Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #1  

Arrow IP weekend chat Sat 7/26 - Sun 7/27/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-26-2014, 07:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Good Morning Everyone...heading out to work this morning...Hopefully for only 1/2 a day.

Went to dinner with some friends last night. BYOB place. I did not drink which was awsome, however I ordered the steak and veggies and although I asked for it plain, it must have been cooked in butter because my belly was having a chat with me last night LOL...Also I should have left more on the plate, but I didn't ... Kind of mad at myself but I cannot dwell anymore on this and cannot let it ruin my weekend. I have no more dinner out plans from now till we go on vacation in 3 weeks... I am focusing on 100% till then.

Mind over Matter.... wish me luck!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #3  

Default Good Morning!

Sgrealtor, you did your best last night when ordering. Good for you for focusing on the next few weeks!

For Jemma (from yesterday) - thanks for noticing the new pic! I really dislike taking pictures of myself but wanted something that showed a little progress!

Today should be a fun day. My coach/chiropractor and now friend (yay!) is coming over and we are going shopping just for the sake of getting out and doing something fun. I'm really excited about it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-26-2014, 09:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Mornin y'all! Had a NSV last night - hubby looked at me and said he thinks I look thinner.

Busy day ahead!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:14 AM   #5  
Started IP Sept. 24, 2013

S/C/G: 378/315/190

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Mornin y'all! Had a NSV last night - hubby looked at me and said he thinks I look thinner.

Busy day ahead!
That has to be one of the best NSV's ever.

I know my husband has to like the way I look better now than before but I've never heard a word.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone! I need a little motivation this weekend. I have been back on the diet for three weeks now AND on metformin for three weeks (for pcos mostly. My a1c was 5.6 so it's more of a precaution and to regulate hormones) and I haven't seen a budge in the scale or my glucose levels. I'm starting to become very frustrated. I'm not even mad anymore. I'm past that stage and now just tear up at the sight of the scale/measuring tape. Here's my typical day:
Breakfast-RTD shake and 8oz coffee
Snack:cucumber
Lunch:salad with mushrooms cucumber and occasional egg with WF and unrestricted BBQ chips
Snack:bell pepper or cauliflower (sometimes broccoli)
Dinner 8oz chicken breast, tilapia, or sirloin with 2 c veggies
Snack: white cheddar ridges or chocolate wafer
80-100 oz water most days.
Help!!?
I have lost 4 pounds total (water I'm sure) and only half an inch in my hips. This is a restart from the spring where I had lost almost 30 pounds in 8 weeks then took a short 5 week break. Now I have a spur of the moment vacation planned next week and right now can't rationalize staying on this diet in Vegas of all places when nothing's moving.
P.S. Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
Old 07-26-2014, 10:35 AM   #7  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64peppergirl View Post
That has to be one of the best NSV's ever.

I know my husband has to like the way I look better now than before but I've never heard a word.
I think my hubby doesn't want to hurt my feelings. Like he's said, "This is ALWAYS the way you looked to me." Haha....he's wasn't looking very closely then!

I noticed your new pic also, GraceRev.....looking fab! Have a fun day!

I went to my favorite Mexican place last night and skipped the salsa since everything I read online says they add sugar to it. Another NSV was that I got a side of sour cream and guacamole on my plate and I just happily spooned it over to my hubby's plate (or if it wasn't happily at least I did it).

I am REALLY looking forward to avocados once I phase off!

Hubby's at work this morning....will be diving back into my Beck Diet Solution book after breakfast!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Ok I am noticing how I used to use food for stress. Now I'm just a b**ch. so freaking frustrated this morning!!! Ugh!!!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Eva I craved avocados and olives. Now in maintenance they are happily back in my life

Kelly, I definitely used sugar as my stress medication! I am crabbier too, but my health is better. So look out everyone else

GraceRev, sounds like a fun day. Love the new pic.

Noodles, I know it is frustrating, but keep on keeping on. Maybe split your protein between lunch and dinner? Try some new recipes which vary the protein types.

JJtx, nice to have your efforts appreciated. Good job DH!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #10  
started IP 06/2/2014

S/C/G: 295/ticker/180

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Default rages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Ok I am noticing how I used to use food for stress. Now I'm just a b**ch. so freaking frustrated this morning!!! Ugh!!!
You and me both!!!! My moods are a mess. So easy to piss me off these days. My poor kids and BF. I now know how much I used food and alcohol and a stress relief. Now when I feel like that I go take a walk.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:11 PM   #11  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Default One day at a time

I am hanging in and having more routine this week - heading for my 3rd weigh in which will be 3 days later than usual cause my coach is on vacation. Thursday WI instead of Monday. I had one restricted IP food goof up (2 in one day) but otherwise have been religiously OP.

My home scale shows that I am down 2-3 lbs since last WI, but I won't believe it until the official scale tells me and I can post my results here.

One of my sorority sisters from college (more than 30 years ago) began IP this week - she lives in Illinois and we talk regularly by phone, so I have another support system in place as we can work together to stay on plan. We talked for a couple hours this AM when I shared this 3FC community forum with her, and pointed her to recipes and ideas for making the program work. Our weights are similar and we have a reunion in October so we have a common incentive (aside from good health) for the first 3 months.

This is another plus that's helping me believe that this time will be different - I will persist until I reach goal and then persist in maintaining.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Default Ice cream

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/produ...ce-cream-bowl/

I just read the posts yesterday about ice cream. I bought this 2 months ago and love it. A lot of stirring is required, but it turns a RTD into soft serve. Yum!
Old 07-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #13  

Noodles: the snacks without protein could be contributing factors (could spike insulin). That and the metformin.

Are you constipated?
Using all your oil, water, salt, supplements?
Eating all your veggies plus 2 salads?
Old 07-26-2014, 03:02 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Noodles: the snacks without protein could be contributing factors (could spike insulin). That and the metformin.

Are you constipated?
Using all your oil, water, salt, supplements?
Eating all your veggies plus 2 salads?
That makes sense. I could add an egg here and there and deduct from my supper I suppose. I am getting all of my oil/salt/supplements. I did run out of IP omegas and am supplementing with natures way krill oil. Could that be a factor?
I'm not constipated. My BM's have decreased since my restart but they are still normal. It may be that my body is just being extremely stubborn, as it usually is. IP was the first diet I actually responded too. This "issue" is usually my MO for any diet/exercise program.
On the plus side, of the 12 pounds I gained over my break, 5 of it was pure muscle according to my coach. of course I was lifting 3-4 times/week and cardio 5. Could that be an issue since I've cut out my heavy lifting? I still do the cArdio 2-3 days and just cut the intensity in half.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Eva I craved avocados and olives. Now in maintenance they are happily back in my life
I miss avocado too! And cheese.
Closed Thread