Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #31  

Height: 5'7

Welcome, brelo!
Randygrl, Keep strong, those numbers will come! They sometimes don't come the way you want them to, but rest assured, it's happening!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #32  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Okay for all you bigger losers out there in their first week, what did you do? I am only down 3.2 lbs for week one. I have stayed OP all week so I'm not sure what is going on. Any help, tips, or encouragement would be appreciated. Thank you.
randy- Try not be discouraged; some people's body just takes a little more time to adjust and get in to the groove with IP. Also, focus on the positive, you've already lost 3 pounds in less than a week! You will read a lot on here that this is a marathon, not a sprint and weight loss is not linear. Keep your chin up and power through it. Also, are you getting your water in? That was a big challenge of mine, but then when I realized I was essentially peeing fat away, it got easier! Stick with it, it WILL work and you'll reap the rewards. You are worth it and you can do this!
Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Hi Tam 67.. just took a short walk outside.. it was nice. Good luck at Costco on a sat! Your taking your life into your own hands...
Ok.. question all..or someone.. how do you respond to a message.. and have the original message in it? Computer dummy here...lol
Old 04-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #34  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I have a 15 yr old son with Autism who has had a terrible cold for over a week and now has Strep to boot!
...let the countdown to Disney continue....TWELVE days!! Hoping our son will be as good as new by then.
I hope your son feels better soon. I'd try not to cancel your Disney trip unless absolutely necessary. You all will need that time, esp your son since he's been sick. Remember, this too shall pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Last night before meeting up with everyone we had a wonderful meal. I had steamed brocolli and roasted chicken. So when the group got together and they brought out nachos-loaded potatoes skins-chic wings-etc..along with pitchers of all the beers, I was not hungry or tempted.
WTG - you Rocked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Clothing wise, I found that I am down from a 3xlt to 2xlt size for my shirts - the biggest surprise was my pants size - went from a 54-56 down to size 48. I honestly don't remember the last time I wore a pants size below 50.
Awesome! Not fun having to deplete your wallet for new clothes, but so much easier mentally when you know it's because you're getting smaller (not bigger, lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo View Post
I was leaving SAMs Club after buying lots of veggies when a woman I didn't know pulled her cart up to me and said " I just want to tell you, you look great in that sweater dress ". Of course, I had to share my story with a complete stranger and say I had lost 90 lbs and her comment meant a lot to me! Nice inspiration as I finish loosing the last 15!
Wonderful! I always feel the unsolicited compliments are the BEST!
Congrats on your 90 lb loss; that is AMAZING and so inspirational!
Here's to a speedy next 15 lbs gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
I am officially "just overwieght" WOO HOO!!
Yeah! I hope to join you there very soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="navy"]We lost our dog in January and decided no more pets (too hard at the end).
I KNOW how HARD this is. I put down my 15 year old schnauzer last Sept and it broke my heart. I love my dogs and as much as it hurts to lose them I don't think I could LIVE without a dog. They bring so much joy to my daily life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I sort of (haha) was a little last night. I had this dream, it was awful, I was eating the world's largest cheeseburger, just dripping with grease and cheese.
I have 40 days OP with not a single cheat.
Aren't those CRAZY! I've never had one, but many IPer's have shared their bizarre dreams where they eat off plan. At least it was a zero calorie cheat and didn't kick you out of ketosis, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Today I am feeling very weak and dizzy, does anyone else go thru this?
I agree that you might be off on your electrolytes. Try eating a pickle or two and see if that helps. Are you taking all your vitamins/supplements? If those things don't help, you could be coming down with some type of illness - it's always a possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
I started IP about 2 months ago and I have lost 32 pounds so I am very happy, and seeing numbers on the scale that I hadn't seen since 1997!! This diet is easy to follow and I know I will stay with it to the end, and especially with the phenomenal encouragement from this site! I will post my stats later but I just wanted to finally log on and introduce myself. So thank you all again!!
WELCOME!
Thanks for introducing yourself! You are doing amazing!
One of the things I had read that encouraged me to become a poster rather than just a lurker is that what you share might help someone else. What you are going through and your experiences can inspire others.

