Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
How long have you been stalled?
Is it just a scale stall or a measurement stall as well?
A true plateau would be 4-6 weeks of zero measurable change (scale or tape measure).
It is my understanding that stevia is on of the 0/0/0 additions which still has trace carbs so people try to limit to 4-6 servings per day.
If you're using Truvia, it has maltodextrin, which is a more blatant carb.
I do not use Truvia at all after the reading I've done.

You're getting much closer to goal. That'll slow weight loss in many people as well.

Good luck!
Thanks for the Truvia info, I gave it up about 2 weeks ago and bam,
lost 3lbs last week. And started phase 3 today!

Was alittle scary eating breakfast this morning but I made a plan,
guess thats the biggest part of any healthy eating system,
BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING!! and stay OP!

Hope everyone has an awesome day! Keep up the great work, you deserve it!!

D
Old 04-10-2013, 10:20 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

WI today, not tomorrow. I was so nervous. My coach wasn't there and I was hoping she was. Went to Green Day last night.

Anyway, 8lbs gone, 7inches. HA HA I kept wondering why I wasn't losing as many inches as others, I forget to count two arms and legs. Oops.

There were all AMAZED I lost weight on vacation. Apparently, one of the 1st they've seen??

SO SO SO close to wonderland. Should of had some Smooth Move last night.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #18  
Started IP: 4/10/13

S/C/G: 219/209/150

Height: 5'7

Today is Day 1 for me!! Had a shake for bfast and been drinking water since then. No hunger (yet!) lol.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Just curious how my fellow week 2'ers are doing....how was weigh in first week. I lost just about 11 lbs week one which is GREAT...I would be lying though if I failed to mention that my lack of loss over the last two days is not discouraging. I am staying OP and positive though....I know it will come off eventually, I just like seeing the scale move every time I step on it and when it doesn't I get sad. I know most would say to stay the heck off it and only weigh once a week but it is such a habit and keeps me in check. I made it through my first weekend, even went on a day trip with girlfriends and had my first restaurant meal and STILL stayed OP. So ladies...how are you feeling in week two????
Old 04-10-2013, 12:26 PM   #20  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

WI Wed and the Whoosh fairy came to visit me!! I lost 5.8 this week and I needed that. So excited because I am in Onederland!!! Yay!!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
WI Wed and the Whoosh fairy came to visit me!! I lost 5.8 this week and I needed that. So excited because I am in Onederland!!! Yay!!
Congrats!! If you could please send her over the boarder to VT, I'd appreciate it! Hoping to join the onederland club soon
Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #22  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Reason - DW reports that my snoring is significantly reduced
My DH and I have been on this protocol for three weeks. His snoring has reduced significantly, as well.

You've made amazing progress. In the words of Dory from the movie, Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming."

Last edited by GetYa1; 04-10-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #23  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi All. Firstly, I want to share how much the knowledge and support I have received from this forum during my IP journey has helped me. I know I don’t post a lot, but I do visit daily. When I do share an experience or ask a question, I know that all who respond are doing so because they want to provide their support and encouragement; and when I respond to posts from others, I am trying to do the same thing.

Although the IP forum is generally a very positive environment, I have noticed in the last week or so that there have been some very negatively toned posts directed at particular individuals. These posts have been harassing, accusatory, and rude in nature. A short while ago I came across a post that I felt was a personal attack against a very well respected member of this forum. I have reported that post and the user to the moderators.

In this forum we communicate solely via electronic medium. Although word choice, punctuation, and emoticons help, the tone of an electronic message is frequently misconstrued by the reader. If you read something and don’t understand the tone or find it offensive, take a moment to really think about what the author was trying to say. Ask yourself if you could be reading more into it than there should be. Walk away and then come back and read it again and see if your interpretation is different. If you’re still confused or offended, don’t respond with an attacking message…..instead, assume you misunderstood and ask for clarification. You can do this be either replying publically in the thread, or by sending the poster a private message (just click on their user name). If it turns out that a poster is truly acting inappropriately, know that you can always report inappropriate posts to the moderators.

