Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Today I finished my 4th week of IP and was down another 3.4 pounds bringing my total to 17.8 pounds. Am so very happy that I found IP and more importantly this wonderful board. My coach, who happens to also be a doctor, thinks I should move onto phase 2. Like others I am afraid to test the phase 2 waters but will slowly give it a whirl.

This has been a very sad and trying week.
-My daughter in law was broadsided yesterday by someone that blew through a stop sign. She has hit on the drivers side and could not get out of the car. She is lucky to only has scrapes and be sore today.
-My sister suffered a 2nd stroke and in ICU. She was in critical condition but was told that she would most likely get upgraded today. Her long term health does not look good. Right now, the best scenario would be a long term high skilled nursing facility. My sister turned 60 yrs old last week.

Somehow - someway - I stayed on plan during both of the sad situations. Before IP I would have just eaten like a little pig. But, I keep telling myself that I do not want to go back to the old eating habits.

Thanks for listening -
Safetylady, I am sorry to hear that some of your loved ones are hurting. Thank God an angel was watching your DIL. I pray that your sister heals well and can live in her home. I understand that a nursing facility may not be a first choice, but it sounds like she will need expert care. I am working on my nursing degree and have spent some time in a nursing home. There are times when it is hard and very sad to see elderly people hurting, but then there are days when I get to sit with a person who has lived so much history and share in their life experiences. I send prayers and hugs your way.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #47  

Height: 6'

I have to say that I'm not sure that I would still be dieting on alternative IP if I did not have all of you for support. Just wanted to say thanks again. You help to keep me going. 7 weeks and 22lbs gone. I realized that I just lost my dog in weight! LOL When I picked her up this morning, I took a moment to feel her weight in my arms and to BELIEVE that is now gone from my body. It's the little things and moments that make me happy I guess.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #48  

Tenth week weigh in and I lost 5.8 lbs AND 2 1/2 inches just on my waist. I am so happy now my motivation is back up last week I lost .8 lbs. Good luck everyone on your weigh ins this week and congrats to all of you for a great week.....we got this!!!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 283/268/150

Height: 5'6

I just realized today how much better I've felt since being on the diet. No more stomach aches, no more indigestion. It's great!!

I'm in the process of buying a house and with that stress, I had the old urge to run into a store and grab some chocolate or something to stress eat...but no, I didn't. I recognized that feeling and waited for it to pass - and it did pass.

I think this diet is a miracle - it gets result and I can stick to it since i'm only hungry when it's actually time to eat!!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Safetylady - prayers and hugs your way

I just got back from my WI and I'm down .6, 1.5 inches from my waist and .5 inches from my hips. This on it's own is great to me. No, it's not the WI I wanted, but it's a loss and it's 2 whole inches from the places that matter!!!!

That being said, I am not in a happy place right now! I'm very upset with my clinic. Last week my coach wasn't able to see me so another lady from the office (not a coach, not a nurse, just office staff) filled in. I went up in both my waist and hip measurements for the first time in 11 weeks, but did lose a little over a pound. (I truly think she just didn't measure me the same way the coach does.) The first question out of the lady's mouth was "Did you cheat?". I was shocked that someone who was just filling in would hazard to ask that question. I answered her honestly, "No, I didn't cheat."

Today my coach was busy with a Drs office patient again, so the same lady "filled in again". She weighed me first, then measured, then recorded my stats. Then comes the hideous question again.....

Now I know this has happened to others, but it hadn't happened to me until then. I didn't let it derail me. This past week I was down on myself a bit because I had not lost what I wanted to lose. Because of this I was even more strict about IP. I went back to measuring EVERYTHING and watched it meticulously, especially with Good Friday and Easter right there.

When she asked me if I cheated this time I told her "No, actually I was even harder on myself this week to be sure I was following correctly."
I've been on the fence since before I started IP about going it alone. This has almost made my mind up for me. I don't feel as though I should pay this insane amount of money to be belittled and feel bad about a loss at a WI in both weight and inches!

I guess the true test will be next week. If my coach isn't available again, I don't think I will continue with that clinic. I get more encouragement on 3FC and from my husband and family than at the clinic anyway. Sure, my coach asks me how my week was, but that's it.