Quote:
I am only down 3.2 lbs for week one. I have stayed OP all week so I'm not sure what is going on. Any help, tips, or encouragement would be appreciated. Thank you.
I know this must feel like such a let down and a huge bummer. My first WI was not very impressive and I honestly was surprised because I usually lose a lot on the first week of any diet I'd done in the past. Who knows why one person has a great 1st WI and another doesn't when they were both 100% OP. The important thing is that you don't let this derail you! Don't give in to that stupid little voice in the back of your head, saying "screw this - you might as well go have that candy bar now". This is when you need to power through and know that this is just 7 days of many many more to come.
Look at my losses! Remember, this is from someone who also didn't have an impressive 1st week WI loss. What if I'd quit that first week. I'd still be walking around with over 50 more lbs on this body. This plan works - you just have to stick with it, through the easy days and the hard days.
Look at the big picture! You got this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
Holy moley! I am down 25 pounds! AHHHHHHHHHH! I am so excited, I can hardly stand it. This plan does truly work and I feel so much better on it. I can't remember the last time I saw 150 on a scale... what a victory! Now that I have made this much progress I feel unstoppable. I can do this and I believe in myself through and through (for the first time)! Thanks for all your support and knowledge. Sam
Sam, Congrats! Did you need that tissue box???
You are unstoppable! Watch out world, the NEW Sam has arrived!
So happy for you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy to report that I hit 189 on the scale this morning! Soo excited!
When I lose another 7-10 lbs, I will weigh LESS than DH! He knows it's my next mini-goal and he laughs every time I bring it up.
Then, I want to weigh a lot less than him!

Have a wonderful OP weekend, all! ~Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 04-06-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
Good luck at Costco on a sat! Your taking your life into your own hands...
Ok.. question all..or someone.. how do you respond to a message.. and have the original message in it? Computer dummy here...lol
I agree about going to Costco (or Wal-Mart) on a weekend - Dangerous, lol!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the newbies..............

If you want to reply to someone's post and you want their quote to show up in the light colored blue box along with your response, here is how you do it!

To reply to only one person:
At the end of the persons post that you want to reply to, there are three icons on the bottom right. Click on the first icon that says "quote". This will bring you up to a screen where you will see their post and you can then respond and submit (post quick reply).

To reply to multiple persons quotes:
1. Choose the second icon at the bottom right of the first persons post you want to respond to. The icon has a paper in the background with a bold quotation mark and a small + sign.
After you click it, it will turn orange.
2. Continue down the page until you find another post you want to respond to. keep clicking that same icon on each persons post that you want to reply to and again they will all turn orange.
3. When you reach the last post you want to respond to, pick the first icon - the "quote" icon.
4. Now it will take you to a page where you will see all the posts gathered together. You need to navigate through each persons post to apply your response.
So, write your response after the first persons post and
scroll down and write your response to the second persons post.
Keep doing this until you've responded to all the posts that you see and that you wanted to respond to.
Before submitting, there is an option to preview posts.
I always preview posts and make sure it looks good before submitting. If you see a change you want to make before submitting, then go down to the editing box and fix before officially submitting.

** I will sometimes go in to a persons post and shorten it down (by erasing) to the actual point that I want to respond to. This will shorten YOUR whole posting so it's not as long. Plus, it makes it easier for others to follow when reading and understand what you are really wanting to respond to in those others posts.
If you do this, be super careful to not erase the original bracketed areas at the beginning and the end of the persons post that you are responding to! These brackets are what makes the original message show up in the blue box.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful! Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 04-06-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #36  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

JenRem - Thanks so much for explaining how to post multiple responses in a single message.

I always see your posts and how you take the time to directly respond/support so many. It's nice to have someone personally respond to your(my) accomplishment or question. I've been feeling guilty cause I haven't been responding too much, and I feel like this board has helped me so much that I want to pay it forward.

Thanks and WTG on hitting the 180s! You're so close to goal, that must be so exciting!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #37  

brelo: Welcome! I lurked for 4-6 weeks before I joined in but you have a one-up on me! I didn't start IP while I lurked. I just learned. You've been rocking the program!

Quote:
Okay for all you bigger losers out there in their first week, what did you do? I am only down 3.2 lbs for week one. I have stayed OP all week so I'm not sure what is going on. Any help, tips, or encouragement would be appreciated. Thank you.
Uh oh! The dreaded 4-letter-word..."only"
We celebrate EVERY loss here! Yes, it is true that many people rock big losses the first week, but not everyone does. You got some great advice about patience. The only tip/trick: stick with the program. Make sure you're drinking all your water, measuring your food RAW, and adding your oil to your food (not just cooking with it). Make sure you're only having one restricted per day. It'll come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Happy to report that I hit 189 on the scale this morning! Soo excited!
When I lose another 7-10 lbs, I will weigh LESS than DH!
Then, I want to weigh a lot less than him!
Congrats on the new SV! DH and I are about neck-and-neck right now. He wants to lose about 10, I want to lose 30 more so my eventual goal is quite a bit less. But I understand wanting to be less. I was for about ONE DAY but then DH decided to drop a few lbs

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-06-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #38  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
I am officially "just overwieght" WOO HOO!!
Congratulations! I can't wait to be 'overweight', haha! My first mini-goal is to move from 'morbidly obese' to just 'obese'. Hopefully this month!

