My Fitness Pal - Phase I

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I am trying to set up my profile in MFP for Phase I and and could not find the amount of calories, carbs, sugars, protein that we are allowed on Phase I in my packet of information my coach gave me...does anyone know the dailey allowance amounts for these? Thanks for your help.
  • Quote: I am trying to set up my profile in MFP for Phase I and and could not find the amount of calories, carbs, sugars, protein that we are allowed on Phase I in my packet of information my coach gave me...does anyone know the dailey allowance amounts for these? Thanks for your help.
    50% protein
    30% fat
    20% carbs
    I also track fiber so I can watch that I'm not over 40 net carbs.
    I don't track sugar, just carbs.
    These are APPROXIMATES according to my coach and nothing to get too hung up about if they aren't perfect every day.

I plugged in 1000 cals/day max. I RARELY have that many. Usually between 750-900

Hope this is helpful!
    I only found I could make the changes on my computer, not on the mobile app.
  • Thank you, Lisa! I have used MFP before and know it can be a really useful tool in tracking where you are at for the day/week. I appreciate your help!
  • Anyone know the caloric target for Phase 2? I know we are not supposed to really count calories on IP, but, for myfitnesspal purposes, I need to put in something -- I'm tired of seeing that I went over my calories (because I've had it set for P1). Thanx.
  • You can also follow others on there -- I'm on it but don't track as well as Lisa, but I'll make that my goal again starting tomorrow. Sometimes it's great to see what others have been eating etc. for ideas. So many food items are in that data base, including the IP stuff - I just love it (when I use it... sigh...)
  • Quote: Anyone know the caloric target for Phase 2? I know we are not supposed to really count calories on IP, but, for myfitnesspal purposes, I need to put in something -- I'm tired of seeing that I went over my calories (because I've had it set for P1). Thanx.
    Just change the calorie goal. It's kind of irrelevant anyway since you don't need to track calories. Just up it to over what calories you're eating and it won't tell you you are over any more!
  • what is the Daily intake per day for men
    Quote: 50% protein
    30% fat
    20% carbs
    These are APPROXIMATES according to my coach and nothing to get too hung up about if they aren't perfect every day.

I plugged in 1000 cals/day max. I RARELY have that many. Usually between 750-900

Hope this is helpful!
    I only found I could make the changes on my computer, not on the mobile app.
    what is the daily max intake for men please
  • Quote: 50% protein
    30% fat
    20% carbs
    Thanks for this information. I played around with the numbers and could never get it quite right. This worked perfectly!
  • Quote: what is the daily max intake for men please
    The numbers I gave are for the protocol, not for men or women
  • Oh thank goodness for this!!!!!!!! Will this stop MFP from telling me I'm eating to little, cause the is getting old. I already get it from my sister, ugh.
  • Quote: Oh thank goodness for this!!!!!!!! Will this stop MFP from telling me I'm eating to little, cause the is getting old. I already get it from my sister, ugh.
    Nim- from personal almost daily experience- MFP is going to "yell" at you anytime you submit your daily log & it's under 1,000 calories. I honestly ignore the warning and the few days I go over 1,000, am pleasantly pleased with my "weight in 5 weeks" lol
  • Quote: Oh thank goodness for this!!!!!!!! Will this stop MFP from telling me I'm eating to little, cause the is getting old. I already get it from my sister, ugh.
    No MFP did an update a while back, and it's default is to not accept less than 1000 calories per day (I emailed tech support about it to ask them to consider allowing the change for those Of us On supervised plans and the answer was no.) I log my food daily and just don't submit when I'm done.
  • I adjusted mine to 1000, as long as I'm hitting that it doesn't yell at me...so far....

I do love a pie graph though lol.
  • Quote: Nim- from personal almost daily experience- MFP is going to "yell" at you anytime you submit your daily log & it's under 1,000 calories. I honestly ignore the warning and the few days I go over 1,000, am pleasantly pleased with my "weight in 5 weeks" lol
    Sometimes I enter an extra packet or something to my log just to get over 1000 calories so I can see my "weight in 5 five weeks" - then I go back and delete it and get yelled at. Silly, I know, but it's the little things.
  • So is our daily carb goal 50 grams? Day 5 and running around 80 every day. Too much?