Sorry if this was too long. I'm just extremely angry right now.

Oh, and right before I left my coach stuck her head in the room to see how I did. The lady gave her my stats and then said "She said she didn't cheat." That is what I think made me the most angry. It was as if she didn't believe me anyway and was tattling. I deal with kids all day, tattling gets on my last nerve especially when there's no truth to it!!!!!

Last edited by aliboo723; 04-04-2013 at 06:32 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:40 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Safetylady - prayers and hugs your way

I just got back from my WI and I'm down .6, 1.5 inches from my waist and .5 inches from my hips. This on it's own is great to me. No, it's not the WI I wanted, but it's a loss and it's 2 whole inches from the places that matter!!!!

That being said, I am not in a happy place right now! I'm very upset with my clinic. Last week my coach wasn't able to see me so another lady from the office (not a coach, not a nurse, just office staff) filled in. I went up in both my waist and hip measurements for the first time in 11 weeks, but did lose a little over a pound. (I truly think she just didn't measure me the same way the coach does.) The first question out of the lady's mouth was "Did you cheat?". I was shocked that someone who was just filling in would hazard to ask that question. I answered her honestly, "No, I didn't cheat."

Today my coach was busy with a Drs office patient again, so the same lady "filled in again". She weighed me first, then measured, then recorded my stats. Then comes the hideous question again.....

Now I know this has happened to others, but it hadn't happened to me until then. I didn't let it derail me. This past week I was down on myself a bit because I had not lost what I wanted to lose. Because of this I was even more strict about IP. I went back to measuring EVERYTHING and watched it meticulously, especially with Good Friday and Easter right there.

When she asked me if I cheated this time I told her "No, actually I was even harder on myself this week to be sure I was following correctly."
I've been on the fence since before I started IP about going it alone. This has almost made my mind up for me. I don't feel as though I should pay this insane amount of money to be belittled and feel bad about a loss at a WI in both weight and inches!

I guess the true test will be next week. If my coach isn't available again, I don't think I will continue with that clinic. I get more encouragement on 3FC and from my husband and family than at the clinic anyway. Sure, my coach asks me how my week was, but that's it.

Sorry if this was too long. I'm just extremely angry right now.

Oh, and right before I left my coach stuck her head in the room to see how I did. The lady gave her my stats and then said "She said she didn't cheat." That is what I think made me the most angry. It was as if she didn't believe me anyway and was tattling. I deal with kids all day, tattling gets on my last nerve especially when there's no truth to it!!!!!
I am sorry aliboo. I am not sure that I can really give you any advice about going it alone because Monday will be my first weigh in; however I want to encourage you that any loss is YOUR SUCCESS not theirs. Do not let them take that away from you. I am shocked at the audacity of a fill in staff member would be measuring you and keep asking if you cheat. I would look into where you can log a complaint for not only getting a fill in when you should get your coach but also for the accusation and discouragement that they are giving you. Their goal should be to help you and encourage you to succeed not just you because you may not lose at the pace they think you should. I am sending hugs your way. Keep me posted on what you decide. Hopefully you will see your coach next week.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #52  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Sorry aliboo, that's not fair...is their another clinic in your area? There are 4 in mine, so I won't be afraid to switch if I ever feel mistreated! Today was WI, lost another forever pound! Of course I wanted the big whoosh, but, I am PMS ing so not worried. I feel wonderful and my clothes are fitting better. Besides, month and 13lbs gone? Took me 6months on WW to do that!! Encouraging to see everyone doing so well, even those who are having a tough time continue to take care of themselves, that is amazing. Can't tell you how many excuses I've had to dig into a bucket of ice cream or worse! But, nope, thanks to all of you, I'm OP!

Last edited by newday2013; 04-04-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Thanks Randygrl and Newday. I am really thinking of emailing my coach and telling her how displeased I am with the fill in.

As far as other locations, the one I am going to is 20 minutes from my work (50 minutes from home) and any others I would trust would be at least 45 minutes from my work if the traffic wasn't bad. I'm a teacher and have to go after school so this is probably my only place. There is one closer to my work, but I don't trust the dr there, so I don't think the coach would be any better.

