3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Maintainers Vol 11

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #16
Started IP 1/14/2012
 
KitKat169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 691

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Default

Sonyainva: yep, I understand the vortex of carbs on a cruise. I phased off temporarily for a cruise in the fall and for me it was a combination of carbs, vacation and knowing it was temporary that made me go all out. I can see myself easily getting into this bad trend for other vacations. Is it okay to do this if I am strict enough to go back to P1 afterwards? Maybe I'm just setting myself on a tougher course. I've been thinking about this because I have a vacation in June. A tour to Russia and the Baltic States. I have no idea what kind of food I will get but I'm hoping that I can do lots of walking to help cope too.

Evepet: I think your reasoning makes sense. It's the same thing that I have seen with some of the early IPers in the daily thread thinking that diet means temporary and they just have to get the weight off fast so they can go back to eating what they want. So why wouldn't the other people around us think the same way? I am glad I took more time to lose my weight and that during the weight loss phase I could see that this is a lifestyle change forever. Here's my tip for dealing with this: when I went gluten free, I would go out or just be eating around people and would make a big deal about what I could or couldn't eat. After a while, I realized that this was making everyone a little less tolerant of it. When I relaxed and just went about my meals, then everyone else seemed to relax. So now that part is no big deal and I hope in future, saying no to foods on the table even while not "dieting" is no big deal too.

Tonight is going to be my first fun meal. I am going out with a girlfriend and the restaurant is part of Chocolate month celebrations so I know there will be a chocolate dessert in my future. Before going out, I'm going to pre-prep my phase 2 day for tomorrow. I'm going to be doing a lot of lifting and walking tomorrow so my coach and I decided P2 would give me a little more protein energy than P1 but still be the low carb I need to recovery from tonight.

This is a long post already but it is time to come clean about what is happening in my life. I am about to accept a new job offer that has been in the works for the last two months. It is for a competitor to the company I'm working for right now so I have kept it hush hush in fear of the wrong people finding out. Only a friend and my mother knew what was going on. The job will move me from to the Toronto area so in anticipation, I've been doing lots of cleaning and decluttering. This week I'm working on the final offer details, met with realtors to sell, meeting with my banker about a new mortgage and planning how to give my resignation to my current employer of 19 years on Monday. At tonight's dinner, I'll tell my girlfriend what is hapepning as the first of many that will be shocked by this turn of events. I'm stressed, nervous, scared, excited, happy all at the same time. It's been a bumpy ride during this decision period but it is now going to be a whole lot busier in future.
__________________

My progress photos: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ss-photos.html
KitKat169 is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #17
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,767

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Evepet, that makes absolute sense to me. I'm sure now that we look "normal" people think we can just eat anything and stay this way. I even notice myself feeling that I can ease up a bit. But I know I really can't.

I always go back to Ishbel's quote: if we go back to eating the way we ate, we'll look the same.

I KNOW that we are different now. I think the special gift of IP is twofold:

1) We have learned to reframe our relationship to food. I want this new relationship to last for the rest of my life. I want to continue to value people's company more than the food we are eating when we are sitting together. I want food to be pleasant sustenance for my body, but not the center of my life and definitely not my reason for living, my comfort for stress, etc. I want it to remain in the right perspective. AND

2) We have learned how to prepare healthy, delicious food! I love the way that I now cook my meat, fish, and poultry protein! I love my new vegetables and the way it's so easy to grill and roast veggies! I love the way roasted vegetables and salads taste!

The other gift is that we have had the time to accustom ourselves to this new way of thinking and eating. For me, it's been 9 months of readjusting my relationship with food - and my new body. I want to stay here for the rest of my life and not go back!

So, can we "ease up a bit?" I've yet to find out. Perhaps we can order the salad without saying "hold the carrots," but I'm still not sure how I'd do with pizza and sweets.

