Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #46  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
All, Please forgive me if my question has been asked and answered before, but I can't find an answer anywhere on the forum. I started IP this morning, and my paperwork from the coach says red tuna is allowed 1 time a week. Does that mean ALL tuna is only allowed 1 time a week? I have some light tuna in water (in a pouch) that has no carbs and only 1 fat gram. I am wondering if this is allowed more than once a week. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
If I am understanding this right, red tuna is raw tuna, usually used in sushi.
For 100g or about 4 oz, raw tuna has 144 calories and 5 g fat.
for the same amount of canned tuna it's only 116 cal and 1 g fat. So the "red tuna" is too high fat to be a non-restricted meat and why you should only have it once a week.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #47  

Height: 5'2.5"

Thank you, Lisa! I'm also wondering, will it stall weight loss to not get in all the veggies in a day? I just had lunch and found it very hard to eat that much at one time.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #48  

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
If I am understanding this right, red tuna is raw tuna, usually used in sushi.
For 100g or about 4 oz, raw tuna has 144 calories and 5 g fat.
for the same amount of canned tuna it's only 116 cal and 1 g fat. So the "red tuna" is too high fat to be a non-restricted meat and why you should only have it once a week.
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #49  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Default Dealing with daily weigh-ins

I'm just going to chime in because there are so many frustrated daily weigh-ers...

You've heard it before from the long-timers here, but don't let the scale ever get you down, and stay off it if you can't take it. There's a reason that those who go to clinics or coaches only weigh once a week.

I'm a daily weigh-er. I have been for many years, though, as I struggle with diabetes and trying desperately to lose weight. And I defy anyone to deal with my water retention problem and looking at those numbers every morning. ha ha.

What I have done since day one on IP. I have a sheet of lined notebook paper taped to my bathroom wall (en suite, not the public bathroom!) and I weigh every morning and write it down with the date. That way, I can look at it and see the linear in the not-so linear weight loss.

Just today, I'm up 3 lbs from yesterday. If I was one who freaked over this, I would be flipping out. The thing is, I had an IP mushroom soup yesterday for dinner, which is super high sodium, so I am retaining water today.

Even if you do not have my issues (and I pray you do not) the scale fluctuates greatly day to day. I get one or two "real" weight readings out of 7 days. Days that I do not have water or C issues.

If you can't handle the stress of seeing the scale go up, and start thinking you gained weight somehow (which you absolutely cannot do at 800 calories a day!) you need to stay off the thing. If you insist on weighing every single day, you need to figure out a routine (my sheet of paper type thing) that will help you to not worry when you see a pound or two extra.

Hope this helps. I really hate that so many people stress so hard on this diet. It's really the easiest weight loss I've ever experienced, and it bothers me a lot all the people on here that freak out over little things.

to you all.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
Thank you, Lisa! I'm also wondering, will it stall weight loss to not get in all the veggies in a day? I just had lunch and found it very hard to eat that much at one time.
This diet is Super Low Calorie.
You NEED those veggies! Besides, it is teaching us BETTER eating habits!
If it was too much at one meal, plan a snack or add some to breakfast, as well.
You can also sneak spinach into a a salad (spinach is a veggie but if you mix it with lettuce then you have both), pureed veggies mixed with soups, or spinach in your morning smoothies (use raw)
Soon you'll wish you could have MORE than 4c daily, won't she longtimers?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

It a beautiful day here....finally . Down 2.4 today, another 2.4 gone forever . 5 more pounds until phase 2! Time to take off the winter coat and show off all my hard work! Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #52  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This diet is Super Low Calorie.
You NEED those veggies! Besides, it is teaching us BETTER eating habits!
If it was too much at one meal, plan a snack or add some to breakfast, as well.
You can also sneak spinach into a a salad (spinach is a veggie but if you mix it with lettuce then you have both), pureed veggies mixed with soups, or spinach in your morning smoothies (use raw)
Soon you'll wish you could have MORE than 4c daily, won't she longtimers?
I was having some struggles with veggies last week, which is not the norm for me. I usually eat huge salads plus my 4 cups with no issues. I wasn't feeling real well.

I cooked down some cabbage, cauliflower and onions in just about a cup of clear chicken broth, then put it all through the blender, added some garlic and onion powder and pepper. It was a thick puree soup that was a nice change to eating raw or steamed or even grilled veggies. The only problem was I couldn't keep the kiddo out of it! She loved it too. The second batch I threw in some spinach...really good, if you don't mind very green soup!

Last edited by leannekarella; 04-18-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:42 PM   #53  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Try some new recipes out and even a new veggie you haven't had before. It helps to keep from getting bored and being dissatisfied with your typical foods.

