Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:47 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 180/148.0/160

Height: 5'11"

Hi Everyone! It is nice to read through everyone's posts and learn! I have not been around for the last few days and have enjoyed catching up.

My DH and I finally spent the night out of town to celebrate my birthday from January, and while we were gone my 16y/o son decided to be a teenager.....Lots of stress, but I guess all normal. Just now feeling like things are smoothing out. Had kind of an extended "fun" weekend and after a P1 day, up 1.2 pounds. I have still mostly been eating low carb, but I know I have overdone it on the nuts and fat. I'm going to focus on cutting those out for a few day.

Maile- Love to hear about the articles you are reading. I like to read and gather as much information as I can also.

Greeniris- glad to see that a week of P1 went well...

Welcome Pochahontas!

Evepet- I also like the quote "you can't outrun your fork". I have always been an exerciser and before IP, I think one of the reasons I gained weight was that I convinced myself I could eat whatever I wanted because I exercise! I can still fall in that trap and need to reign that in!

Ishbel- I love hearing about the strength that you get from you VIP (and it sounds like he gets from you!). It is so much easier to have support and companionship on this journey. I also understand about the cooking! It really doesn't have to be complicated either!

KitKat- I hope you get some deserved rest this week....

Wingnut- I also like hearing about your cars! Thanks for the Beck quote. I always learn something from her.

Have a good day!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #92  
Started IP 4/23/12

S/C/G: 232/129/132

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted for awhile but I have been reading. Maintenance is going well for me. Still figuring it out. I was eating too few of calories and my weight went up so I think there is something to starvation mode. I am doing a recipe class at my clinic next week so I have some work to do to get ready. I am not a public speaker so I will be nervous for that. Glad everyone is doing well!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 PM   #93  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Becky: Good luck on your recipe class at your center. That sounds fun. I had to give a speech on weight loss at my gym and was nervous also! I wish my IP clinic had offered more recipes. I got all of mine here.

Molly: I agree with treats being an important factor. If you feel deprived in what you are eating, you may feel the need to go off. That is frustrating for you to have your move thwarted by tow hooks and cold weather! You are right..venting is better than eating. I have tons of recipes!!!!!

Cindy: You must be in ketosis by now! I hope your VIP is feeling better. Hot tea is useful for hunger!

Evepet: Tuna burgers sound like something I would like. In his book he recommends pro-biotics, yogurt, high protein, low glycemic index..lots of veges and fruit...also low or no sugar. I am glad you are feeling better with your current eating.

ishbel: He recommends that you take pro-biotics before you are going on an antibiotic. Are there any calories or side effects to pro-biotics? I am eating yogurt also. Could be why we have great immune systems! You are lucky to have such a supportive husband to be. My husband and I often go to the gym together. I never thought I would be doing so much cooking either..my husband likes to cook but I have to watch him adding too many carbs and calories!
Gazelle: I have found the same..eating higher fat ..even if it is low carb can cause a weight gain!

Welcome Pochahontas: You will love fruit again.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #94  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All! Just checking in. I started P3 on Saturday. Thanks for the encouragement. Gee, that was hard to take that step.

That said, today I met with my coach and lost another 2 pounds. Last week I also lost 2 pounds, so that's 6 pounds lost since I started phase 2. My coach says that I need to start stabilizing. I'm happy right where I am. Perhaps I needed my real upper limit to be 120, not 125. Anyway, we'll see what happens next week at WI after a full week on P3. I might incorporate a bit more fats and sugars in my foods.

Meanwhile, I'm having great fun wearing my size six pants. Nevah in my life did I think I would wear a size six!

And I'm loving my P3 breakfasts. That Greek yogurt with granola + fruit is just wonderful! And I even get to eat 1 1/2 TBSPN of fresh peanut or almond butter right from the spoon, too! Extra yum!

It's pretty amazing to be on this end of the weight loss journey. I know it's an ongoing journey, but I'm enjoying where I am right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
I read somewhere that when you have lost weight and you have developed muscles, you tend to gain weight around the belly. That seems to be where I feel any up pounds..as others here have mentioned.

