IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/18/2013

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: P.S. Thanks to all for the encouraging words. I wasn't trying to garner a peptalk, just trying to make sure others realize that it is okay to share struggles and challenges and disappointments on here as well as the successes. I am doing well and am not going anywhere. -- But sometimes it makes me feel better to air a gripe.
    Hey, thank you for piping up. I honestly felt that it was partially directed at me and I've been rather sore about it all day. I don't daily weigh but the commitment of this diet has me so pent up about my weigh ins (just had it lost two lbs.) that I guess I was venting my fears a bit.

It made me feel really unsupported to see that this morning. I was not planning on posting again but somehow I can't seem to stay away.

so anyhoo, thanks for saying you piece.
  • Breezie68 You look fabulous!!!! Congrats!!

Sylviesgirl I went back to yesterdays thread and didn't see anything out of the ordinary or excessively negative. I know I was ridiculous not to be so happy about finally being in Onderland, but that was my issue and I acknowledged it. (And like I expected, I was a pound less at the Drs so it made me feel better.) I think it is very easy to get frustrated, discouraged on any diet plan, it's the nature of the beast. Life happens. If we were all happy and cheery with no issues all the time, well, this place would be pretty borring.

And in response to your ??? about being in Onderland, it still hasn't sunk it, the magnitude of the accomplishment. Maybe when I am a little farther away from the 2's, I'll be more relieved.

I spoke to me Dr yesterday and we agreed 150 would be a good place for me to stay and maintain. She was THRILLED for me. We even spoke about reducing my b/p meds. (Esp since I forget 1/2 the time anyway.) So I am going to take my diazide every other day and try to remember to check my b/p while I am at work.

Now I have to get my *** in gear with some sort of exercise routine!!
  • DW is back from her weigh in, she's down 5 pounds this week. Great week in the Spiritman household weigh in wise.
  • leannekarella: I noticed your new avatar yesterday and wanted to say: WOW!! What a change and you look great! I hope you feel as good as you look - I know you have struggled in the past to lose weight and hope you are enjoying the success you are having on IP!

Sylviesgirl: I agree this is the place to vent - I find if I type it and post it I can stop thinking about it and move on with my day. It definately helps me to stay focused to see others have the same struggles I do sometimes.

Today is 6 month of IP for me and I just ate my 1st restricted. Chocolate soy puffs. All I can say is WOW! why did I wait this long! They came with my original food but I have been afraid of them. Today I packed one in my lunch because I was going on a bike ride with my Kiddos and thought they might want to keep pushing forward and I'd be too pooped.

We rode for almost 2 hours today and 1 hr yesterday. I had so much fun and was so excited to be able to keep up with my 2 boys that I am still smiling inside.

Its this active fun kid time and healthy feeling after that is my real motivation for losing weight and staying on IP.

I am so happy to have found this diet.

Tomorrow I am going to start with weights/and or resitance bands to try to get my batwings a little less jigggly!
  • Breezie:
    You look great: Your smile says you feel great too! Good for you!
  • Quote: a NSV for thursday. I went out to lunch today with some out of town clients and did fine. I ordered Branzino (sp?) a white fish and replaced the potatoes with asparagus. I started with an argula salad with lemon and just a hint of parmesan. I'm doing the alternative version of Phase 1 so I will count the cheese as my dairy for the day. The bigger thing for me was not missing the bread basket or dessert. I had a skim cappuccino for my dessert. I love this new way of living my life day to day. Especially since I didn't really feel deprived with the exception of not partaking in the red wine that the table was enjoying. But that is also a choice that I always try to make since I don't like to drink at lunchtime because it throws off my entire day. So all in all, a great NSV.
    I'm so scared to eat out! It's been three weeks and I haven't cheated once! Any other tips on eating out? also, I have a wedding to go to this weekend!!!
  • Nsv
    Happy Thursday

2 NSV today

1. Well today I was giving a training to my work peeps (guidance counsellors from all my schools... I work at the school board level), some of whome have not seen me since xmas. I heard the words You look amazing several times and was interrupted several times during the day because they were still so amazed at my transformation.

2. At lunch, our usual caterer for group training now understands my restrictions and makes sure I have something to eat ( I always have my backups either way). Well, when I went to take a plate of veggies and steak, the fabulous caterer (small little lady who looks around 75, slapped my arm and told me to not take that food as there were things I should not be eating (marinated meat-- didn't look marinated close call) and showed me where she had prepared a special plate for me so I could stay OP. Well isn't that special... First time I could actually eat everything the caterer had and didn't have to use my backup. I was actually very full and satisfied and didn't even touch my ziplock bag full of romaine lettuce all afternoon. Was nice to know she was looking out for me.

anyways, what could have been a stressful yucky training day (rain, rain rain) was full of wonderful surprises. Just what I needed as I am struggling for the first time in 4 months with huge hunger and no losses in several weeks.

Gotta trust the process...
  • Some great WIs today!! Breezie you look great!

Had my WI today and lost 2 pounds! Most importantly that puts me at over 50 pounds lost in 14 weeks!! So exciting! Next stop ONEderland!
  • Quote: Happy Thursday

2 NSV today

1. Well today I was giving a training to my work peeps (guidance counsellors from all my schools... I work at the school board level), some of whome have not seen me since xmas. I heard the words You look amazing several times and was interrupted several times during the day because they were still so amazed at my transformation.

2. At lunch, our usual caterer for group training now understands my restrictions and makes sure I have something to eat ( I always have my backups either way). Well, when I went to take a plate of veggies and steak, the fabulous caterer (small little lady who looks around 75, slapped my arm and told me to not take that food as there were things I should not be eating (marinated meat-- didn't look marinated close call) and showed me where she had prepared a special plate for me so I could stay OP. Well isn't that special... First time I could actually eat everything the caterer had and didn't have to use my backup. I was actually very full and satisfied and didn't even touch my ziplock bag full of romaine lettuce all afternoon. Was nice to know she was looking out for me.

anyways, what could have been a stressful yucky training day (rain, rain rain) was full of wonderful surprises. Just what I needed as I am struggling for the first time in 4 months with huge hunger and no losses in several weeks.

Gotta trust the process...
    I wonder if we work for the same board? That's awesome of the caterer, what a sweetie!
    Went for my WI and yes! ONEderland! Down 3lbs.
    I also asked about my hunger and she told me which ones to chose if I'm going to have a 4th pck. In talking about my job: rotary teacher, teach 11 classes a day (jk-2), running the hallways, dance, drama, gym she said that stress could play a part in WIs also. LOL!! Not this week though!!
  • Quote: It a beautiful day here....finally . Down 2.4 today, another 2.4 gone forever . 5 more pounds until phase 2! Time to take off the winter coat and show off all my hard work! Have a great OP day everyone!
    Don't be too quick to put the coat away!! LOL

Quote: DW is back from her weigh in, she's down 5 pounds this week. Great week in the Spiritman household weigh in wise.
    Wonderful!!

After my busy start I ran several errands, stopped by the house for lunch and then back to the Market.

For lunch I made 'bread' using a soup packet and then piled the veggies on, ate it like a pizza. Next time I will mix some mayo in with the chopped up veggies so they will hold together better. Deliscious.
  • Great job everybody!

NSV: I got my first "if you lose 30 more pounds you'll look sick" comment.

Definitely not the case, but made me feel good to hear it
  • Quote: Hey, thank you for piping up. I honestly felt that it was partially directed at me and I've been rather sore about it all day. I don't daily weigh but the commitment of this diet has me so pent up about my weigh ins (just had it lost two lbs.) that I guess I was venting my fears a bit.

It made me feel really unsupported to see that this morning. I was not planning on posting again but somehow I can't seem to stay away.

so anyhoo, thanks for saying you piece.
    You are more than welcome. I don't know who the comments were directed at, because I still don't see anything negative. I just know the feeling of having shared something honest and candid about yourself and to find such a message the next day. As you put it, I was rather sore about it, too.

I can relate to your fears and anxiety about whether or not this diet is working or will work for you. I was the same way in the very beginning. I had good reason to be skeptical and worried. As time has worn on, the "do or die" feeling about weigh ins calms down, I think. You will begin to become more committed to the plan because of how good you feel, etc., and WIs will be more in perspective. Until you get that reassurance by seeing enough successful WIs, your anxiety about it all is high. I get it -- and I think it is perfectly natural and it is helpful to talk about. Hang in.
  • Quote: Sylviesgirl I went back to yesterdays thread and didn't see anything out of the ordinary or excessively negative. I know I was ridiculous not to be so happy about finally being in Onderland, but that was my issue and I acknowledged it. (And like I expected, I was a pound less at the Drs so it made me feel better.) I think it is very easy to get frustrated, discouraged on any diet plan, it's the nature of the beast. Life happens. If we were all happy and cheery with no issues all the time, well, this place would be pretty borring.

And in response to your ??? about being in Onderland, it still hasn't sunk it, the magnitude of the accomplishment. Maybe when I am a little farther away from the 2's, I'll be more relieved.
    I didn't think you were being ridiculous. I would be the exact same way. Some people call me pessimistic . . . I call me seasoned and skeptical. LOL I don't let myself get too excited about something until it is safely in hand. That said, you really are there, you know. You haven't even been back from your vacation that long. You are doing great, and I'm glad to see it, because when I first started, you were struggling a bit. Great job!
  • I've been struggling this week. Even though I've been very successful over the last 54 weeks I can't seem to shake the wanting to eat feeling. I haven't, except lettuce and pickles. I did open a bag of protein chips and eat 2 then stashed the ranch yumminess back away. All on plan. I know its just stress but lack of sleep is creeping in. I tried switching up meals today. Isnt working. Hot tea and bed might be the only escape. Keep fighting the good ol fight!
  • Quote: I've been struggling this week. Even though I've been very successful over the last 54 weeks I can't seem to shake the wanting to eat feeling. I haven't, except lettuce and pickles. I did open a bag of protein chips and eat 2 then stashed the ranch yumminess back away. All on plan. I know its just stress but lack of sleep is creeping in. I tried switching up meals today. Isnt working. Hot tea and bed might be the only escape. Keep fighting the good ol fight!
    I am in the same boat/feeling like I want to eat all day. Sometimes I wonder if it's all in my head?? Just had my hot tea, bath then bed ;-)