I guess the question is how can we give the impression that we are "easing up" but remain true to our new way of living?
Thx for your insights. Like many of us, it took me a long time to lose this weight - almost exactly a year - so I've definitely learned different patterns of behaviour when it comes to eating. Most of the time I have no interest in going back to my former bad habits. But I do have to admit that I'm curious to taste a slice of pizza again, a nice serving of ice cream, etc. But that will be for Fun Day. It just suddenly struck me this am for some reason, that if these particular relatives who are so supportive of me fell into that habit of 'prompting' me to 'allow' myself a taste, nibble, etc. etc. that I probably can expect much worse behavour from others who aren't aware of my dieting journey. As KitKat says though, maybe it's mostly in my head... and if I just merrily do my own thing, no one will think much of it. I guess time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
Sonyainva: yep, I understand the vortex of carbs on a cruise. I phased off temporarily for a cruise in the fall and for me it was a combination of carbs, vacation and knowing it was temporary that made me go all out. I can see myself easily getting into this bad trend for other vacations. Is it okay to do this if I am strict enough to go back to P1 afterwards? Maybe I'm just setting myself on a tougher course. I've been thinking about this because I have a vacation in June. A tour to Russia and the Baltic States. I have no idea what kind of food I will get but I'm hoping that I can do lots of walking to help cope too.

Evepet: I think your reasoning makes sense. It's the same thing that I have seen with some of the early IPers in the daily thread thinking that diet means temporary and they just have to get the weight off fast so they can go back to eating what they want. So why wouldn't the other people around us think the same way? I am glad I took more time to lose my weight and that during the weight loss phase I could see that this is a lifestyle change forever. Here's my tip for dealing with this: when I went gluten free, I would go out or just be eating around people and would make a big deal about what I could or couldn't eat. After a while, I realized that this was making everyone a little less tolerant of it. When I relaxed and just went about my meals, then everyone else seemed to relax. So now that part is no big deal and I hope in future, saying no to foods on the table even while not "dieting" is no big deal too.

Tonight is going to be my first fun meal. I am going out with a girlfriend and the restaurant is part of Chocolate month celebrations so I know there will be a chocolate dessert in my future. Before going out, I'm going to pre-prep my phase 2 day for tomorrow. I'm going to be doing a lot of lifting and walking tomorrow so my coach and I decided P2 would give me a little more protein energy than P1 but still be the low carb I need to recovery from tonight.

This is a long post already but it is time to come clean about what is happening in my life. I am about to accept a new job offer that has been in the works for the last two months. It is for a competitor to the company I'm working for right now so I have kept it hush hush in fear of the wrong people finding out. Only a friend and my mother knew what was going on. The job will move me from to the Toronto area so in anticipation, I've been doing lots of cleaning and decluttering. This week I'm working on the final offer details, met with realtors to sell, meeting with my banker about a new mortgage and planning how to give my resignation to my current employer of 19 years on Monday. At tonight's dinner, I'll tell my girlfriend what is hapepning as the first of many that will be shocked by this turn of events. I'm stressed, nervous, scared, excited, happy all at the same time. It's been a bumpy ride during this decision period but it is now going to be a whole lot busier in future.
Kitkat - From how you describe your itinary, I think my sister & BIL did that same Baltic cruise a couple of years ago. Really enjoyed it.

I think you're right in that if I'm not preoccupied with my eating, and don't make an issue of it, then others are much more apt to not even notice what I do or don't put on my plate. The situation I was thinking about from the weekend involved a special dessert my sister had made, and that everybody had thoroughly enjoyed the day before I arrived. There were only 2 servings left, and my niece-in-law was raving about how I should sample it before it was gone. This was mid-afternoon. I didn't really even care that much whether I ate it or not... but found myself feeling like I'd somehow be insulting my sister if I didn't at least sample a small portion of this dessert. So I succumbed and agreed that I'd have just 1/2 a slice. It was good - but it wasn't *that good*!!! LOL. I think the diet has drastically altered my taste buds. For some reason this was on my mind this morning, as a sample of the type of situation that I have to be aware of and sensitive to in the future.

BTW - Congratulations on the new job! I've lived on and off in Toronto for several years and think you'll enjoy it there. I think you're in the insurance business? So you're probably going to be working in the downtown core somewhere? I recall your posts a few weeks ago when you made a trip to Toronto... I somehow got the impression back then that a new job offering was in the wind. Glad that things have worked out. You'll do great.
__________________
I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.
evepet is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #18
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 683

