IP Daily Chat Wednesday 4/17/2013

You're on Page 6 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Will my temperature ever regulate again? I am always cold! This is quite the change from always bein too warm. I woukd tather be cool than hot though! I haven't found a liking for decaf coffee or tea... So work is tough. It's April and I feel like I need to dress for the arctic! We are still having blizzards here though, so I suppose that's not too out of line. Any temperature experience from any of the veterans is appreciated. Thanks!
    Yeah, I think we just have to deal with that as we get thinner and lose that insulating layer of fat! I asked my coach and she said it was a trade off that we have to live with. I've been doing this almost 7 months now and I am much colder natured that I was with 70 more pounds on me!
  • Almost a year ago I managed to take off 55 pounds with Ideal Protein. I chose to leave before getting to Phase 2. Since July, I have gained about 18 pounds... with most of this coming between Christmas and Easter. I have been back on IP for 1 1/2 weeks, and I have managed to lose 5 pounds during my first WI. This time I want to make it all the way through P4. This program really works, and I feel so much better when I am eating this way. I am looking forward to reading all of your posts. Good luck everyone!
  • Quote: I am so glad to see all those NSVs out there and AWESOME scale victories as well. I am having a rough week 3 for some reason. I accidentally had 2 restricted items on Monday, was having tummy issues yesterday, (not due to a laxative like spiritman's situation ), and today I cannot get myself to eat much of anything. I have drank 90 ozs today so far, but cannot bring myself to eat my veggies. I have a 31Bag Party that I am going to tonight and am feeling weak-willed at the moment. I know I can do this but I am wondering why week 3 is starting to kick my behind. I need some IP love from my IP friends out there. Thanks.
    Man, I feel very similarly. I had 4 packets one day over the weekend, and today I had a packet instead of dinner with a little meat and veg, I just couldn't bring myself to eat. I feel really guilty. I was doubled over with cramps at work. Not happy, exhausted, yuck. Week three too.

I weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed it goes well. I feel really anxious every week about weigh in. I've always been a slow loser, but this diet is so difficult, I just hate to think I'm not going to lose over two lbs...ugh. I need some patience! I guess there's no food to quell the anxiety!

I'm trying to take off as much as possible by July, then transition into a less restrictive eating plan like paleo, so I can work out more. I'm getting married September 21st, and I don't want to be plus size on my wedding day!
  • Quote: What do you mean by "throw an egg into a pudding pancake?" Do you make pancakes with the pudding packets? Tell me how!!
    Jen02719:

Sorry...this is a bit weird. I don't really know my way around here yet. You asked me a question in yesterday's daily chat that I didn't see before going to bed and since it's closed, I didn't know how else to go about answering you.

Anyway....probably the two that leave me feeling most satisfied are the Chocolate drink mix and the Choco Raspberry Protein Bars. I also do pretty well with the vanilla drink mix (really like it made into Chai Tea which gives me more to drink too) and I do OK with the pink lemonade as well.
  • Crazy day today....I was running all day. It's 9:30pm and I'm still a protein short. Is it better just to skip it since it's so late or to still get it in?

Thanks!
  • Good evening!

I am restarting IP tomorrow. Last year I had a very successful loss, but, due to poor eating habits...gained a lot of it back. Maintenance does work! I loved eating phase 3 breakfasts, working out, and seeing the scale remain at my goal...on the dot!! The holidays got to me though...as well as a very stressful Feb to now. I've been trying to stay on plan here & there...and have lost about 10 lbs. I'm sooo hoping that my regain will come off! Most of all, I really hope to learn better coping skills...because life happens. I can't run to the cupboards every time the going gets rough. So starting fresh tomorrow!
  • Quote: Almost a year ago I managed to take off 55 pounds with Ideal Protein. I chose to leave before getting to Phase 2. Since July, I have gained about 18 pounds... with most of this coming between Christmas and Easter. I have been back on IP for 1 1/2 weeks, and I have managed to lose 5 pounds during my first WI. This time I want to make it all the way through P4. This program really works, and I feel so much better when I am eating this way. I am looking forward to reading all of your posts. Good luck everyone!
    Wow...I'm in the same boat! We can do this!!