Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/191/145

Height: 5'5''

Default Really need support and encouragement. Have wasted a lot of time.

Greetings...I need the support of others who have been in my place an came back to succeed. I started the IP plan on February 18th. I am 100% faithful during waking hours, but get up and eat at night. Recently I have started to throw away ANYTHING that I get up and eat at night the next day. Every day is better, and I had my most faithful week ever last week. However, I look on these posts and feel like a failure!!! All of you report so much weight loss and I have not even lost an entire 10 pounds yet. I either lose or stay the same, but you alll know that the cost of this plan is high and I feel SO GUILTY about not being more successful. I have given myself until July 15 to reach my goal...which means I need to lose another 42 pounds. Should I just quit now and not invest the money or should I keep on it? I am already so dissapointed that I will start summmer without having reached my goal. I had such a solid plan. Any advice or encouragement would be MOST appreciated.
teresac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresac View Post
Greetings...I need the support of others who have been in my place an came back to succeed. I started the IP plan on February 18th. I am 100% faithful during waking hours, but get up and eat at night. Recently I have started to throw away ANYTHING that I get up and eat at night the next day. Every day is better, and I had my most faithful week ever last week. However, I look on these posts and feel like a failure!!! All of you report so much weight loss and I have not even lost an entire 10 pounds yet. I either lose or stay the same, but you alll know that the cost of this plan is high and I feel SO GUILTY about not being more successful. I have given myself until July 15 to reach my goal...which means I need to lose another 42 pounds. Should I just quit now and not invest the money or should I keep on it? I am already so dissappointed that I will start summer without having reached my goal. I had such a solid plan. Any advice or encouragement would be MOST appreciated.
First of all, I wouldn't put a time frame on the weight loss. I'd put my efforts into staying on the plan. It sounds like you're doing that. You can't control the scale or those outcomes but you can control what goes into your mouth.

There is nothing you can do about where you are NOW. You can't control where you will be (exactly) by July 15. You CAN move forward.
I spent 8 months making excuses why I couldn't do IP. Had I just gotten on the program & not been so stubborn, I'd be maintaining my goal now. I can dwell on that or I can work the program. I choose to move forward and not look back (I just share the past experience in case it helps others)

Have you discussed your nite eating/sleep walking with your doctor?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/269/145

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Greetings...I need the support of others who have been in my place an came back to succeed. I started the IP plan on February 18th. I am 100% faithful during waking hours, but get up and eat at night. Recently I have started to throw away ANYTHING that I get up and eat at night the next day. Every day is better, and I had my most faithful week ever last week. However, I look on these posts and feel like a failure!!! All of you report so much weight loss and I have not even lost an entire 10 pounds yet. I either lose or stay the same, but you alll know that the cost of this plan is high and I feel SO GUILTY about not being more successful. I have given myself until July 15 to reach my goal...which means I need to lose another 42 pounds. Should I just quit now and not invest the money or should I keep on it? I am already so dissapointed that I will start summmer without having reached my goal. I had such a solid plan. Any advice or encouragement would be MOST appreciated.
OMG you are me on every diet planI I did this diet because I too am a night snacker. I eat a second dinner a lot when everyone is in bed snoozing and I have a quiet moment to catch up on reading or a fav show.

I have to ask. Are you in ketosis? I checked with the sticks you can get from the pharmacy. The ketosis has kept me from eating at night because it curbs my hunger, which I why I think I am doing so well thus far.

Talk to your coach. Are you actually hungry at night or like me are you sort kinda hungry and just emotionally eating in front of a book or the TV? If you are emotionally snacking at night I have seen some threads addressing just emotional eating. If it is hunger talk to your coach or search the threads a little more before you quit.

Don't set definite dates for huge goals. Someone told me take it meal to meal.
Or in our case night to night.

Last edited by charliebear99; 04-10-2013 at 12:56 PM.
charliebear99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #4  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Don't give up on you. You're very aware of what makes you tick. That's more than half the battle.

I would suggest having hot tea or decaf coffee, as both are filling. Also, (I know I mention it alot, but) Powerade Zero is something sweet. I measure mine and drink no more than a cup. Try these prior to a "snack (second meal)." Then see if you still want your late-night snack. DH and I also keep dill pickles around all the time. They are an easy go-to snack without any guilt.

I hope my information is helpful and I wish you all the luck in the world.
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #5  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I remember you. Your issue is more sleep-eating rather than conscious snacking, right? ((hugs)) I have thought about you a lot, because I keep having these dreams of having mindlessly cheated, but I am always relieved to wake up and find it was just a dream. Then I think about people with this problem and how disheartening it must be. I don't happen to have this particular problem, so I don't have any practical advice, but I can give you a peptalk.