S/C/G: 202.8/124/125

Height: 5'1"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post
I've been thinking about this because I have a vacation in June. A tour to Russia and the Baltic States. I have no idea what kind of food I will get but I'm hoping that I can do lots of walking to help cope too.
...This is a long post already but it is time to come clean about what is happening in my life. I am about to accept a new job offer that has been in the works for the last two months. At tonight's dinner, I'll tell my girlfriend what is hapepning as the first of many that will be shocked by this turn of events. I'm stressed, nervous, scared, excited, happy all at the same time. It's been a bumpy ride during this decision period but it is now going to be a whole lot busier in future.
WOW, big changes are ahead for you, Kitkat!! A new body, new job, new town! How very exciting! I know how hard it will be to tell your good friends that you are moving. I did it 6 years ago when I moved from Houston to Louisiana for a job. It's very exciting to be on a new adventure. I'm 4 hours from Houston, so I get back fairly often. But if your planning a trip to Russia and the Baltic, you must love adventures as much as I do! What a wonderful trip! Keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
It was good - but it wasn't *that good*!!! LOL. I think the diet has drastically altered my taste buds. For some reason this was on my mind this morning, as a sample of the type of situation that I have to be aware of and sensitive to in the future.:
I agree with you and Kitkat; we just have to be aware of this. Right now, for me at least, the big topic of conversation is "how great you look, how did you do it, etc." This will change as they see that this body is my normal body now and it's time for me to be "regular." (whatever that is)

Have a great day!
__________________

Started June 14, 2012; Reached goal: March 19, 2013; Maintenance: May 2, 2013; 81 pounds lost!
Maintaining 1 year and 7 months!
View complete pix by clicking on my name!
joysh is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #19
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Good morning maintainers - This is a 'me' post, and I apologize ahead of time.
I have been spiraling out of control and too embarrassed about it to post for quite some time. I have been depressed as well, probably due to feeling out of control. Have made a few half-hearted attempts to get back into ketosis, but never made it. Think I'm up about 15 lbs from when I began P4. Most of it was the chocolate addiction, which I had posted about & gotten some great feedback from all of you. I think I'm making progress there, but haven't completely kicked it. I want to try again to go back to P1 with a sincere effort, but not using packets. My savings account took a huge hit last year between IP and paying for foot surgery, and I just can't afford the packets, even alternatives. Also, am beginning to think all the soy in my diet may be the cause of the increased hot flashes/night sweats I've had.
So my question is...what foods do you recommend for breakfast during P1/P2? I can have eggs/egg whites fairly often, but will need a bit of variety. Lunch & dinner will be lean protein & the veggies, like P2. The various protein drink powders/mixes I've tried really upset my stomach, so those are out, but I can drink the EAS CarbadvantEdge RTDs. Not sure there is enough protein in one of those to be a complete breakfast though. Any suggestions? I am going to see my coach on Tuesday and ask her these same questions. Hopefully she will have some ideas, but am worried what she'll say/do when I tell her I can't purchase the product.
I know I am my own worst enemy sometimes...too hard on & unforgiving with myself. It is very hard to share all this, but I know now I can't do it on my own. Those of you that talk about how this is a daily struggle, and still succeed with maintenance - You are my heroes! It takes a lot of mental & emotional strength to get where you are, and I so admire you!
__________________
Cindy quote from Lisa: "If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!"

WI 1: -5; WI 2: -5.5; WI 3 (2 weeks): -3.5; WI 4 (2 weeks): -5.5; WI 5 (2 weeks): -5; WI 6 (2 weeks): -4; WI 7 (12 days): -7.8; WI 8 (9 days): -3 1/2; WI 9 (2 wks): -0-; WI 10 (2 wks): -4.5; WI 11 (2 wks): -3.5; WI 12 (2 wks): -1; WI 13 (2 wks): -2.8; WI 14 (2 wks): -2.5; WI 15 (2 wks): -2.5
greeniris is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #20
Started IP 3/26/12
 