Quote:
I know it is so disheartening, especially when you come onto 3FC and see everyone posting their weight losses. I had a big loss in the first week, but then nothing for two weeks. I couldn't even say I plateaued because I had only one week of success (at that point). At the end of week 3 (and since), my body got in the groove and I really felt like it has been burning calories up a storm. I could feel the difference. I have PCOS and my Dr suggested that maybe I had excess insulin that needed to be used up before my fat-burning really took off. I've also noticed that my TOM is really different while on IP, and that it can completely skew all my numbers for an extended period of time.

Keep with it! Make sure to track your measurements -- sometimes it helps to know you've lost a half-inch even when the scale shows 0. The most important thing, but probably most difficult, is to stop comparing your losses with everyone else's. I love this site but I ended up having to take a break because I found it depressing that others were losing and I wasn't. Every (physical) body responds differently, but have confidence that the program will work for you and your body, in its own way.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 04-06-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl05 View Post
JenRem - Thanks so much for explaining how to post multiple responses in a single message.
WTG on hitting the 180s! You're so close to goal, that must be so exciting!
You are welcome! I know it's confusing; it took me a while to figure it out. I'm like snickers70 - computers are not my thing. I tolerate them only!
Thanks (about hitting the 180's). I will eventually change my goal weight to a lower number. Back in October when I started, I kind of just picked that number for fun - it's about what I weighed when I got married (160-165) almost 20 years ago and a part of me really didn't BELIEVE I'd arrive at that weight anyways. Now I know better! I just decided I won't change the goal number until I reach 168. Then it will be a matter of losing until I get to a place where I'm happy with what I look like and how I feel! It's fun to think about!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Good day all Ipeeps !
Today I am feeling very weak and dizzy, does anyone else go thru this? Normally I feel great on the program.I have been on it for approx 7 weeks . I have lost 21 lbs which is great .
I have felt this way a couple times since IP. For me, it was because I'd forgotten to take my morning vitamins on a lazy Saturday morning. I'd enjoyed my morning cup of coffee and 3FC and forgotten to take my vitamins with me in the computer room. By the time I'd realized I'd forgotten them it was noon and I was feeling!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Thanks (about hitting the 180's). I will eventually change my goal weight to a lower number. Back in October when I started, I kind of just picked that number for fun - it's about what I weighed when I got married (160-165) almost 20 years ago and a part of me really didn't BELIEVE I'd arrive at that weight anyways. Now I know better! I just decided I won't change the goal number until I reach 168. Then it will be a matter of losing until I get to a place where I'm happy with what I look like and how I feel! It's fun to think about!
One of my friends often jokes that we're so self-critical, we'll probably only be happy with our birth weight! LOL
Old 04-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #42  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Default Question about eggs.

I like the IP plain omelet to make egg fu yung and such. I don't eat it straight.
It is 110 cal, 18g protein, 3 carbs.

For those on alternatives... What is the significance of eating the protein packaged food in this case if I used 1 cup egg whites to make my egg fu yung that comes out to 117 cal, 26g protein, 2 carbs?

The ingredients in the IP food is dried egg whites, spices, salt, yeast and thickeners.

I'm all about saving money and have gone almost completely alternatives, and I'm having a hard time justifying my IP omelet habit...and I finally read the package and cannot see why plain ol' egg whites wouldn't be, actually, healthier.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I like the IP plain omelet to make egg fu yung and such. I don't eat it straight.
It is 110 cal, 18g protein, 3 carbs.

For those on alternatives... What is the significance of eating the protein packaged food in this case if I used 1 cup egg whites to make my egg fu yung that comes out to 117 cal, 26g protein, 2 carbs?

The ingredients in the IP food is dried egg whites, spices, salt, yeast and thickeners.

I'm all about saving money and have gone almost completely alternatives, and I'm having a hard time justifying my IP omelet habit...and I finally read the package and cannot see why plain ol' egg whites wouldn't be, actually, healthier.
Info I got way back at the start if my IP journey:
1 egg + 3 egg whites = 1 omelet packet
Old 04-06-2013, 03:51 PM   #44  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Info I got way back at the start if my IP journey:
1 egg + 3 egg whites = 1 omelet packet
Thank you Lisa! I figured you'd come through.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #45  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Isn't it ironic that the 1st thing in my garden this year is something I can only have limited amounts of (tomatoes in case the photo is too small)? Maybe by the time they're really humming I'll be on P4 and can have a few more.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_plants.jpg (58.2 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by M35A2; 04-06-2013 at 03:55 PM.
Closed Thread