Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Congratulations on all of the awesome WIs and NSVs! I had my 5th WI today, and I'm down another 2 pounds for a total of 15! Even better, I lost at least another inch off my waist. My coach said it was more, but she is not the best at measuring. We have a running joke that I need to tattoo a dot for each place she has to measure so she can line it up in the same spot each time. I'm so grateful to all of you for the inspiration you give me and for all the truths you share.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes86 View Post
Rubygirl: re: fish

I am loving frozen tilapia fillets lately. 2 of them are roughly 6 oz of protein which leaves me with an enough wiggle room to throw an egg into a pudding pancake as my bedtime snack.

I cover a pan in foil, heat the oven to 400, spray the foil with olive oil, put the frozen fillets on the pan and season with Old Bay (the regular Old Bay is starch free). Then I throw on some frozen veggies (usually cauliflower) and season those with RealSalt season salt and some garlic powder and paprika. Bake it for about 25 minutes. I test the fish with a fork in the thicker parts to make sure it flakes nicely. Easy and YUM.
What do you mean by "throw an egg into a pudding pancake?" Do you make pancakes with the pudding packets? Tell me how!!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I'm late coming in today...Weird night of sleep. Vivid dreams making me insane. Not nightmares, just dreams you wake up wondering if it were real or not. I go through these with hormone changes. TOM must be coming early this month. LOL
Vivid dreams may also be your body cleansing and clearing. They started happening to me since I started my cleanse and then IP. The dreams are beyond real - like an alternate universe. :-)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
What do you mean by "throw an egg into a pudding pancake?" Do you make pancakes with the pudding packets? Tell me how!!

SUPER easy. I make mine with vanilla pudding and top it with the Walden Farms Pancake Syrup. Heat a bit of oil (I use coconut) in a nonstick pan on low to medium low. Put the pudding packet powder in a bowl and add enough water to get it a bit runny. I don't measure, but probably like a 1/2 to 2/3 of a cup? Whisk it with a fork until you get most of the lumps out. Then add in either an egg or 2 egg whites and beat until it is incorporated. You can make a couple of regular sized pancakes or one gigantic pancake. Let it sit for a few minutes until it has started to brown and then flip. I usually press down on it with my spatula after I flip it. Let it cook until the other side is browned and then sprinkle with cinnamon and top with syrup. Tastes like french toast!

Last edited by GreatLakes86; 04-17-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen02719 View Post
I make mine this way:
1-2 egg whites, whipped but not peaked ( I usually use 1 but others use 2)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c (raw) lightly sautéed zucchini
Banana pudding or wild berry yogurt packet (other flavors of your choice)

Cook slower than a typical pancake
Old 04-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 241.6/150

I am a newbe to this IP Protein. What protein powder do you use ?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 PM   #67  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Will my temperature ever regulate again? I am always cold! This is quite the change from always bein too warm. I woukd tather be cool than hot though! I haven't found a liking for decaf coffee or tea... So work is tough. It's April and I feel like I need to dress for the arctic! We are still having blizzards here though, so I suppose that's not too out of line. Any temperature experience from any of the veterans is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:31 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

I am so glad to see all those NSVs out there and AWESOME scale victories as well. I am having a rough week 3 for some reason. I accidentally had 2 restricted items on Monday, was having tummy issues yesterday, (not due to a laxative like spiritman's situation ), and today I cannot get myself to eat much of anything. I have drank 90 ozs today so far, but cannot bring myself to eat my veggies. I have a 31Bag Party that I am going to tonight and am feeling weak-willed at the moment. I know I can do this but I am wondering why week 3 is starting to kick my behind. I need some IP love from my IP friends out there. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #69  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by allwayshungery View Post
I am a newbe to this IP Protein. What protein powder do you use ?
Ideal Protein has their own brand of protein powders. There are many of us who use alternative products that are comparable nutritional values to the actual Ideal Protein ones. There are some threads here dedicated to alternatives that will work as a substitute for the actual IP products.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #70  

Hi all...so many of you are doing do well!

I on the other hand stumbled big time today. I was on for 13 days 100% then was hungry, with cravings...and then went to town. I started with my egg whites, then on to a few IP bars, and then just continued on. Now I have a headache. Most of all, I feel like a failure...will I ever get this weight off again? I was on IP last year and lost 40 lbs...then gained it all back in a matter of a month & a half. One cheat day turned into weeks. I fear that I have slowed my metabolism down. This time around, I did lose 11 lbs in those 13 days & my clothes were getting loose on me. Not sure if I should just hang this up...

Sorry for the depressing post...just need to talk.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

I haven't lost ANYHING since Sunday . Can someone PLEASE send the fairy in my direction...I am desperate for a loss!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
I am so glad to see all those NSVs out there and AWESOME scale victories as well. I am having a rough week 3 for some reason. I accidentally had 2 restricted items on Monday, was having tummy issues yesterday, (not due to a laxative like spiritman's situation ), and today I cannot get myself to eat much of anything. I have drank 90 ozs today so far, but cannot bring myself to eat my veggies. I have a 31Bag Party that I am going to tonight and am feeling weak-willed at the moment. I know I can do this but I am wondering why week 3 is starting to kick my behind. I need some IP love from my IP friends out there. Thanks.
I feel similar, the scale hasn't budged at all this week and it is very discouraging!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #73  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Hang in there. You can do it!!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #74  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS14 View Post
Hi all...so many of you are doing do well!

I on the other hand stumbled big time today. I was on for 13 days 100% then was hungry, with cravings...and then went to town. I started with my egg whites, then on to a few IP bars, and then just continued on. Now I have a headache. Most of all, I feel like a failure...will I ever get this weight off again? I was on IP last year and lost 40 lbs...then gained it all back in a matter of a month & a half. One cheat day turned into weeks. I fear that I have slowed my metabolism down. This time around, I did lose 11 lbs in those 13 days & my clothes were getting loose on me. Not sure if I should just hang this up...

Sorry for the depressing post...just need to talk.
I've had a few of those moments and dusted myself off and started fresh the next day. For me, feeling thinner is not worth any cheat of few moments of a delicious treat. The food becomes a distant memory and the sadness and and beating myself up is not worth it.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #75  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

my weigh in was yesterday and lost 1.8 pounds! giving me a total of 30.4 pounds lost in the last 12 weeks! ohh and I am now 179.6 so officially in the 170's!!!!

Been posting my weigh in's on facebook and had to laugh when the ex husband commented last night, said he had 'no doubt I could do it if I only wanted to'. . . . but as I recall every time I tried to diet he was unsupportive, complained that he was being punished and if he was having a treat would be the one to say 'Just have a bite, it won't hurt you" . . . so I just never replied to that comment, guess we all remember things differently.
Closed Thread