evepet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,767

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning maintainers - This is a 'me' post, and I apologize ahead of time.
I have been spiraling out of control and too embarrassed about it to post for quite some time. I have been depressed as well, probably due to feeling out of control. Have made a few half-hearted attempts to get back into ketosis, but never made it. Think I'm up about 15 lbs from when I began P4. Most of it was the chocolate addiction, which I had posted about & gotten some great feedback from all of you. I think I'm making progress there, but haven't completely kicked it. I want to try again to go back to P1 with a sincere effort, but not using packets. My savings account took a huge hit last year between IP and paying for foot surgery, and I just can't afford the packets, even alternatives. Also, am beginning to think all the soy in my diet may be the cause of the increased hot flashes/night sweats I've had.
So my question is...what foods do you recommend for breakfast during P1/P2? I can have eggs/egg whites fairly often, but will need a bit of variety. Lunch & dinner will be lean protein & the veggies, like P2. The various protein drink powders/mixes I've tried really upset my stomach, so those are out, but I can drink the EAS CarbadvantEdge RTDs. Not sure there is enough protein in one of those to be a complete breakfast though. Any suggestions? I am going to see my coach on Tuesday and ask her these same questions. Hopefully she will have some ideas, but am worried what she'll say/do when I tell her I can't purchase the product.
I know I am my own worst enemy sometimes...too hard on & unforgiving with myself. It is very hard to share all this, but I know now I can't do it on my own. Those of you that talk about how this is a daily struggle, and still succeed with maintenance - You are my heroes! It takes a lot of mental & emotional strength to get where you are, and I so admire you!
Hi GreenIris. I'd just been thinking about you earlier this morning, thinking that we hadn't heard from you in a while. Sorry to hear that you're having a struggle. A couple of suggestions for breakfast. How about lean ground beef meat patties? Or tuna or salmon patties? Or a couple of slices of a salmon loaf, but keeping the carbs down to an absolute minimum? Or how about a P1-version of chili, with extra lean ground beef and lots of celery, green peppers, mushrooms, a bit of onion, and diced tomatoes. I've done that in the past and played around on fatsecret.com with the ingredients to hold the carb content down as much as possible. I've also made a version that has finely shredded napa cabbage in it, which sounds a bit odd but which I enjoy. Another thing I make sometimes is an individual-sized egg custard - you'd have to 'fudge' a little and use about 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk, but I take a 1 cup size pyrex measuring cup and add 1 egg and enough egg white to fill it to 1/4 full, whip the egg/egg white, then pour in enough unsweetened almond milk to bring it to 1/2 cup full. Add dash of vanilla and some Splenda or stevia + nutmeg, and microwave at #2 heat control for about 35 minutes. I top with a couple of tbsp of WF pancake syrup and it's a nice treat. Don't know about you, but I could eat it for breakfast. It has about 125 cals, 6.8g fat, 1.8g carbs, 0 fibre, 0.8g sugar, 13.4g protein.

Also, if you buy a box of a pre-made low carb pancake mix like New Hope Mills or Big Train from netrition.com, it's pretty reasonably priced as you get several servings/box. I used them quite often while on P1, but I generally did add a little unflavored protein powder to it. But check at netrition.com and see what you think. They carry boxed low carb cereals too, that are more cost effective than buying them in the alternative packet form. One type that I've used and can personally recommend is 'Hi - Lo Cereal' by Nutritious Living. Definitely P1 complaint.

I was just also noting that I have a recipe for a 'Apple Cinnamon Protein Bar' that I made a few months and found quite good, but it includes some unflavored whey protein powder. It's nutritional values per muffin are 80cals, 3.5g carb, 0 fibre, 2g sugar, and 11g protein. I remember thinking at the time that it was compatible enough for P1. If you're interested in this recipe that includes protein powder, let me know and I'll PM it to you. Or I might just do a post about it on my blog, since I didn't before. The only reason I didn't make it again is that it's now abundantly clear to me that I don't do well with having multiple servings of sweet things around - even frozen. I kept wanting to eat 'just one more'... sorta like my problem with some protein bars, etc. I'm realizing I'm a one-serving kinda gal, and have to just accept it if I don't want to constantly be fighting the temptation.

Neither the egg custard or apple cinnamon protein bar/muffin have quite enough protein, so you'd have to add a bit there with that meal/snack. Although I'm not sure it's that essential within a gm or two, as long as the protein intake for the day is within the right range.

I just checked the nutritional info for EAS CarbAdvantage RTDs and 1 container has 17g, so you're fine there. Most IP products we used on P1 have somewhere between 15 - 18g protein per serving.

Also, I've been making my own protein soups the last while and you might find that info useful.... have a look at my last blog post - link below.

Don't be a stranger. We're all struggling in our own ways, and here to help and support each other. I feel a little like I'll run off the rails if I indulge in some pizza, or ice cream, etc. But part of me is also curious to see how I feel/react to it, so I think I'm going to have some small indulgences tomorrow and see how it goes.
__________________
I invite you to visit my blog at http://diettalktoday.com It's focus is on helping those who chose to use alternative products.

