Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Sat-Sun, April 13-14, 2013

Welcome back to the Weekend Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-13-2013, 06:25 AM   #2  

Happy Saturday!

If you are new (and good reminders for the rest of us)
Read the Stuckies at the top of the forum and the first post of this thread where you will find TONS of links

There is rarely a reason to start a new thread. Most are duplicates (triplicates, quadriplicates, etc), if you spend some time reading (which is how you will learn).

The search feature works but it takes a try or two to figure it out. Be patient!

If you read back to older threads BE CAREFUL! Look at the date the person posted before you reply directly to them. Some folks have phased off and left (or just left not getting to goal, unfortunately). You can still reply to the thread.

Have a great OP weekend and don't forget to share your successes with all of us!

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-13-2013 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi Lisa,
You should post this on alot of threads, way toooo many
duplicates. People are just not lurking enough before they post new
threads.
Patience and reading for sure!
thanks,
Have a great OP day!

D
Old 04-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #4  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

What a great evening we had last night, and quite unexpectedly! We thought we were just going over to a neighbor's house for dinner with them. We were the first two families in the neighborhood almost 20 years ago, so it was a really nice gesture when they invited us over for a 'farewell' dinner. The food was great (boneless pork chop and grilled squash and portobello mushrooms - just bread for others for carbs since they knew I had been on IP), as was the company. As we were sitting having coffee (me) and dessert (the others had homemade flan, which was my DH's favorite and not something I like at all), a neighbor from across the street came over with a platter of cookies, and she joined us for dessert. Then the doorbell rang again, and another neighbor arrived. Then another. And another. And another. And so on until there was a houseful and we suddenly were in the middle of a party! It was very touching to have everyone gathered there to give us their best wishes. I know my husband will be sorely missed in the neighborhood in particular, as he was the homeowner's association president and always stayed on top of everything that needed to be done. He's leaving big shoes to fill!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Also like! Lurking around here often helps me avoid temptations, there's a lot of info and it can be time consuming in a good way! Hope everyone has a great OP weekend! I'll be at a baseball game tomorrow and not being as cramped in the seat as last summer is reason enough to say no to the beer and popcorn
Old 04-13-2013, 07:47 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

I came the closest I have to cheating last night. Siting on the deck grilling steaks and veggies and hubs asked is i wanted a margarita or a glass of wine, sure was tempted..... but all the tidbits of knowledge from this forum ran through my head and I said "NO". The best thing is 2 lbs down on the scale this AM. (Sure miss my wine!)
Old 04-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #7  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

bubbleblower- what a nice surprise.

Saltykisses
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
What a great evening we had last night, and quite unexpectedly! We thought we were just going over to a neighbor's house for dinner with them. We were the first two families in the neighborhood almost 20 years ago, so it was a really nice gesture when they invited us over for a 'farewell' dinner. The food was great (boneless pork chop and grilled squash and portobello mushrooms - just bread for others for carbs since they knew I had been on IP), as was the company. As we were sitting having coffee (me) and dessert (the others had homemade flan, which was my DH's favorite and not something I like at all), a neighbor from across the street came over with a platter of cookies, and she joined us for dessert. Then the doorbell rang again, and another neighbor arrived. Then another. And another. And another. And so on until there was a houseful and we suddenly were in the middle of a party! It was very touching to have everyone gathered there to give us their best wishes. I know my husband will be sorely missed in the neighborhood in particular, as he was the homeowner's association president and always stayed on top of everything that needed to be done. He's leaving big shoes to fill!
Aww!!! that was nice of them!
You did great! Hard with all those deserts around not to slip
something without even thinking.
Sure your hubby will be missed.
Have a great day!
D
Old 04-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post

Hi Lisa,
You should post this on alot of threads, way toooo many
duplicates. People are just not lurking enough before they post new
threads.
Patience and reading for sure!
thanks,
Have a great OP day!

D
I agree. There's so much on here and I've spent countless hours pouring over threads and making notes and spreadsheets. It's such a help to absorb so much info, think about it and post follow-up questions. Our own personal libraries!!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all! Great site! I'm on day 10 and down by 8.....so EXCITED! In my first week made it through a Boston Bruins game without cheating . . . Stayed in my seat away from food stands. I was down by 4 lbs in first few days so it gave. E lots of motivation not to cheat, brought IP snack and cucumber slices and made it through! Plus the B's won.....Great night all around.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #11  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Happy Saturday!

If you are new (and good reminders for the rest of us)
Read the Stuckies at the top of the forum and the first post of this thread where you will find TONS of links

There is rarely a reason to start a new thread. Most are duplicates (triplicates, quadriplicates, etc), if you spend some time reading (which is how you will learn).

The search feature works but it takes a try or two to figure it out. Be patient!

If you read back to older threads BE CAREFUL! Look at the date the person posted before you reply directly to them. Some folks have phased off and left (or just left not getting to goal, unfortunately). You can still reply to the thread.

Have a great OP weekend and don't forget to share your successes with all of us!
True enough, but I also find that if I post something important (to me) in chat, I don't always get feedback or advice, so I see the temptation to make a new thread...but I'm very obedient, so I don't do it, lol!!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/152/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! My body has been taking a short reprieve from weight loss the last week or more. Trying not to get discouraged and stay the plan. I had my first night dining out and stayed op last evening. Wishing everyone a successful weekend!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY3labs View Post
Hi all! Great site! I'm on day 10 and down by 8.....so EXCITED! In my first week made it through a Boston Bruins game without cheating . . . Stayed in my seat away from food stands. I was down by 4 lbs in first few days so it gave. E lots of motivation not to cheat, brought IP snack and cucumber slices and made it through! Plus the B's won.....Great night all around.

Hi All ! New to IP!! Similar to MY3labs, I am on day 11! Down 8 (officially - I weigh in on Tues with my IP coach) but inches lost are distinctly recognizable for me at this point, which is just the amount of motivation I need to stay OP! I'm excited to have 10 days behind me and thank the 3FC community all for the awesome information and inspiration.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/185/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicsmylife View Post
Hi everyone! My body has been taking a short reprieve from weight loss the last week or more. Trying not to get discouraged and stay the plan. I had my first night dining out and stayed op last evening. Wishing everyone a successful weekend!
Don't get discouraged! I'm going through the same thing for the last 2 weeks. last week, didn't lose any lbs but lost a few inches, and this week no inches, lost 1 lbs. My coach said it's normal for weight loss to fluctuate each week. And it could be caused from several different factors. TOM, not enough water intake, stress, not enough sleep. etc, etc, etc.

Don't give up, I know I'm not.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #15  
11/30/2015

S/C/G: 143/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while but read the posts daily. I've been hovering at my current wait for a few weeks and wondering if I should change my goal. I'm so happy with where I'm at and people at work are complimenting my weight loss and asking what I've been doing. I happily explain the program and may have convinced a few to look into it. So nervous about changing my goal to be five pounds higher but more nervous about maintenance. I love the "security" of the packets. My wonderful hubby has been so supportive through my journey and is actually encouraging me to stay at my current weight. He's worried I may not be able to maintain another 5-6 pounds lower. I know it doesn't sound like much weight and I'm so close. Guess I'm looking for some advice on what to do?
Closed Thread