I find that I go through pretty long periods of having a favorite veggie, restricted, or non-restricted. I'll look forward to eating those things every day, then I start to get bored after a while. I usually start trying out new foods in search of a new favorite. Right now I'm all about roasted yellow squash. I just can't get enough of the stuff.
I'm loving the yellow squash right now, too. Last week, I sliced it, tossed it with salt and olive oil and threw it on the grill with my chicken. Well, my husband had a bird because some of it was falling through the grate (LOL), but it was well worth it, because it was delicious!

I think it is time for me to strike out and try something new as you suggested . . . as soon as I get these painting projects done . . . no time for extra stuff until my kitchen is back together! (Thanks for gettin' me.)

P.S. Thanks to all for the encouraging words. I wasn't trying to garner a peptalk, just trying to make sure others realize that it is okay to share struggles and challenges and disappointments on here as well as the successes. I am doing well and am not going anywhere. -- But sometimes it makes me feel better to air a gripe.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #54  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Anyone have a discount code for a Nashua Nutrition order. Thank you.
Randygrl, if you want to pay for a lifetime 10% discount, you can put "I would like to sign up for your Lifetime Club and save 10%." it costs you 29.95 which they apply the 10% discount to making it $19.80 for however long you buy products from them. I went ahead and did this, as it is automatic whenever you log into your account on their site, it remembers you and gives you the discount.

The month thing did not work for me last month and the only help I got was a code for free shipping, which I didn't need since my order was well over $100.
I hope this helps you

Last edited by MntRose; 04-18-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #55  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildviolets View Post
Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but I love making the flatbread with the IP Tomato soup packet. Many IP packet hacks use egg whites. Is there a reason you use the egg whites instead of the whole egg? Could you use the whole egg? I hate wasting the yolk and was curious if there was a reason.
Thanks for anyone's help with this!
A whole egg would be used towards your daily portion of protein (8 oz). The good news is that egg whites are free.

You'll see a lot of recipes where people will add just egg whites. Also, I'm like you. I despise wasting the yolk. So instead I buy 100% pure egg whites in the carton. No waste!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I'm loving the yellow squash right now, too. Last week, I sliced it, tossed it with salt and olive oil and threw it on the grill with my chicken. Well, my husband had a bird because some of it was falling through the grate (LOL), but it was well worth it, because it was delicious!

I think it is time for me to strike out and try something new as you suggested . . . as soon as I get these painting projects done . . . no time for extra stuff until my kitchen is back together! (Thanks for gettin' me.)

P.S. Thanks to all for the encouraging words. I wasn't trying to garner a peptalk, just trying to make sure others realize that it is okay to share struggles and challenges and disappointments on here as well as the successes. I am doing well and am not going anywhere. -- But sometimes it makes me feel better to air a gripe.
Am I confused because on my list squash is not permitted. I bought one was going to cook it up and checked my list and saw it not allowed! I had a slice and was feeling guilty but then remembered a daily quote someone said just move on. So I did. One slice shouldn't be huge. But then today 2 people are saying that's what they are into? Confused??

Also my fingertips are shriveled up like I was in Bath too long. Why? I am ahead of my water probably already had daily amount. So I'm not dehydrated. I actually checked my hydration with a meter at work. Am I missing vitamins? Ay help would be appreciative.

Also glad all birthdays are done! Made it through and stayed OP!
Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #57  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky monkey View Post
Am I confused because on my list squash is not permitted. I bought one was going to cook it up and checked my list and saw it not allowed! I had a slice and was feeling guilty but then remembered a daily quote someone said just move on. So I did. One slice shouldn't be huge. But then today 2 people are saying that's what they are into? Confused??

Also my fingertips are shriveled up like I was in Bath too long. Why? I am ahead of my water probably already had daily amount. So I'm not dehydrated. I actually checked my hydration with a meter at work. Am I missing vitamins? Ay help would be appreciative.

Also glad all birthdays are done! Made it through and stayed OP!
Winter squash is not permitted. Summer squash (zucchini) is permitted. There is a yellow zucchini...

For the first 6 weeks on this diet, my skin went through a very strange overhaul. I shed like a snake for a while. I believe it's just part of the diet. Now, though, my skin is healthier than it's been in my entire life. I use a good oil-free facial moisturizer and another one on my hands, at night before bed. I think the dryness is part of the body's changing and throwing off hormones and toxins at the beginning of the diet.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:29 PM   #58  

So maybe the yellow squash I bought was ok? It was by the zucchini in the store. lol I don't know
Old 04-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky monkey View Post
So maybe the yellow squash I bought was ok? It was by the zucchini in the store. lol I don't know
If it looked like this, you're good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yellowsquash.jpg (2.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #60  

Ok I was good! And it tasted sooooo good so now ill have to get it back from my parents. Lol. Thanks lisa
Closed Thread