I sometimes, too, compare myself to others around here and get frustrated. But you have to run your own race. Try not to envy anyone else's body . . . you never know the whole story and, chances are, you really would not trade with them. I used to do this all the time. Every Sunday in church, I would notice a particular woman who was tall and blonde and slim, and I always thought she looked so good in clothes. Know what I mean? How some people's frames just hold clothes well? Well, anyway, I used to really envy her and, in turn, pity myself for not having that body. Well, that body got very, very sick with a rare brain disease and she died in months. That taught me a valuable lesson -- my body may be overweight and may have some hormonal issues that have made it very difficult for me in the past, but it is still alive and healthy and doing all it can for me. You never know what is going on with anyone else. When I think that I was envying a body that was about to fail . . . Focus on yourself and your body; that's all that really matters anyway.

As Lisa said, you need to shake this time frame stuff. That is almost a guarantee to make you feel defeated. Every body is different and the truth is, IP is very new to most of us, we have no idea how our bodies will react and at what pace we will lose. If I were you, I'd erase that end date and just start working toward a weekly loss.

I understand about the cost. I am doing this all myself, because I just could not justify the cost at this time. We had a tremendous financial burden to overcome a couple of years ago due to a family tragedy, and I needed some personal therapy to get through it, too . . .I could not justify yet another expenditure on myself, so I am doing it myself. Now that you know the plan, could you go it alone?

If you don't want to do that, then remember how important you are to your family and those who love you. Your health and happiness are more than worth it to them, I'm sure.

Hang in there -- and I'm glad you came forward with your feelings. That is a very positive thing.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #6  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Take it moment by moment,hour by hour and day by day,then the days turns to weeks ...weeks to months.

Try not to compare yourself to others....we fail to see the progress that we are truly having....and just want to give up.

I believe in strongly that once you have jumped in the pool you got to kick it till you reach the wall.

I never imagined I would still be at this....but I am ...you have to use whatever you can to keep your head in the game.

I refuse to let a diet get the better of me !! Sometimes we have to tough it out and keep pushing even when we think we can't.....
This is a diet ....the hardest part you already did ....you started....now you just have to stay focused and push it out!
Follow the diet ....it will work !
This diet is restrictive .....but that has been a Major Plus for me!

I have had the time to get myself in a frame of mind that knows I will always have to monitor and make better dietary choices to maintain my weight.

I have done the work internally to be successful.
This is the best gift you will ever give yourself, Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
First of all, I wouldn't put a time frame on the weight loss. I'd put my efforts into staying on the plan. It sounds like you're doing that. You can't control the scale or those outcomes but you can control what goes into your mouth.

There is nothing you can do about where you are NOW. You can't control where you will be (exactly) by July 15. You CAN move forward.
I spent 8 months making excuses why I couldn't do IP. Had I just gotten on the program & not been so stubborn, I'd be maintaining my goal now. I can dwell on that or I can work the program. I choose to move forward and not look back (I just share the past experience in case it helps others)

Have you discussed your nite eating/sleep walking with your doctor?
I have discussed it and I get that blank look like, "ahhhhhhh...." I have dogs tha wake me up at night to be let outside, and that is when I eat. Like I said...It improves everyday. I will be suprized if I find anything tonight ! I have eaten sugar by the spoonful...just disgusting. Something that I would NEVER EVER do on or off a diet during waking hours.

I appreciate you sharing your wisdom and encouragement..that is exactly what I needed!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliebear99 View Post
OMG you are me on every diet planI I did this diet because I too am a night snacker. I eat a second dinner a lot when everyone is in bed snoozing and I have a quiet moment to catch up on reading or a fav show.

I have to ask. Are you in ketosis? I checked with the sticks you can get from the pharmacy. The ketosis has kept me from eating at night because it curbs my hunger, which I why I think I am doing so well thus far.

Talk to your coach. Are you actually hungry at night or like me are you sort kinda hungry and just emotionally eating in front of a book or the TV? If you are emotionally snacking at night I have seen some threads addressing just emotional eating. If it is hunger talk to your coach or search the threads a little more before you quit.

Don't set definite dates for huge goals. Someone told me take it meal to meal.
Or in our case night to night.
LOL...I am glad to know I am not the only one out there! My family has teased me for years calling me "the late night cookie monster"..I take it in good humor but the truth is it has really changed my life in a negative way. I do not eat anymore while watching TV and at night...I WAKE UP and eat! Last week I actually ate butter...plain frozen butter. Oh believe me when I say...the list of banned substances from my house keeps growing! It is NEVER about hunger. It is like I am in a hypnotic state where I am only partially aware of what I am doing. I kicked the evening eating when I started this diet. I am not hungry...ever. I like the food choices and am so on plan all day!! That is what is sooo frustrating. I have only read two responses so far and they are exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks for taking your time and sharing soem encouraging words...I needed them so badly! I will stay with it and make other sacrifices to afford it as long as I need too!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #9  