Last edited by evepet : 04-05-2013 at 02:06 PM.
evepet is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pickering Canada
Posts: 45

S/C/G: 257/200/190(?)

Height: 5'10"

Default

Great discussion in this thread.

I have just started Phase 4. I definitely feel some of the peer pressure to "eat normally" that Evepet and Joysh have been describing. The price of success, I guess.

@greeniris. The EAS Advantage Carb control shakes have 17g of protein. I don't know how much you need, but that has to be a pretty good start, I would think. I used them a couple of times (I was traveling during phase 2 and got caught short of packets) along with a boiled egg. Good luck getting things back on track. I am sure you will. The fact that you are taking action now - before 15 becomes twice that - is a great sign that you will have it under control.
Shawsy is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
GreatLakes86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 105

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default

I have been busy and need to catch up here and in the 100% thread, but I read this article (hopefully it lets me post the link) and I thought of several of you ladies who are limiting or eliminating gluten. I think it also applies to maintenance eating in general. I am lucky to have supportive friends and family while I am in P1 and I know they will be wonderful once I am in maintenance. Anyways, hope this article is interesting/enlightening.

Happy Friday!!!!

http://www.examiner.com/article/givi...irst-few-weeks
__________________
GreatLakes86 is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #23
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

I had forgotten the EAS drinks have that much protein (was thinking they were around 12/13) - certainly sufficient for breakfast. Thank you Evepet & Shawsy for looking it up. And Evepet, you have some great suggestions... guess I was thinking more traditional breakfast foods, but going "outside the box" is a good idea. Evepet, your egg custard sounds good too. I'll do some experimenting this weekend. Am going to look up your protein soups as well. Thank you!
__________________
Cindy quote from Lisa: "If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!"

WI 1: -5; WI 2: -5.5; WI 3 (2 weeks): -3.5; WI 4 (2 weeks): -5.5; WI 5 (2 weeks): -5; WI 6 (2 weeks): -4; WI 7 (12 days): -7.8; WI 8 (9 days): -3 1/2; WI 9 (2 wks): -0-; WI 10 (2 wks): -4.5; WI 11 (2 wks): -3.5; WI 12 (2 wks): -1; WI 13 (2 wks): -2.8; WI 14 (2 wks): -2.5; WI 15 (2 wks): -2.5
greeniris is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Momto2cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,729

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Hey green iris
This is what I would (and have) done...

B make an egg casserole with 12 eggs and a bag of low carb frozen veggies. Bake and cut into 6 servings. Done for the week.

Lunch-salad with vinaigrette. 3 oz protein and at least 1 cup veggies

Snack- 3 oz protein or 1/2 c cottage cheese ( not ip but a real food way to get the protein)

Dinner-usual ip dinner, maybe reducing your protein to 5 or 6 oz, but don't let yourself starve

Snack-protein shake. But a big tub and drink it. It might not be delicious, but it will work.

Keep it simple and try it for a couple weeks and see if it is working.

You can do it!

Anne
__________________
Maintaining since April 2011.
Momto2cs is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:31 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Nolawhodatchick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 417

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Default

Thank you, Ishbel, for the wonderful post.

KIT-KAT!!! Wow! Big life changes! Very happy for you and understand you must be having a rollercoaster of emotions. Wishing you the very very best and so proud of you! Any change takes courage, even good change, and it sounds like you are doing so great.

Greeniris-many, many hugs! It's temporary, you won't go back to where you were. I was thinking the other day about whether I would keep the weight off and what was different to allow that. Here's what's different for me, in the past, if I gained a pound or two back, I'd panic, the fear and anxiety would lead to more eating and I'd spiral slowly out of control. It was all fed by fear and avoidance. Now I know it is normal to gain back some weight at some point, it's a sign that I'm veering off course. We are all in it together with you and here for you!

On that note, I'm going back to a more rigid IP schedule for a few weeks. I'm up 2 lbs but I'm pretty sure a lot of it is water weight as I overdid soy this week big time. I'd love to lose 5 more lbs right now, so I'm going to go phase 1ish for a month and see what happens. One other reason I'm doing it is because I feel I'm getting too lax about some of the rules, like my veggies. For example, I'm substituting too much fruit for veggies and not drinking enough water. I don't like the feeling of being out of control that I'm starting to develop, so I'm rebooting to get help the rules become permanent.

Best to all my IP friends out there!
Sandra
__________________




Entered Maintenance Feb. 19, 2013 at 144 lbs.
Started reboot June 18, 2014.
Nolawhodatchick is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #26
began IP May 25
 
greeniris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern MI
Posts: 802

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Weird - was in the middle of writing a post and all of a sudden the site took me to 3FCs external link policies. Wasn't even including a link...

Thanks for the hugs & support Sandra...
And Anne - love the egg/veggie cassarole idea. So simple, yet perfect. And I think breaking up the protein into smaller amounts and including it in snacks is going to help. Thank you!

Molly - you're a great friend. Thanks for being there.
Lisa - I know you're lurking, and really appreciate your support too.

I went to the library to get the Beck Diet Solutions book - they don't carry it, so I took out "Skinny *****" & "Flat Belly Diet." The first one I just couldn't resist because of the name! The other seems more serious. Most of the diet books they have are kind of old.

KitKat - The changes you're making are so exciting! This must be a huge opportunity for you to make such a big move. Very happy for you.

Ishbel - love the post...I printed it out.
__________________
Cindy quote from Lisa: "If we only focus on what we're missing (and how soon we can have it again), we're not learning a thing about how to keep it off, & all the struggle to actually lose the weight is for nothing!"

WI 1: -5; WI 2: -5.5; WI 3 (2 weeks): -3.5; WI 4 (2 weeks): -5.5; WI 5 (2 weeks): -5; WI 6 (2 weeks): -4; WI 7 (12 days): -7.8; WI 8 (9 days): -3 1/2; WI 9 (2 wks): -0-; WI 10 (2 wks): -4.5; WI 11 (2 wks): -3.5; WI 12 (2 wks): -1; WI 13 (2 wks): -2.8; WI 14 (2 wks): -2.5; WI 15 (2 wks): -2.5
greeniris is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #27
Started IP 6/14/12
 
joysh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 683

S/C/G: 202.8/124/125

Height: 5'1"

Default

Cindy, just wanted to let you know that I hear you and support you, too. I haven't been able to get back online since yesterday afternoon.

Hang in there. You did great on this program and you'll do great on it again. You have been an inspiration to me. We're all learning, growing, and changing. It's hard sometimes, but we have great faith in you!
__________________

Started June 14, 2012; Reached goal: March 19, 2013; Maintenance: May 2, 2013; 81 pounds lost!
Maintaining 1 year and 7 months!
View complete pix by clicking on my name!
joysh is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 05:24 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Momto2cs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,729

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Skinny b $&@ sucks. I think you need to start out skinny for that diet to work. And the serious lack of protein is scary.

Why we get fat is a great semi diet book. But I think the beck diet solution has what most of us are looking for-skills to understand why we eat and how to keep it under control.
__________________
Maintaining since April 2011.
Momto2cs is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #29
Choosing with every bite.
 
WebRover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,856

S/C/G: 212.5/153.4/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Congratulations to everyone in this forum, successful losers, people looking ahead to maintenance and realizing it's not a race to the finish with a return to former habits, people starting maintenance, all the experienced folks, posters & lurkers!

I start Phase 4 Tuesday. Sometimes I have to pinch myself that I've had so much success on this eating plan. After years of not being able to get below 182, it's fantastic to be at 153, two pounds below goal.

Thank you to all the posters in this thread and all the threads in this forum, especially the regular ones - the 100%, daily thread, and Fabulous at Fifty+. I've learned so much from all of you.
__________________
Started 9th of April 2007; Started IP protocol 20th September, 2012 at 193 pounds.
Reached goal March 2013; Maintained via Paleo/Primal since.
WebRover is offline  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Skinnyjeangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 197

S/C/G: 199/162/135

Height: 5.5

Default

I like the positive post. I love this diet..
Skinnyjeangirl is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maintainers Vol 8 wuv2bloved Ideal Protein Diet 503 11-30-2012 12:29 PM
The Maintainers. Vol. 4 JellyMae87 Ideal Protein Diet 527 03-31-2012 02:31 PM
The Maintainers, Vol. 3 JellyMae87 Ideal Protein Diet 564 02-04-2012 05:32 PM
The Maintainers, vol 2. Pxlkitty4 Ideal Protein Diet 519 12-18-2011 02:33 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2