Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #1  
I can do it!

S/C/G: 244/222/145

Height: 5'4

Red face I feel like an addict!!

I feel like such an addict! Day 3 I was craving sugar... Anything sweet. Then today day 5 I am craving bread! I find myself praying and asking for strength... It's so sad its an addiction! Thank God I haven't cheated at all! But the sweets and cupcakes lol look me in the eyes.

My coach called me and rescheduled my weigh in a day earlier I know its just a day but that could be 2 pounds more! It's my first week so I know I have some water weight to get ride of!
isaiahsmommy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/146/130

Height: 5'1"

Yes I am a sugar addict too. Try to refocus especially if you are around the sugary foods. Don't cheat, not worth it!!! You can do this, you are stronger then those stupid cravings! Your weigh in will be great, try to keep positive. Good luck!
kellycg102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:40 PM   #3  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

there are lots of sweet IP foods to eat to satisfy sweet cravings. And...you can bake with the packets very easily to create rolls, cookies, pancakes, pita bread, etc. Check out all the IP recipes in 3FC, Pinterest, the internet.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaiahsmommy21 View Post
I feel like such an addict! Day 3 I was craving sugar... Anything sweet. Then today day 5 I am craving bread! I find myself praying and asking for strength... It's so sad its an addiction! Thank God I haven't cheated at all! But the sweets and cupcakes lol look me in the eyes.

My coach called me and rescheduled my weigh in a day earlier I know its just a day but that could be 2 pounds more! It's my first week so I know I have some water weight to get ride of!
Hang in there before you know it you'll be fine and the cravings will
dissapear! By week 2 or so I could care less about cake,bread,etc.
Just stay OP! drink your water!
good luck!!

D
DRegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #5  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

I know it's tough, but you can get through this!
It really will get tons better when you're in ketosis!

I describe it like walking past a plate of cookies (or whatever you love) and the cookies aren't quietly whispering your name, they are screaming your name and pulling you towards them. Whereas, when I'm in ketosis I can walk past the cookies and not even give them a second thought/look.

I would also describe myself as a carb (simple) addict. When I'm off the carbs, I feel like "I eat to live" rather than "I live to eat". That is the big difference that too many carbs in my life has. When I eat carbs, I just want more and more. And that just leads to a vicious cycle that gets repeated over and over. I know somewhere in my brain, the carbs fire off lots of happy neurotransmitters, but destroy my personal life in the process!

So, I totally understand what you're going through! ~Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 04-10-2013 at 02:40 PM.
JenRem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:43 AM   #6  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Try to stay positive, even about the early weigh in. Just think, your 2nd week will show a bigger loss since you'll have that extra day to tack on there! I promise that the cravings decrease. Once they subsided I really began to recognize that I need to learn to cope and retrain my brain about food and its purpose. The time that I haven't been eating I have been able to self reflect and figure myself out, which has been incredibly enlightening and empowering. Keep up the great work and soon this week will just be a memory! You CAN do this and you are worth it.

Last edited by shoediva; 04-10-2013 at 03:44 AM.
shoediva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/195/190

Height: 5'11.5"

Part of the cycle to breaking a habit is frustration. How did I let a (cigarette, muffin or Jerry Springer Show) run my life. The good thing about this frustration is it is one of the last emotions before the release from that habit. You are at the point in your diet where those cravings will very soon decrease rapidly. After 9 weeks I will have the same craving maybe once every 10 days and I have learned to recognize them. My trick is to have a package of the Choco puffs open and I will eat 4 or 5 of them which really kills the craving.
Success is Messy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #8  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

You're not crazy, we've all been there!! Hang in there, it gets better and better and then even better!! I'm am an ice cream addict (in recovery) at first, I needed the puddings to soothe me, now, I'm all good, don't even need that crutch anymore...but at least its there!!
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #9  

While I was doing a strict P1, my desire to eat anything off plan was pretty non-existent. Losing weight is very motivating while you are losing it.

I have never felt like a sugar addict or a carb addict but know that I eat out of boredom or when I am overtired at times.

I work with people who eat whatever and whenever and never gain...are self-proclaimed chocolate addicts...etc...whether it's genetics or a high metabolism or gender, it just is how it seems to be for some people.

I feel as an adult I have always had to be aware of what I am eating and if I am exercising.

IP has taught me a way to think about food in a whole new way.

Maintaining my 25 pound weight loss is the real challenge...as it would have been with any diet or food plan I had followed to lose that weight.

Biggest difference for me is that IP actually seemed to allow me to get down to a weight I never thought I would see on the scale--now my struggle is to maintain it.
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

You are definitely not alone!

Even after being on IP for 40 weeks I know that if I were to cheat it would spiral out of control quickly. JenRem pretty much could have written her post about me too.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36 AM   #11  

Exactly why maintaining weight loss is such a challenge for many...including myself!!
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 211.5/147.6/150

Height: 5'7"

I love your post - it's so me! Even at 18-weeks in I have cravings. If I've had an especially hard day all I want is a loaf of french bread!! Hang in there, I know it's tough but we CAN do this!
gardenhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I know it's tough, but you can get through this!
It really will get tons better when you're in ketosis!

I describe it like walking past a plate of cookies (or whatever you love) and the cookies aren't quietly whispering your name, they are screaming your name and pulling you towards them. Whereas, when I'm in ketosis I can walk past the cookies and not even give them a second thought/look.

I would also describe myself as a carb (simple) addict. When I'm off the carbs, I feel like "I eat to live" rather than "I live to eat". That is the big difference that too many carbs in my life has. When I eat carbs, I just want more and more. And that just leads to a viscous cycle that gets repeated over and over. I know somewhere in my brain, the carbs fire off lots of happy neurotransmitters, but destroy my personal life in the process!

So, I totally understand what you're going through! ~Jen
I feel the exact same way!!!!! Serious carb addict here!!!!
LizJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #14  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Keep your eyes on the prize ....it does get better as everyone says.

I have all the forbidden foods in the house and do not touch them!!!

When I want something sweet ...I grab something from my IP arsenal!

I will always have to focus on eating correctly!!! This is something I will do for the rest of my life. IP. Gave me a chance to figure out how to do it while losing weight.

Everyone has different reasons why being on IP is / was beneficial ....it gave my body the time to heal...and me to internally flip the switch.

Wishing you the best of luck as you strive for your desired results,Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #15  

I use to be a pop junkie then before starting IP I gave it up for Lent...well Easter has come and gone and I am really not missing it as much as I thought I would. The same with cheese and cereal, in our house we use to go through so much cheese and now I hardly use it for cooking for my family and I don't use when making my meal. The kids and husband have not missed it. Cereal we were always buying and now my husband doesn't eat it as a night snack because he doesn't want me to be tempted. It use to be our go to snack before bed. So even though this diet is so expensive we are definitely saving in other ways...especially on the highly processed goods.
Amy03 is offline   Reply With Quote