New Here!

• Hello, my husband and I have our consult on the 18th with a coach to start IP. I'm scared and excited at the same time. We have 2 friends who are currently on IP and have each lost over 50 pounds. I have struggled with my weight for many years and it's been increasingly difficult to lose now that I have two year old toddlers to chase after.

I'm really glad I found this group, it's given me a lot of useful information so far and I know it will be a great resource throughout the diet!

Lisa
  • Quote: Hello, my husband and I have our consult on the 18th with a coach to start IP. I'm scared and excited at the same time. We have 2 friends who are currently on IP and have each lost over 50 pounds. I have struggled with my weight for many years and it's been increasingly difficult to lose now that I have two year old toddlers to chase after.

I'm really glad I found this group, it's given me a lot of useful information so far and I know it will be a great resource throughout the diet!

Lisa
  • :welcome ::wel come: :wel3f c:
    Welcome I am very happy you found us here!

We are a diverse group...lots of opinions and advice available here.

Wishing you and your husband good luck with starting IP!!!

Stay focused and positive ....and don't allow yourself to sweat the small stuff.

Adhere to the diet ....don't fight it... And you will be successful !!

It is strict and highly structured ...with little or NO wiggle room!!!

This is a doable diet .....the requires a strong resolve on the clients part!

I have achieved Amazing results.....by just following the diet!

Good Luck, And know that anything worth it is not necessarily easy .....but once you get into it and hit your groove it gets easier!

Roo2
  • to your last diet! It really works if you follow the plan.
  • WELCOME to you and your DH!

My husband and I both started IP together last October. He lost about 40-45 lbs and is now in P4 maintenace. I'm still in P1, losing phase. There are about 5-10 other couples that I know of that are also doing IP together here on the 3FC site. There are some nice things about doing it as a team! There is a Mens Thread, so you might suggest your DH check it out!
    How nice that you have two friends who are on IP. That will be so helpful when you have those initial questions. Everyone here on this site is more than willing to help out, also. If you have questions (esp something you need a quick response to) the best place to ask is on the Daily Chat Thread - this gets the most readers often throughout the day.
    Good Luck to you both! I don't think you'll regret your decision, if anything you'll probably kick yourself for not starting earlier, lol!
  • Thanks everyone! I am excited to get started though a little overwhelmed at how much info is needed for this diet. The last diet we did I lost 35 pounds and he lost close to 50. That was before the girls were born of course! I have been browsing over the forums for a few days and taking note.

On P1 are you allowed to use the WF dressings and marinades? Which ones taste good? I have been cleaning out my kitchen of things we won't be able to eat and I'm trying to stock up on things we can have so we'll have them when the time comes
  • Quote: Thanks everyone! I am excited to get started though a little overwhelmed at how much info is needed for this diet. The last diet we did I lost 35 pounds and he lost close to 50. That was before the girls were born of course! I have been browsing over the forums for a few days and taking note.

On P1 are you allowed to use the WF dressings and marinades? Which ones taste good? I have been cleaning out my kitchen of things we won't be able to eat and I'm trying to stock up on things we can have so we'll have them when the time comes
    to you and your DH!
    Yes, you can use the WF dressings and marinades. I personally did not care for the Ranch, but the Thousand Island almost taste like Thousand Island. You will need it for the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe. Some of the others like the Honey Mustard and Raspberry Vin. are really good for marinades. The WF Pancake syrup is great for the pancakes. I have not tried the Chocolate or Strawberry syrup yet, but some have said they use it for some of their drinks blended with ice to make a bigger portion and make it like a treat. Good Luck to you both! Please let us know if you have any questions and keep us posted on your progress.
  • Perfect, thanks! I sure will.
  • And to your new lifestyle. This is not a diet but an exciting way of life. You're going to love the support!
  • Quote: Thanks everyone! I am excited to get started though a little overwhelmed at how much info is needed for this diet. The last diet we did I lost 35 pounds and he lost close to 50. That was before the girls were born of course! I have been browsing over the forums for a few days and taking note.

Welcome - Think of this as a journey instead of a diet. If you work this program right you will have guidance to change you eating habits forever. The four phases really guide you onto the right path. If you also have a good coach, you will have the tools you need.

I am just finishing my 5th week and can say that I feel WONDERFUL!! The board is a great place to learn the ropes. Welcome aboard!!
  • Welcome! my husband joined me on IP on about my 3rd week and he has lost about 17lbs , it is wonderful to have someone support you, and help with meal planning and cooking.
  • Happy Day !
  • Thank you everyone! I am excited to get started
  • The best part about this program is there have been very few times that I have felt hungry. I always felt like I was starving on Weight Watchers!
    Have a great weekend! Welcome