3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   super fruit balsamic (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279760-super-fruit-balsamic.html)

cajuncarrier 04-15-2013 10:05 AM

super fruit balsamic

Quick question,

Today is my first day on IP. How much super fruit balsamic salad dressing can you have per day? I don't like my salad without dressing.

thanks

lisa32989 04-15-2013 11:40 AM

Never heard of it.
Is it on the sheet?
Unless it is 0/0/0, the answer is none.

Olive oil and Apple Cider vinegar with some herbs makes a good dressing. Otherwise, we're allowed Walden Farms dressings.

cajuncarrier 04-15-2013 12:17 PM

yes it's by walden farms and on the sheet. It came with the program.

peaches17 04-15-2013 12:20 PM

Walden Farms is on your sheet? It's not on mine.

I only found out about their products from the blogs.

GreatLakes86 04-15-2013 12:38 PM

There should be a serving size (usually 2 tablespoons) on the bottle. Stick with that. Many people try to limit their "extras" like WF products to 4-6 servings per day. :)

thegirlinsask 04-15-2013 12:40 PM

Balsamic

I thought that you were not allowed Balsamic vinegar on IP? That's what my coach told me. She says it has sugar in it ????

cajuncarrier 04-15-2013 12:55 PM

Met with my coach Friday and received everything that day. It is on my sheet and it has 0/0/0. It is from Walden. I don't have the bottle with me. But when I said that I can't eat a salad without something, she said no problem and handed this to me. I know some recommend olive oil, lemon juice, and stuff like that, but I'm a very picky eater. This fit perfectly with my taste buds. There are no sugars or fats.

Here is a link to the nutrition info.
http://www.waldenfarms.com/nutrition_facts.html#

Thanks for the recommendation on size. I just had about 1 TBSP with my lunch salad.

lisa32989 04-15-2013 01:37 PM

As long as its Walden Farms 0/0/0, it is good-to-go.

My WF Balsamic Dressing isn't that name.
Mine is just called Balsamic Vinagarette, but now I see they have more than one. Just use servings on the label (or less!)

cajuncarrier 04-15-2013 01:59 PM

ok thanks

leannekarella 04-16-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4707369)
As long as its Walden Farms 0/0/0, it is good-to-go.

My WF Balsamic Dressing isn't that name.
Mine is just called Balsamic Vinagarette, but now I see they have more than one. Just use servings on the label (or less!)

I was on Netrition.Com today placing an order and noticed that there are 3 or 4 new WF salad dressings. I don't use them, but others that do might be interested.

disgal 04-16-2013 07:44 AM

walden Farms now makes two more dressings (that I am aware of anyway)...

Honey Balsamic vinaigrette , and Pear and White Balsamic vinaigrette ....

.....which I picked up at my IP clinic about a month ago......

They're ok....I prefer the Pear.....

Shawsy 04-16-2013 02:23 PM

If you find you don't like the WF Dressings (I liked some but not others) then I would suggest you find a vinegar that you like (one that is 0/0/0) and a good olive oil and just make your own dressings as you need them. Instead of vinegar, you can use lemon or lime juice.

I use an 8oz canning jar, mix the vinegar and oil with salt and pepper and herbs etc... and shake away. Initially I was pretty precise about measuring the olive oil, but I got pretty good at eyballing it eventually.

cajuncarrier 04-16-2013 04:31 PM

I love the super fruit basaltic. It actually coats the greens well so you get the taste in every bite. Not sure about the others yet.

California Kathy 04-17-2013 04:09 AM

WF products have 1/3rd of one carb per serving. I use it a lot. I think of 3 servings = 1 carb. I monitor my total carbs that way. There is no sugar and no calories and no carbs. no nutritional value either, I'm sure it's just garbage health-wise. But it helps me to stay OP by adding flavor to things . I use the salad dressing, the jellies and the BBQ sauce a lot. I just got some of that fruity balsamic dressing . I didn't care for it. I personally like the ranch, honey mustard, asian, ceasar, and thousand island dressings. They also make a great caramel dip that I use for cookies I make out of envelopes and egg whites and spices.

Have fun on the program. I have lost 49 pounds since 15 Jan, and I feel more energy than I have in 15 years. I'm 58 years old and nothing has worked for me except this program. I just love it.

cajuncarrier 04-17-2013 07:52 AM

Great motivation!!! Glad everything is working for you. But yesterday and today , so far, I'm extremely tired and cranky as an old bull!!!! Even my students asked me yesterday what was wrong. I've been faithful for 2 days, but I sure am questioning myself. It is tough to be strong when you feel so horrible:mad: