IP Daily Chat Thursday 4/11/2013

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: I think it stinks that you are worried about stirring up anything just asking a question.

I am familiar with this product as prior to undertaking this diet I have been a been a vegetarian for a few years. It is a great source of vitamin b12 and is complete protein. Many vegetarians use it to supplement their diet and prevent diet deficiencies. I will stir the turd and say that this would be healthier for you than a cheese shred and shouldn't affect your ketosis. If you notice the dietary fiber. This is counted as a carb on labels but is not absorbed by the body and turned into glucose. So the yeast actually has less carbs. Here is a link if you want to see the explanation again.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...he-carb-count/

All I can say is that this is used in small amounts as a vitamin, amino acid supplement. As a vegan I made bean, lentil, and veggie soups and would mix this in my bowl prior to serving. I know it can be used a cheese but if you use it that way only use it in small amounts and don't go crazy. I don't use this at the moment because I am eating meat and the organic kind I use is not cheap. To me it is supplement to prevent b12 def. not an cheese substitute.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...he-carb-count/

And to those who get upset about going off plan. I don't actually think this would be a 0/0/0 condiment but I don't think this will kick anyone out of ketosis because there is only 1 absorbable carb and actually has 6gm pro.

To those whose undies just bunched up over my last statement: There is a science behind low carb/ketogenic diets. I think most people here are intelligent enough to understand the principles behind this diet and make the occasional food choice that is not approved by the almighty corporate IP gods without hurting their weight loss. Ideal Protein is a business and if they taught you to pick your own foods based on what the label says instead of just telling you you should buy their foods then they wouldn't make money selling you their products.

Also just know we all could lose this weight and be in ketosis without ever drinking protein shakes and just eating regular low carb high protein food. But I'm doing the alt of this IP plan because even though protein shakes are boring and so is the repeatable menu plan, meal replacements take the thinking out of the equation. It also takes a lot of cooking and shopping out of the equations and my protein shakes are a alot cheaper than all of the high protein foods out there. (Even organic cage free eggs in my area are $$$ 5.00/dozen.) Also I still cook vegan for hubby and with this plan I only have to make two different dinners and save left overs.

My point here is that one reason people gain weight back after these diets is that the company encourages the idea that you need their products to do the phase 1. Also they don't teach you all about labels, and low carb diets in any way other than in reference to their diet. We are all smart women and we can think for ourselves without destroying our weight loss success.

And here is the disclaimer: I'm doing organic alternatives. I'M A ROUGE! Bwah hahahahahahah. (There is my evil cackle.)

Have a great day. Hope this helps.
    LIKE!
  • Quote: I'm on day 4 of P3 and I'm already wishing it never would end. I really feel like I could eat like this for the long term. Late morning used to always be a hungry period for me, but I'm finding I stay full now until lunchtime, and even then I'm not ravenously hungry! I'm still doing my snack in the mid-afternoon since I don't stay up that late at night, and that seems to be working. I'm also glad to be eliminating soy from my diet after everything I've been reading lately, and it feels good to be getting back to a more balanced diet.

Hang in there everyone. If I can do it, you can, too! And the rewards are so worth it. *You* are worth it.
    I too could eat like this forever....I too used to get quite hungry mid morning but now the breakfast holds me through well past lunch time. I too am eating my snack in the afternoon as I'm not hungry in the evening. So I just had my WI and down a couple from last week. The clinic I go to asked me if they could use my before and after pictures but I'm not sure if I want to do that. My after picture is great but after seeing my before picture.....not sure I want to do it lol. They said I would get $100 in IP products if I let them. We'll see.

• Donna: You are so close, keep up the awesome work!
    Mother of the Groom: Hang in there and yes lots of water dear.
    All you Phase 3 ladies: I am so envious of you right about now, Congratulations and my wishes of continued good luck! (question though, has any of you seen info on doing phase 3 gluten free?)

Good morning everyone!