Joysh: How did you enjoy your breakfast? I am still eating lunches and dinners that I ate in p1 and p2..maybe with a little more sauces or marinades.

My last comment on this short blog: This made me laugh.." You cannot out run your fork! " This was reminding people that your weight is 80 percent nutrition and 20 percent exercise..No matter how much you exercise, you still need to watch what you eat!
Thanks for the info on sugar addiction, Maile! Wow, a 2-yr milestone! How inspiring!!

Cindy, down 6 pounds already? That's great!!! Glad the headache is gone.

Hi, evepet!! Spring will come your way very soon. I promise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Hello Maintainers! I've been lurking here for a few weeks as I was approaching goal. I'm at goal now (actually a little below) and am starting 1 week of P2. This coming weekend I'll start P3, then in a couple more weeks I will officially be a maintainer! Nervous and excited at the same time, but definitely more on the excited side.....especially excited about the P3 breakfasts. Went to the grocery store this morning and stocked up on 100% whole wheat english muffins, granola, fat-free greek yogurt, and low-fat turkey sausage. At the end of the week I'll go back and get the fresh fruit. Can't wait!
Pochontas, this was me one week ago!! I just started P3 this past Saturday. My shopping list looked exactly like yours. I've been eating the yogurt, granola & fruit mixture + a little peanut butter. It's very yummy. I'll try an egg tomorrow and English muffin! Welcome to this thread and to P3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Have a great day.
Molly, sorry to hear about the tow hooks! Hang in there!

Kitkat, hang in there, too! I know these big changes are stressful. Be kind to yourself!

Beck, let us know how your recipe class goes. Sounds interesting!

Maile and Beck, My coach is wonderful, but she never gave me any recipes. In fact, I've shared loads of recipes from this forum with her!

Molly: Yes, I too agree with treats being an important factor. This afternoon I had a double chocolate Zone Protein Bar. Wow! That's delicious!

Oooh, that's a long post! Have a great evening everyone!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #95  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Joysh: Peanut butter and almond butter are heaven to eat again! I nver thought I would wear size 6 either. It sounds like you are doing great!

It is 31 degrees here..when is it going to warm up? Off for a cold cold walk.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Morning all!
Welcome to all the new maintainers!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #97  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone. Just popping in to say a quick 'HI'. I did a slightly lower carb day yesterday (not strictly P1, but lower carb) and saw that I've dropped down a lb from yesterday's WI. Sodium intake was lower too, so it was probably just the combo of those two factors. I'm still well below my ceiling weight, so all is well on that front.

I've been sampling the ginger tea & lemon tea, and really quite enjoying it. Love the fact that it counts towards the daily water intake. I think it will turn into my afternoon beverage of choice.

Still wanting to try the yogourt making, but it looks like I'll need to buy a thermometer first. And I want to use the crock pot, which I see requires paying attention at specific intervals of time and turning the heat on/off, etc... I think it's going to be a Saturday or Sunday job. But I'm curious to give it a go.....

All is well here, and hope each of you is having a good day. Cheers for now.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #98  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Morning all!
Welcome to all the new maintainers!
"Maintaining since April 2011" - now that's music to my ears!! Yay!
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #99  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck81 View Post
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't posted for awhile but I have been reading. Maintenance is going well for me. Still figuring it out. I was eating too few of calories and my weight went up so I think there is something to starvation mode. I am doing a recipe class at my clinic next week so I have some work to do to get ready. I am not a public speaker so I will be nervous for that. Glad everyone is doing well!
You will do great at the class - it is a subject near & dear to you! It's ok to be nervous, everyone listening will completely understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Morning all!
Hi Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi everyone. Just popping in to say a quick 'HI'. I did a slightly lower carb day yesterday (not strictly P1, but lower carb) and saw that I've dropped down a lb from yesterday's WI. Sodium intake was lower too, so it was probably just the combo of those two factors. I'm still well below my ceiling weight, so all is well on that front.

I've been sampling the ginger tea & lemon tea, and really quite enjoying it. Love the fact that it counts towards the daily water intake. I think it will turn into my afternoon beverage of choice.