Quote:
LOL...I am glad to know I am not the only one out there! My family has teased me for years calling me "the late night cookie monster"..I take it in good humor but the truth is it has really changed my life in a negative way. I do not eat anymore while watching TV and at night...I WAKE UP and eat! Last week I actually ate butter...plain frozen butter. Oh believe me when I say...the list of banned substances from my house keeps growing! It is NEVER about hunger. It is like I am in a hypnotic state where I am only partially aware of what I am doing. I kicked the evening eating when I started this diet. I am not hungry...ever. I like the food choices and am so on plan all day!! That is what is sooo frustrating. I have only read two responses so far and they are exactly what I needed to hear! Thanks for taking your time and sharing soem encouraging words...I needed them so badly! I will stay with it and make other sacrifices to afford it as long as I need too!
Oh...as for Ketosis...I have no idea.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I remember you. Your issue is more sleep-eating rather than conscious snacking, right? ((hugs)) I have thought about you a lot, because I keep having these dreams of having mindlessly cheated, but I am always relieved to wake up and find it was just a dream. Then I think about people with this problem and how disheartening it must be. I don't happen to have this particular problem, so I don't have any practical advice, but I can give you a peptalk.

I sometimes, too, compare myself to others around here and get frustrated. But you have to run your own race. Try not to envy anyone else's body . . . you never know the whole story and, chances are, you really would not trade with them. I used to do this all the time. Every Sunday in church, I would notice a particular woman who was tall and blonde and slim, and I always thought she looked so good in clothes. Know what I mean? How some people's frames just hold clothes well? Well, anyway, I used to really envy her and, in turn, pity myself for not having that body. Well, that body got very, very sick with a rare brain disease and she died in months. That taught me a valuable lesson -- my body may be overweight and may have some hormonal issues that have made it very difficult for me in the past, but it is still alive and healthy and doing all it can for me. You never know what is going on with anyone else. When I think that I was envying a body that was about to fail . . . Focus on yourself and your body; that's all that really matters anyway.

As Lisa said, you need to shake this time frame stuff. That is almost a guarantee to make you feel defeated. Every body is different and the truth is, IP is very new to most of us, we have no idea how our bodies will react and at what pace we will lose. If I were you, I'd erase that end date and just start working toward a weekly loss.

I understand about the cost. I am doing this all myself, because I just could not justify the cost at this time. We had a tremendous financial burden to overcome a couple of years ago due to a family tragedy, and I needed some personal therapy to get through it, too . . .I could not justify yet another expenditure on myself, so I am doing it myself. Now that you know the plan, could you go it alone?

If you don't want to do that, then remember how important you are to your family and those who love you. Your health and happiness are more than worth it to them, I'm sure.

Hang in there -- and I'm glad you came forward with your feelings. That is a very positive thing.
Thank you so much! You are right...I am the one that wakes up at night and eats! It is getting better...only because I have started tossing everything I fingd to eat at night in the garbage!! I do think that is going to change the oucome for me more than anything else. Bless your kind words...I will erase that time frame and work day to day...good plan!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYa1 View Post
Don't give up on you. You're very aware of what makes you tick. That's more than half the battle.

I would suggest having hot tea or decaf coffee, as both are filling. Also, (I know I mention it alot, but) Powerade Zero is something sweet. I measure mine and drink no more than a cup. Try these prior to a "snack (second meal)." Then see if you still want your late-night snack. DH and I also keep dill pickles around all the time. They are an easy go-to snack without any guilt.

I hope my information is helpful and I wish you all the luck in the world.
Thank you for the tip! I need those pearls of wisdom!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
Take it moment by moment,hour by hour and day by day,then the days turns to weeks ...weeks to months.

Try not to compare yourself to others....we fail to see the progress that we are truly having....and just want to give up.

I believe in strongly that once you have jumped in the pool you got to kick it till you reach the wall.

I never imagined I would still be at this....but I am ...you have to use whatever you can to keep your head in the game.

I refuse to let a diet get the better of me !! Sometimes we have to tough it out and keep pushing even when we think we can't.....
This is a diet ....the hardest part you already did ....you started....now you just have to stay focused and push it out!
Follow the diet ....it will work !
This diet is restrictive .....but that has been a Major Plus for me!

I have had the time to get myself in a frame of mind that knows I will always have to monitor and make better dietary choices to maintain my weight.

I have done the work internally to be successful.
This is the best gift you will ever give yourself, Roo2
Wonderful perspective...I am writing some of your lines down to post on my fridge! You are so right about keeping my head in the game.. Today I was really struggling and I am so glad I took a chance and posted my fears. I have a new excitement about my journey!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #13  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Thank you for the tip! I need those pearls of wisdom!
You're welcome. I didn't realize you were waking and eating. I was thinking bedtime snacking. I guess you can keep dill pickles around (if you like them). When there's nothing else...since you're trashing things...you'll be left with a pickle.

I still wish you lots of luck. You're on the right track!
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I would try to address what makes you get up: the dogs. There is no need for dogs to go outside during the night. Can you retrain them or have somebody else take care of them?
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #15  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Honey, it's done now. Let go and let god (or whatever deity you believe in if you believe in one). Focus on what's ahead.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote