Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

safetylady Thoughts and prayers sent your way for you and your sister. ((((hugs)))
Old 04-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. My sister is still doing quite poor from her 2nd stroke. Today they called me at work at 8:30am because she was having trouble breathing and a racing heart. I had to make some very tough decisions today, but made them with my heart. Spent the next 7 hours meeting with doctors and caring for her.

Had just made make shake when the hospital called, so I took it with me. About 1:30 realized that I should eat something, found a chic ala king pkg in my purse, when to cafetiera, bought side of veggie and made my IP pkg to go with it. So my NSV today, was that I made it through a very sad and stressful day without eating junk. The old me would have eaten chips and gummy candy.

Thanks and please say a prayer for my sister.
Definitely praying for you and your sister, this has to be one of the toughest things to go through, I can't even imagine. You a very Strong Person great NSV. Sending prayers and Hugs your way!!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #48  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Safetylady, thoughts and prayers for you and your sister.

Congrats on all the great WIs today.

Spiritman, love your thoughts. I'm pretty sure I've thought all of them at one time or another. Keep your head up and go with reason! The scale will catch up eventually.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Saftetylady

My thoughts and prayers are with you .

Hugs
Old 04-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #50  

Safetylady, my thoughts and prayers are with both you and your sister and congrats on staying on plan.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

I have a quick question.. On Ph1, Do you have to have the night snack if you are still full from dinner?
Old 04-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
I have a quick question.. On Ph1, Do you have to have the night snack if you are still full from dinner?
The protocol calls for 3 packets/day. If evening snack doesn't work, have it at a different time of day.

I've mixed a pudding mix with 2 oz water to make a "fudge". It is a much smaller amount that way. Either that, or have an orange drink or lemonade because they are lighter.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The protocol calls for 3 packets/day. If evening snack doesn't work, have it at a different time of day.

I've mixed a pudding mix with 2 oz water to make a "fudge". It is a much smaller amount that way. Either that, or have an orange drink or lemonade because they are lighter.
Thanks, I was hoping to skip it tonight.. just not hungry. I will go check and see if I have something light..
Old 04-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Hello all. Having an emptionally tough week and I'm finding it difficult to stay focused. Also my loss has slowed. .5 lbs the last w weight ins. I'm thinking its stress related. Boo. Today on my lunch break went to GNC and bought a strawberry cheescake Quest bar. Not something I usually eat so was hoping that mixing it up would make me feel a little better. I've come so far but still have a little ways to go...
I've read the entire quest bar post...restricted or no?
Thanks everyone for always being there!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #55  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Safeteylady,
Your in our prayers!
Take care,

D
Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Typo... .5 lb loss the last 2 WI. I'm still happy its a loss.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
randygrl, no neg comments at all but they are very health conscious ladies...one is 125 lbs and the other is 110, very supportive and it helps when they eat healthy too when we are together.

Forgot to mention too that we stopped into a cute thrift shop that we saw and I found an adorable pair of pants...I tired them on and they were PRETTY snug, I would NEVER wear them right now. Ordinarily, I would come out with a sad face and be upset that they were so cute and I couldn't get them because they didn't fit but not the new me...I bought them and made them into goal pants....I can not wait until they fit!!!!!!
I'm so glad that your friends are supporting you and healthy eaters are definitely a plus. . I was proud of your attitude about the pants that I might just go do the same thing myself. I need some goal pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. My sister is still doing quite poor from her 2nd stroke. Today they called me at work at 8:30am because she was having trouble breathing and a racing heart. I had to make some very tough decisions today, but made them with my heart. Spent the next 7 hours meeting with doctors and caring for her.

Had just made make shake when the hospital called, so I took it with me. About 1:30 realized that I should eat something, found a chic ala king pkg in my purse, when to cafetiera, bought side of veggie and made my IP pkg to go with it. So my NSV today, was that I made it through a very sad and stressful day without eating junk. The old me would have eaten chips and gummy candy.

Thanks and please say a prayer for my sister.
Safetylady, you and your sister are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so proud that you stayed OP! That is a great NSV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Sounds like everyone is doing really well at WI!! I hope it continues! My WI is tomorrow afternoon.

I'm hoping I get to actually see my coach this time. I decided not to email her after last week (fill-in for a second week and not a very good one at all). Instead, I will tell her how I feel face to face (something I NEVER do). I haven't decided completely if this will be my last WI with that clinic or not.

On the one hand I KNOW I can do everything she does (weigh and measure bust, hips, and waist), but on the other I'm still reluctant to give up the lifeline of a "coach". I guess it will depend on what she has to say tomorrow.
I wish you luck. I hope your coach really listens and understands your feelings. No matter what you can do it.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #58  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Hello all. Having an emptionally tough week and I'm finding it difficult to stay focused. Also my loss has slowed. .5 lbs the last w weight ins. I'm thinking its stress related. Boo. Today on my lunch break went to GNC and bought a strawberry cheescake Quest bar. Not something I usually eat so was hoping that mixing it up would make me feel a little better. I've come so far but still have a little ways to go...
I've read the entire quest bar post...restricted or no?
Thanks everyone for always being there!
The cheesecake bar, based on the numbers I'm finding, is unresticted though some will say it's not really a desirable choice because of the sugar alcohols.... I'm still not sure about that part, though.

The bar has
5 gr fat
8 net carbs (2 being sugar and 6 sugar alcohol)
20 gr protein
160 cals

For picking an urestricted item this is what I've been told:
Look for at least 12gr protein
Keep the carbs under 8 gr
The item shouldn't be more than 30% fat (take the fat cals and multiply by 3 to figure this out)
Under 200 cals

Hope this helps!

Last edited by ZOMBIEDAWN; 04-10-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 PM   #59  

My unrestricteds need to be under 160 cal, based on similar IP foods, therefore I call Quest restricted. Lots of unrestricteds are closer to 100 cals
Old 04-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 150/137/115

Height: 5'2

Default Trying something new

Im new here so hopefully i post this right. I just started the IP diet today. It was a struggle I started out good with a shake for breakfast. I was in a meeting all day and was offered chocolate covered strawberries, Oreos, donuts, mini strudels, and many different types of candy.
(Candy was the reward for participating) I did good and resisted though! Then lunch time I had broccoli in the chicken soup. I thought it was gross but choked it down anyways. Them I came down with a really bad headache that ibuprofen didn't do the job for. I was tired, crabby and hungry. I fell asleep and woke up still feeling like crap so I ate a couple of handlefuls of chocolate cereal, then a cracker, then a piece of chocolate! Ugh!!!! I felt better though, not so deprived. But regretted it. I had chicken and green beans with soy sauce for dinner. It was good. I'm going to try again tomorrow not to deviate from the plan. I really want to be successful, I'm getting married in October and my fiance is very health conscious. I joined this forum to help keep me motivated. So here's my questions for today? How much soy sauce is too much? I need flavor. Suggestions for spices or sauces? Salad dressing ideas? What IP foods are your favorite? I really like the chocolate pre made shakes and the bars. Chicken soup not so much.
Closed Thread