Still wanting to try the yogourt making, but it looks like I'll need to buy a thermometer first. And I want to use the crock pot, which I see requires paying attention at specific intervals of time and turning the heat on/off, etc... I think it's going to be a Saturday or Sunday job. But I'm curious to give it a go.....

All is well here, and hope each of you is having a good day. Cheers for now.
Evepet - You're doing great with maintenance! I'm curious about making yogurt too, but not sure I'll actually try it.

The other day I reported I had dropped 6 lbs since beginning P1 on Tuesday - but the next day 2 of them re-appeared, now today back down 1. Guess I should stop weighing myself daily, but it really doesn't bother me as I know the ups/downs are normal.

Yesterday I shared on the Fab 50's thread that my DS was on his way to Louisiana to pick up his DD, 6 yrs old. Looks like the mom finally got herself into a jam she can't get out of (facing jail time), so DGD will be living with her daddy in a loving and safe home now! Today they are driving back; the pic I got in a text this morning shows a beautiful, HAPPY little girl! Can't wait to see her!!! (DS lives about 3 hrs from me, so might be a couple of weeks yet.)
Old 04-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #100  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

I have a couple 40 year old yogurt makers. Sure glad I kept them all these years. They have individual 6oz jars (5 per maker). I've been straining the yogurt after it's finished using coffee filters to make Greek yogurt, but then I really only end with 4oz, but it is soooo good. I have not succeeded using partial almond milk though. I'm having to stick with just plain milk.

According to UPS, our delayed tow hooks are on the truck to be delivered today. Now we are juggling bad weather. Do NOT want to drive hauling a car on a trailer in bad weather. Last year we were hauling a golf cart on a trailer and a boat tied upside down in the truck bed and got caught in a terrible storm in Ohio. Flipped a few semis. Fortunately, we had stopped for gas and were still sitting at the pump, but ready to drive out when it hit. We sat there and rocked all over the place with the high winds. Very scary stuff. Not taking a chance this time.

Packed all the food (split up bags of specialty flours, spices, etc.) and have four large crates. I used to carry all my packets and RTDs in a large canvas bag. But, of course, many items will only be taken one time as I will leave them up there when we do come back. We will be in Michigan now more than down in Georgia. Can't wait.

Molly
Old 04-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Where in Michigan are all of you? I'm from the U.P. and I miss it like crazy. I grew up right on Lake Superior and Interior Alaska just doesn't have the "big water". I miss the lake! What passes for lakes here is kind of sad.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #102  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes86 View Post
Where in Michigan are all of you? I'm from the U.P. and I miss it like crazy. I grew up right on Lake Superior and Interior Alaska just doesn't have the "big water". I miss the lake! What passes for lakes here is kind of sad.
Wow. You were really north and on Lake Superior, too. We have a place just south of Houghton Lake on a tiny 24 acre lake. I lived in St. Ignace as a child before the bridge. I was missing Michigan and that was the reason I bought the place 3 1/2 years ago. Now, it's going to become our retirement home. I'm just not a southern gal.

Molly
Old 04-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #103  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Maile: thanks for the information on the four types of sugar addiction. Sounds like another book I値l have to get.

Beck: nice to hear from you. A recipe class sounds like fun. I should suggest that to my coach.

Joysh: glad to hear you are enjoying P3. It is definitely a fun adjustment to get those breakfasts. I still eat mainly P3 style breakfasts although I致e decreased the portions a bit.

Greeniris: in a roundabout way, congrats on having your DGD a little closer by.

My stress and activity levels are still high but getting more under control. I feel like I知 actually making progress and am finishing the sweep of some rooms. Also I finally had my neighbor and handyman over to look at minor repair and painting work to be done and he said he値l be able to finish it by the middle of next week when my cleaning crew comes in for a major clean. I was worried about finding someone to do the work so quickly so it was a relief to get this figured out.

My other dilemma was finding a kennel to put my cats in while I知 away and my house is being shown. They usually stay at home with a pet / house sitter so a kennel will be a strange new experience for cats that can stress easily. I went to one and it was horrible. I finally talked to another one that sounds really great and their web pictures look good too. I値l be touring it on the weekend but have tentatively booked a deluxe condo for them.

I have two more weeks to finish off my old job and I hope it goes faster than it feels like now. My direct boss is relatively new (he started 1 week before I resigned!) so he is like a deer in the headlights with everything I知 trying to pass to him. I知 concerned for my team moving under him even temporarily. And otherwise, there are 6 other people I知 training to take over various aspects of my job because I know too much for 1 person to handle. However coordinating all of them and getting them to see the urgency is a challenge. I know I'm leaving and shouldn't sweat it but I still care that I'm leaving things in a good state!

I had this afternoon off which I spent working on the house. I知 off tomorrow morning too but I think it will be a relaxing morning with some coffee and a book. I will probably get my grocery shopping done too so I don稚 have to worry about it at the end of the day but that痴 it for the agenda.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #104  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Maile: thanks for the information on the four types of sugar addiction. Sounds like another book I値l have to get.

Beck: nice to hear from you. A recipe class sounds like fun. I should suggest that to my coach.

Joysh: glad to hear you are enjoying P3. It is definitely a fun adjustment to get those breakfasts. I still eat mainly P3 style breakfasts although I致e decreased the portions a bit.

Greeniris: in a roundabout way, congrats on having your DGD a little closer by.

My stress and activity levels are still high but getting more under control. I feel like I知 actually making progress and am finishing the sweep of some rooms. Also I finally had my neighbor and handyman over to look at minor repair and painting work to be done and he said he値l be able to finish it by the middle of next week when my cleaning crew comes in for a major clean. I was worried about finding someone to do the work so quickly so it was a relief to get this figured out.

My other dilemma was finding a kennel to put my cats in while I知 away and my house is being shown. They usually stay at home with a pet / house sitter so a kennel will be a strange new experience for cats that can stress easily. I went to one and it was horrible. I finally talked to another one that sounds really great and their web pictures look good too. I値l be touring it on the weekend but have tentatively booked a deluxe condo for them.

I have two more weeks to finish off my old job and I hope it goes faster than it feels like now. My direct boss is relatively new (he started 1 week before I resigned!) so he is like a deer in the headlights with everything I知 trying to pass to him. I知 concerned for my team moving under him even temporarily. And otherwise, there are 6 other people I知 training to take over various aspects of my job because I know too much for 1 person to handle. However coordinating all of them and getting them to see the urgency is a challenge. I know I'm leaving and shouldn't sweat it but I still care that I'm leaving things in a good state!

I had this afternoon off which I spent working on the house. I知 off tomorrow morning too but I think it will be a relaxing morning with some coffee and a book. I will probably get my grocery shopping done too so I don稚 have to worry about it at the end of the day but that痴 it for the agenda.
Wow, kitkat, you sound so organized. You have it all figured out. Having been a process analyst for the last 20 years, I really appreciate good organization. Hope things work out for your cats. I know how stressed cats can be.

I had the most unusual experience. Pre-IP I was a severe chocoholic. Give me chocolate and I'd finish it off, sometimes a whole bag. Yesterday, I bought a bag of Ghirardelli chocolate squares to take to Michigan to have something individual and small when I do want chocolate. Out of curiousity after a year of no "regular" chocolate, I figured I'd have one just to taste them again. Unbelievably, I almost couldn't finish it. It was just so sweet. It will be a while before I have another as each time I think of them, I get grossed out. Could hardly believe it. Boy, do I love all that IP has done for me.

Molly
Old 04-18-2013, 08:48 AM   #105  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I just wanted to write a quick note here - i'm into swimming pool season, so work is getting nutty, so not much time to visit 3FC during the day.

I'm looking forward to my first P2 lunch today - brought some of the chicken I made over the weekend. Also, had my WI last night - lost over 4#! I gained .2 last week so it kind of makes up for that. Haven't decided if I'm doing 1 or 2 weeks of P2 yet.

I get Calorie Count emails every morning and they have a lot of good information - I thought I'd share this link with everyone on mindful eating - http://caloriecount.about.com/transi...tm_term=title1 - I haven't read the link they provided for the book or taken the quiz yet, but I thought the information was worth sharing here.

Have a great day!!!

Lynn
Closed Thread