Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 376 RNY / 283 IP / 247.2 / 160

Height: 5'7"

My Vit D was low when we checked in May; I'm doing 10,000 a day via highly soluble drops (I believe they have their own fat since Vit D is fat soluble). We'll recheck when we do another a1c in October or so.

I think my doc will do a full panel, she's just waiting to see how I respond to the new meds. And I know that it's any low cal, low carb diet. I'm just saying that IP *is* that and my thyroid got WAAAAY worse since starting.

I'm not sure if I have Hashimoto's but I may have to only do GF IP packets if my levels don't respond.

But UGH! Why is my body so feeling stubborn? Why can't I just follow IP and then lose weight and be healthy? I broke down crying with my husband last night, because I also have all sorts of adrenal problems and was talking about how I read this list of "Are you angry and irritable for no reason? Do you find little things make you feel completely helpless and angry? Do you find yourself yelling or snapping at people and not even realize you are doing it?" Etc. These are all signs of adrenal fatigue (plus the complete exhaustion), and I was weepnf saying how I didn't always feel this way. He agreed and said it's really escalated in the last year.

But, basically, I am fighting so hard and feel so frustrated. Yes, weight is coming off, but I feel horrible. And if I see one more article or a$$wipe on FB comment that fat people need to eat less and exercise more I might burst. I don't know ANYONE fighting as hard as I am and it's just discouraging.

Ok. That is my pity party.
tamila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamila View Post
My Vit D was low when we checked in May; I'm doing 10,000 a day via highly soluble drops (I believe they have their own fat since Vit D is fat soluble). We'll recheck when we do another a1c in October or so.

I think my doc will do a full panel, she's just waiting to see how I respond to the new meds. And I know that it's any low cal, low carb diet. I'm just saying that IP *is* that and my thyroid got WAAAAY worse since starting.

I'm not sure if I have Hashimoto's but I may have to only do GF IP packets if my levels don't respond.

But UGH! Why is my body so feeling stubborn? Why can't I just follow IP and then lose weight and be healthy? I broke down crying with my husband last night, because I also have all sorts of adrenal problems and was talking about how I read this list of "Are you angry and irritable for no reason? Do you find little things make you feel completely helpless and angry? Do you find yourself yelling or snapping at people and not even realize you are doing it?" Etc. These are all signs of adrenal fatigue (plus the complete exhaustion), and I was weepnf saying how I didn't always feel this way. He agreed and said it's really escalated in the last year.

But, basically, I am fighting so hard and feel so frustrated. Yes, weight is coming off, but I feel horrible. And if I see one more article or a$$wipe on FB comment that fat people need to eat less and exercise more I might burst. I don't know ANYONE fighting as hard as I am and it's just discouraging.

Ok. That is my pity party.
Yes you do know someone fighting as hard.
I developed hypothyroid ON IP.
I had quite the pity party in Jan 2013 when I gave up soy & gluten (many of my preferred IP items). I stopped losing as quickly shortly afterward. This forum kept me sane.

You know in the 100% thread where you've talked about the attitude shift needed, surrender, and grieving? I had to let go of my own timetable for getting to goal. I've hung out here for OVER A YEAR watching others lose weight and some get to goal, while I have purposely not been in P1 due to thyroid stress and adrenal fatigue. I had to seek out practitioners who wouldn't just hand me an Rx, thinking that would solve it, because it didn't! I had to find ones who would actually test for adrenal fatigue.

I knew that if I walked away from 3fc support, I'd gain it all back. So I've stuck here. But I will guarantee you NO ONE wants to be at goal more than I. I have bided my time, giving back what has been so freely given to me. My life is so incredibly different than it was 2 short years ago. And one of the things I had to surrender the most was the timetable for achieving goals. My short-term goals had to shift from weight loss to learning to maintain (essential for the long-term). My weight loss just halted.

All this to tell you we are never as alone as we think we are, nor as unique. It is even more important for those of us who struggle with medical issues to learn acceptance and to never compare our journey with that of another (so hard with huge weight losses happening all around!). The more we focus on our own journeys and the improvements we see in our own health and wellness, no matter how tiny, the easier it is to find acceptance.

Have you tried switching to the alternative (diabetic) protocol? Maybe you would feel less horrible? I, for one, am not giving up. Stick with me. We can get through it together.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

I feel you both! The eat less, workout more mantra is BS when you have thyroid issues. It does seem like nothing works and I have had many a break down over it (many times in front of doctors who feed the same line).

IP has been the only thing to show me results, but I am still battling with disbelief that it will continue to work. My losses have been much slower than others here because of it, but I do have hope. Keep going!
CO_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 173/173/128

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hypothyroidism

Hello! I'm starting the ideal protein diet tomorrow and have hypothyroidism. I have tried what seems like everything and have not been able to lose a pound! My thyroid levels are normal according to my blood test though. Does anyone else have hypothyroidism that are on this diet? And has it worked for you? Thanks in advance!
Mj9317 is offline   Reply With Quote