We all have our own personal issues and demons, but we are all here for a common reason. We want to lose weight and live healthier and happier lives. We are here to both give and receive support and encouragement. New users join this forum every day. Let’s be welcoming and set the right tone for them.

Tracy
Old 04-10-2013, 12:53 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
Today is Day 1 for me!! Had a shake for bfast and been drinking water since then. No hunger (yet!) lol.
You are going to be so excited to see how fast this plan works!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #25  

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #26  

Quote:

and good luck on your journey.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPRound2 View Post
Yesterday, had some discouraging news about a surgery that I don't want to have but need - had a mini meltdown but thankfully only took it out on 2 restricted products and not the bags of left over Easter candy. Today WILL be better. Feels better already by writing this down!
I am sorry to hear about the bad news, but good for you staying OP. Yesterday while tearing up pieces of a granola bar for my 14 month old I popped a piece into my mouth and started to chew. Realizing what I had done, I ran to the trash can and spit it out. My little guy thought that was so funny and he laughed. Unfortunately he thought he could do the same thing as mommy. Oh well, we just keep on going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Gotta say, I am over the non-visible moon this morning!!!

Down another 4!!! That's 2 weeks in a row!! I had braced myself for a very small loss this week since last week was so big . . . I am just thrilled!!!
WOW! That is awesome. Keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Morning all, been busy the last little while with work and what not so haven't been posting but have been surfing here. Jumped on the scale against my better judgement I might add as my home WI is actually tomorrow, and seeing how it's week two of my losing cycle - meaning I seem to only register weight loss every second week - I was expecting the numbers to be down. Well nope, zip, zero, zilch, nada.

Hmmm. Thus starts the inner dialogue/conflict between reason and emotion.

Reason - You've lost 55 pound in 8 weeks - that's pretty darn good
Reason - You've gone down several pants and shirt sizes
Reason - You are averaging close to 7 pounds per week in losses
Reason - People have mentioned numerous times about your weight loss
Reason - You have not strayed off the diet once in 8 weeks
Reason - DW reports that my snoring is significantly reduced
Reason - After losing this much weight your body needs time to readjust
Reason - My weight loss while significant at first has to slow down
Reason - Two weeks without a loss is not a plateau never to be recovered
from - get a grip
Reason - You didn't get this size overnight you won't lose it overnight

Emotion - GOOD LORD THE SCALE HASN'T MOVED - ALL IS LOST
Emotion - That's it IP has stopped working I'm done
Emotion - All that sacrifice for nothing - shaking fist at the heavens
Emotion - I've hit the dreaded plateau it'll be weeks before I lose more
Emotion - I've gotta start exercising like a fool to get any change
Emotion - This is going to take forever - months, years, decades
Emotion - @$%@$&!#, !)"@$%$%, @#$@"$*

So that's the ongoing dialogue today. I'm confident reason will win out and I'll see what tomorrow brings. I'm sure of several things however - the scale will register either a loss or no change - the sun will rise and set - DW loves me and will support me no matter what - and life goes on.

Have a good day all.
This just made me laugh. I vote for reason. Yes, the sun will rise and set and how awesome that you have a DW that loves and supports you no matter what. Good Luck to you Spiritman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
I got on the scale this a.m. and saw a number I haven't seen since 1999: 192.5. I almost fainted. I took a shower and weighed again to be sure. LOL
Great Job! No fainting in the bathroom, bad for your head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
WI today, not tomorrow. I was so nervous. My coach wasn't there and I was hoping she was. Went to Green Day last night.

Anyway, 8lbs gone, 7inches. HA HA I kept wondering why I wasn't losing as many inches as others, I forget to count two arms and legs. Oops.

There were all AMAZED I lost weight on vacation. Apparently, one of the 1st they've seen??

SO SO SO close to wonderland. Should of had some Smooth Move last night.
Great job on losing on vacation! Keep it up and you will be in Onderland soon.

