Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #31  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Well after the fiasco from the last few days - DW is still laughing at me this morning as she is taking her morning supplements - things have started to return to normal for me in regards to digestive distress.
Your wife needs to be careful, she may choke on her supplements if she laughs too much. Or, with her taking laxatives, even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I have tried to make the pancake out of crispy cereal twice now.. and the problem I am having is it sticking to the pan.. any suggestions?
Thanks!!
Do you fry them using olive oil or anything? I use coconut oil.

I have started whipping the egg whites up until they are good and fluffy, it changes the texture of the pancakes.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #32  
IP Start: 8/17/12

S/C/G: 183/150/150

Snickers,
Are you using a good non-stick pan? I found that was invaluable. Even with the non-stick pan I used PAM.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:24 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

2nd WI yesterday - happy to report that I'm down 10lbs and just under 6 inches in two weeks! Sorry to sound braggish - but this is a huge step for me. I couldn't tell you the last time I felt so empowered by my own discipline!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #34  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
2nd WI yesterday - happy to report that I'm down 10lbs and just under 6 inches in two weeks! Sorry to sound braggish - but this is a huge step for me. I couldn't tell you the last time I felt so empowered by my own discipline!
We love "braggish" around here! It is good for us all -- whatever kind of week we may be having -- to read about successes. It uplifts everyone, so feel free to "brag" on!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #35  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post
I had my 9 week weigh in last night. I have hit the 25 pound mark!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Congrats on the 25lb mark!!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #36  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by getnlean View Post

That's awesome - congratulations! So inspiring...

Edit: ...and GETNLEAN you totally rocked my day today! When I was out and about running around I totally thought of you.

I was contemplating having my fish and veggies out at a lovely restaurant where the al fresco dining was very appealing. Now, not that eating out is a bad thing, but fine restaurant dining is my addiction. And who knows if I would have snuck in a little glass of chardonnay or something because it looked so good in the warm sun & I feel good enough to cheat a little.

So, I used your "9" frame of reference. I thought to myself - for the past 9 months, let alone 9 years, I ate and drank wherever I wanted and whatever I wanted with little to no deprivation and it has gotten me to exactly where I am today. So, what's a measly little 9 weeks to whip myself into shape?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I instead went to the store and bought tilapia and eggplant, marinated both in some ginger sauce and popped them on the George Forman grill. It was delish!

Last edited by peaches17; 04-17-2013 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #38  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

April Starter brag all you want, you deserve it!

getnlean

ninjanurse
Old 04-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #39  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
Do you marinate the fish and/or veggies before putting them on the grill?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen02719 View Post
How do you season your veggies on the George foreman? I've been steaming all my veggies in the ziploc steam bags but I am getting bored with that.
I've done both marinating and/or just seasoning.

For the seasoning, I'll either create my own based on flavor "style" -- oregano/basil and garlic/ thyme, garlic/cumin, paprika, garlic/ rosemary and lemon-- or I used purchased mixes such as lemon-pepper-garlic or Emeril's cajun seasoning. I've put the seasoning straight on the protein or veg and grilled it, or sometimes I mix it with a little oil (allowed amounts) and rub that on. The oil seems to keep it a little more moist.

I really like thai food and my favorite seasoning combinations typically include curry powder, lime juice, minced ginger, and garlic. I frequently make a marinade for the fish/chicken that includes that blend with some white wine vinegar and a little minced cilantro.

I also just like the flavor when vegetables get slightly charred/grill marks so keeping it simple is good too.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 04-17-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Rubygirl: re: fish

I am loving frozen tilapia fillets lately. 2 of them are roughly 6 oz of protein which leaves me with an enough wiggle room to throw an egg into a pudding pancake as my bedtime snack.

I cover a pan in foil, heat the oven to 400, spray the foil with olive oil, put the frozen fillets on the pan and season with Old Bay (the regular Old Bay is starch free). Then I throw on some frozen veggies (usually cauliflower) and season those with RealSalt season salt and some garlic powder and paprika. Bake it for about 25 minutes. I test the fish with a fork in the thicker parts to make sure it flakes nicely. Easy and YUM.

Last edited by GreatLakes86; 04-17-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #41  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
My NSV for the day, on a whim I tried on my high school ring which I haven't worn in 10+ years now fits perfectly.
I love those kind of surprises, when you're not even expecting it to fit/work! Great NSV! I noticed this week that I had crossed my legs when sitting. I haven't done that in ages and it wasn't even a conscious thought when I did it. I just looked down and thought (surprised) "My legs are crossed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
April Starter, you should be proud! This is not easy, and you're DOING it! I've had several people say that they could never do this program.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #42  
Started IP 12-26-2012

I'm late coming in today...Weird night of sleep. Vivid dreams making me insane. Not nightmares, just dreams you wake up wondering if it were real or not. I go through these with hormone changes. TOM must be coming early this month. LOL

It's a good day, though. Scale is down a smidgen, and my new order of Nectar came in yesterday so I had a big yummy vanilla latte for breakfast today. YUM!

Hope everyone has a fantastic rest of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
The waitress came back and said the chef said it would be an extra $7!!! I asked to speak to the manager. I told him I was on a special diet and he finally agreed to let me have my dinner. Woohoo!!! Score one for the fat chicks!
Yahh for standing up for yourself! I agree it's not always easy, but I've yet to find a restaurant that won't at least try to accommodate when I say I'm on a special diet. Carrots seem to be the major sticking point...they put them in everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I posted this question on the recipe thread.. but I figured maybe I will get an answer here quicker.
I have tried to make the pancake out of crispy cereal twice now.. and the problem I am having is it sticking to the pan.. any suggestions?
Thanks!!
Very, very low heat, and I use olive oil in my own spray can (Misto). It seems with frying ANY IP product, it takes a nice sheen of oil and very slow cooking on low heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes86 View Post
Rubygirl: re: fish
I am loving frozen tilapia fillets lately. 2 of them are roughly 6 oz of protein which leaves me with an enough wiggle room to throw an egg into a pudding pancake as my bedtime snack.
Tilapia is one of my favorites. What I do is beat up an egg, season it with pepper, garlic and onion powder, and then dip the filet in it and fry it on a lightly olive oil coated frypan. It's like having fried fish without the badness...and sooo yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
I went for my 3 month Dr appt today and she was very happy with my progress. As a result, I'm stopping my thyroid and Metformin medicines and reducing my cholesterol med by half. I'm so happy about this with only 23 lbs lost in almost 9 weeks. My blood pressure was 110/80 which is great. My next big step is reducing my bp med dosage but that will have to wait until my next appointment. I'm now officially NOT a type 2 diabetic anymore. Couldn't be more excited.
That is SO fantastic! I'm so hoping I can get there too!!! YEah for you!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:56 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
I love those kind of surprises, when you're not even expecting it to fit/work! Great NSV! I noticed this week that I had crossed my legs when sitting. I haven't done that in ages and it wasn't even a conscious thought when I did it. I just looked down and thought (surprised) "My legs are crossed".

April Starter, you should be proud! This is not easy, and you're DOING it! I've had several people say that they could never do this program.
Very cool NSV.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:57 PM   #44  

Ragdoll, I'm right there with you on the no butt. I swear mine is concave!

Spiritman...you are just having a great day!!! No more Floralax issues and a new piece of bling!

April Starter, that is fantastic! Gotta love seeing those inches melt away!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #45  

If anyone is having residual girl scout cookie cravings, let me just say that a cup of peppermint tea to go along with an IP cookies 'n cream bar is a nice approximation of a thin mint cookie.
Closed Thread