I peeked out side my window and it snowed again overnight, I don't know about anyone else but my 'winter' seems to be dragging through my spring.

Other than that it seems like a good day, headache from the last few days is gone and just thinking about my day and how late I work. Figuring I should have dinner before going to work and then my snack at work and lunch when I get home. mmm well dinner first anyway, I know I won't feel like cooking that late.

Everyone have a great OP day!
  • Quote: Is there a way to find blogs specifically related to IP? I love Unlimited Lettuce and another blog on alternative product (sorry but I can't remember the name...but it is so helpful). Thank you all for your help!
    Thank you so much! www.UnlimitedLettuce.com is such a good outlet for me on my journey. I can't tell you how much it means to get feedback that people find it helpful.

I think the other blog you mentioned is www.lamberjules.com -- it's great.
  • Quote:

Good morning everyone!

I peeked out side my window and it snowed again overnight, I don't know about anyone else but my 'winter' seems to be dragging through my spring.

Other than that it seems like a good day, headache from the last few days is gone and just thinking about my day and how late I work. Figuring I should have dinner before going to work and then my snack at work and lunch when I get home. mmm well dinner first anyway, I know I won't feel like cooking that late.

Everyone have a great OP day!
    [/B]
    MntRose, we still have lots of snow in Fairbanks, Alaska. This morning was -20 below F so I know what you mean about winter dragging through my spring. Have a great OP day.
  • How do I do my signature and get that nifty ticker?
    Anyone out there help me figure out how to do my signature below with a nifty ticker? Thanks!
  • Quote: Anyone out there help me figure out how to do my signature below with a nifty ticker? Thanks!
    Go to User CP on the menu bar, first one on the left'

Click on Edit Signature

Follow the instructions on how to add a weight tracker.
  • Week 5 weigh -1.6

Since my week was full of stress and being at a weekend event of food and liquor. I am very very very happy.

Was suppose to do phase 2 last week but only did it for two days and then stayed on phase 1 the rest of the week. Time to let go of the phase 1 crutch and move on to phase 2 full time.

Thanks everyone - without your support this journey would be very difficult.

Alice
  • Officially out of the 190s AND the 180s!!!!!!!! WhoooooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm frustrated because I'm halfway through my second week OP and haven't lost a thing this week. Actually gained 0.4. I lost 5lbs the first week. I have never cheated. I drink way more water than needed due to always being thirsty. I due have ketones in my urine ( I checked). Can some people not even have the restricted items? I know just one a day. Sometimes I have been forgetting my last ideal protein supplement cause I'm just not hungry. Help! I have 3 birthday celebrations this coming up this week and feel it's not fair cause I'm not cheating but I am not losing.
  • Holy Cow,

I can't get on here practically at all lately, I'm soo busy. I'm not even sure when my last WI was, but I'm still going down so that's the important part!

Have a great OP day everyone!
  • How does it look?
    I wanted to see how my signature ticker looked.
  • Quote: Officially out of the 190s AND the 180s!!!!!!!! WhoooooHooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats

Quote: I'm frustrated because I'm halfway through my second week OP and haven't lost a thing this week. Actually gained 0.4. I lost 5lbs the first week. I have never cheated. I drink way more water than needed due to always being thirsty. I due have ketones in my urine ( I checked). Can some people not even have the restricted items? I know just one a day. Sometimes I have been forgetting my last ideal protein supplement cause I'm just not hungry. Help! I have 3 birthday celebrations this coming up this week and feel it's not fair cause I'm not cheating but I am not losing.
    Don't weigh yourself daily if it stresses you out. There are many factors (bloating, constipation, etc) that can cause the scale not to budge. Just be patient and wait for your WI day, or learn to accept that the scale will go up and down when it feels like it.
  • Quote: I wanted to see how my signature ticker looked.
    Your sig looks good!
  • Day 2 for me. Day 1 was good until after dinner when I was STARVING!!! But I pushed through it! Feeling great today!