My husband wants me to switch to the one over an hour away. I will look into it. If the times work out I will give it a try.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement. It means so much to have so many people care. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Hey everyone! I've basically been comatose the last three days with the flu, but thankfully getting over it! WI was great this morning, 3.5 pounds!

Cheekyskeeter- yay!!!! So happy for you!

SafetyLady- Thinking of you and your family! Way to stick to IP in trying times!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #56  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
7 weeks and 22lbs gone. I realized that I just lost my dog in weight! LOL When I picked her up this morning, I took a moment to feel her weight in my arms and to BELIEVE that is now gone from my body.
Congrats! That is such a great way to appreciate the amount of weight gone from your body. I'm sure your dog is like "What are you doing?" when you were holding her. What kind of dog and what's her name? There is a fun Thread that has the amount of weight of all these odd items in life and you get to look at the list and say what you've lost so far. I'll find it and bump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEGEE View Post
Tenth week weigh in and I lost 5.8 lbs AND 2 1/2 inches just on my waist. I am so happy now my motivation is back up last week I lost .8 lbs.
That is a great WI. There are a lot of people that have cycles of weight loss like that. Small number one week followed by a much larger number; if you averaged out the two you'd end up with a great loss per week average. So, keep this very close in the back of your mind and next time you have a small loss week don't let yourself get so discouraged. Now, it may not happen (the two week cycle) like this everytime but it's always a possiblity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetShe View Post
I'm in the process of buying a house and with that stress, I had the old urge to run into a store and grab some chocolate or something to stress eat...but no, I didn't. I recognized that feeling and waited for it to pass - and it did pass.
Great NSV! Yes, you are so correct that if we just give a little time after we feel the need to grab something and eat it that the filling will eventually pass. Good for you on not just giving in immediately. This is a great life lesson that you can use now and throughout maintenance that will make you more successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
I am not in a happy place right now! I'm very upset with my clinic.
I like the idea of you emailing your coach. Explain that the fill-in office staff and you don't have a good connection and the last 2 WI's you went home very discouraged and your feelings were hurt. Ask her if there is any way that you can be sure to see her next time you come in, such as coming at a different time when she couldn't be pulled to see the Dr.'s other patients.
I imagine that the fill-in is probably approaching all the patients in the same manner and asking them if they cheated as the first thing she says when seeing them. I assume it's probably due to her inexperience and she really doesn't know what else to say. Just shows how she is not a good choice for the office to use as their fill-in person when the coach is unavailable.
Good Luck with your decision. We are all here for you, whatever you decide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
I can't tell you how many excuses I've had to dig into a bucket of ice cream or worse! But, nope, thanks to all of you, I'm OP!
13 lbs in a month! Great job! Don't you love the results on IP?!? WTG!
You are very close to ONEderland, Yeah!

~Jen
ONEderland is when you leave the 200's in weight and you see 199 or less on the scale. We like to celebrate that milestone achievement here on 3FC!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:31 PM   #57  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

I have been OP for 4 weeks and 1 day now and I am loving it. It's hard, yes, but it's also worth it. I've lost 23 pounds and am working my way to my goal. I have noticed that the feeling of temptation gets easier as more time pases. There are always goodies at work, and I really don't feel the "crazy" urge like I used to.

This is sad, but I can remember what I ate at places far more than what I did there in specifics. I have decided that I will NOT let food control me like that, and that a healthier lifestyle is what I need. When I get under 150 I know I'm going to cry. I can't remember the last time I was in the 140s and it will be my first victory. When I get there I know that I can do anything and that I am worth it. Sorry for the lengthy post; happy Thursday everyone!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #58  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

This is a test to see if I got my ticker working.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #59  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
This is a test to see if I got my ticker working.
YOU are WORTH it!
You better get that tissue box ready and have it nearby because you'll be under 150 very very soon!
Good for you! And you ticker looks great.

Last edited by JenRem; 04-04-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Thursday everyone! They're saying it's going to get up into the double digits today and its bright and sunny out! I finish up P2 today and start P3 tomorrow for two weeks and.....I hit my goal!! Very excited.
Congratulations! That's awesome!
Closed Thread