Old 04-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183.4/177.2/130

Height: 5'0"

Default TMI - Armpit question

Sorry for TMI but I am curious about something. First let me say, I am not one to sweat. I could literally run a 5k and not drip an ounce of sweat. With that being said, I am on day 5 of IP and my armpits are so smelly! My deodorant does not seem to be working. Is this normal? How long does it last? Thanks everyone! This site is great :-)
DayDay615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #2  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayDay615 View Post
Sorry for TMI but I am curious about something. First let me say, I am not one to sweat. I could literally run a 5k and not drip an ounce of sweat. With that being said, I am on day 5 of IP and my armpits are so smelly! My deodorant does not seem to be working. Is this normal? How long does it last? Thanks everyone! This site is great :-)
It's common. It could be a couple of things. Your body going into ketosis, throwing off excess ketones through your sweat glands. Also, you're probably getting a lot of toxins cleaned out of your system, which is coming out through you sweat glands.

Drink extra water. This should be a temporary thing.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183.4/177.2/130

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
It's common. It could be a couple of things. Your body going into ketosis, throwing off excess ketones through your sweat glands. Also, you're probably getting a lot of toxins cleaned out of your system, which is coming out through you sweat glands.

Drink extra water. This should be a temporary thing.
Awesome! I am so glad to know it is temporary
DayDay615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:06 PM   #4  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Ketosis has been known to cause foul orders in breath, urine and sweat. Perhaps that is what is going on?
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #5  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

I had it too, I felt like I couldn't keep the smell away. It only lasted for about a week for me and now my body is more efficient at burning those ketones instead of excreting them.
fitandfabfrog is offline   Reply With Quote