Quote:
You will not believe how fast this will work for you, just stick with it. Most say that day 3-4 are the worst but for me day 6-7 were my worst. My first weigh in showed a 3.6lbs lost and 5.25 inches lost. That is with my TOM starting on day 6. I am so excited for you. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
Just curious how my fellow week 2'ers are doing....how was weigh in first week. I lost just about 11 lbs week one which is GREAT...I would be lying though if I failed to mention that my lack of loss over the last two days is not discouraging. I am staying OP and positive though....I know it will come off eventually, I just like seeing the scale move every time I step on it and when it doesn't I get sad. I know most would say to stay the heck off it and only weigh once a week but it is such a habit and keeps me in check. I made it through my first weekend, even went on a day trip with girlfriends and had my first restaurant meal and STILL stayed OP. So ladies...how are you feeling in week two????
Feeling GREAT! I struggled through day 6-7 with a paper due, a test, a Pampered Chef Party, and husband brining food home that I could not have. I lost 3.6lbs and 5.25 inches my first week. My coach said that was pretty good for my first week especially since I started TOM on day 6. Do not stress about the weight on your home scale. You will probably not see a loss everyday especially with water retention, time of day, what you eat, etc... Just stick with the plan and it will work. Great job at the restaurant! What did your girlfriends say? Any negative comments?

Quote:
YEAH ONDERLAND! Great Job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Hi All. Firstly, I want to share how much the knowledge and support I have received from this forum during my IP journey has helped me. I know I don’t post a lot, but I do visit daily. When I do share an experience or ask a question, I know that all who respond are doing so because they want to provide their support and encouragement; and when I respond to posts from others, I am trying to do the same thing.

Although the IP forum is generally a very positive environment, I have noticed in the last week or so that there have been some very negatively toned posts directed at particular individuals. These posts have been harassing, accusatory, and rude in nature. A short while ago I came across a post that I felt was a personal attack against a very well respected member of this forum. I have reported that post and the user to the moderators.

In this forum we communicate solely via electronic medium. Although word choice, punctuation, and emoticons help, the tone of an electronic message is frequently misconstrued by the reader. If you read something and don’t understand the tone or find it offensive, take a moment to really think about what the author was trying to say. Ask yourself if you could be reading more into it than there should be. Walk away and then come back and read it again and see if your interpretation is different. If you’re still confused or offended, don’t respond with an attacking message…..instead, assume you misunderstood and ask for clarification. You can do this be either replying publically in the thread, or by sending the poster a private message (just click on their user name). If it turns out that a poster is truly acting inappropriately, know that you can always report inappropriate posts to the moderators.

We all have our own personal issues and demons, but we are all here for a common reason. We want to lose weight and live healthier and happier lives. We are here to both give and receive support and encouragement. New users join this forum every day. Let’s be welcoming and set the right tone for them.

Tracy
I completely agrea about how wonderful this site is for information, recipes, ideas, and support. I am sad to hear that there has been some negative posts espescially to the veterans on here who have offered so much help and support. I agree that this site should only be for uplifting each other because we all get enough discouragement and negativity out in the world.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #28  

WI this morning and down another 4.5 lbs for 40 total. Many people now noticing the weight loss and saying something. Sure makes you feel good when that happens.
It has finally warmed up in northern Indiana, the grass in turning green again and the daffodils are blooming. Right now, the thunder is rumbling and it is pouring rain. That's Indiana - if you don't like the weather, wait a few hours and it will change.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #29  
Restarted IP February 19

S/C/G: 216.6/190.7/150

Height: 5'7"

I had my 8 week weigh in last night. Down a total of 22.2 pounds! I have done weight watchers in the past, it took 6 months to lose that amount (which I promptly regained, plus some)

Lisa, I made your jimica salad this week. What a wonderful change! Thanks for posting the recipe.

Linda
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #30  
Started IP: 4/10/13

S/C/G: 219/209/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You are going to be so excited to see how fast this plan works!
Thanks!!! Can't wait to have successful stories to post like you all do!
Closed Thread