Monday so if I don't like Tuesday lol I have days to work on it! I figure everyone is different.
  • Quote: Breezie68 You look fabulous!!!! Congrats!!

Sylviesgirl I went back to yesterdays thread and didn't see anything out of the ordinary or excessively negative. I know I was ridiculous not to be so happy about finally being in Onderland, but that was my issue and I acknowledged it. (And like I expected, I was a pound less at the Drs so it made me feel better.) I think it is very easy to get frustrated, discouraged on any diet plan, it's the nature of the beast. Life happens. If we were all happy and cheery with no issues all the time, well, this place would be pretty borring.

And in response to your ??? about being in Onderland, it still hasn't sunk it, the magnitude of the accomplishment. Maybe when I am a little farther away from the 2's, I'll be more relieved.

I spoke to me Dr yesterday and we agreed 150 would be a good place for me to stay and maintain. She was THRILLED for me. We even spoke about reducing my b/p meds. (Esp since I forget 1/2 the time anyway.) So I am going to take my diazide every other day and try to remember to check my b/p while I am at work.

Now I have to get my *** in gear with some sort of exercise routine!!
    Congratulations on Onederland! I think I understand what you are saying. Some of my milestones seem like "wow I should be REALLY happy" when I hit them, but they haven't hit me like I thought they would. I'm getting near Onederland myself and that little voice in my head keeps telling me... "yes, but you aren't clear of the 2's until you are under 200 end of day with my cloths on" or till I am like 10 lbs below or etc... yadda yadda hush little voice.. hush. I'm celebrating for you! Even if it hasn't hit home quite yet for you, it will, it's awesome!