Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 4/1/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #2  
Started IP 3/8/2013

S/C/G: 163/146/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all! Happy April Fools day! (Don't fall for anything today!)
This thread has been my go to. I love the daily chat even though I usually just lurk in the background and read everyone else's great ideas!
Today my goal is to get enough water. That has been my biggest struggle.
It's in writing now so I have to do it!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrn View Post
Good morning all! Happy April Fools day! (Don't fall for anything today!)
This thread has been my go to. I love the daily chat even though I usually just lurk in the background and read everyone else's great ideas!
Today my goal is to get enough water. That has been my biggest struggle.
It's in writing now so I have to do it!
LOL! Yes Im hoping not to get Fooled by anyone today,
Get your water in, I like herbal teas, and since its still chilly, ugh!
They keep me warm too!

Glad to have gotten through the Holiday without caving! I cant
believe how much sugar and carbs is involved in our Easter dinner,
potatoes,corn casserole,rolls,rye bread,ham with brown sugar glaze and
all the desserts, OUCH!

I stuck with salad(brought my own dressing) and turkey breast, no gravy!
Came home to my choc pudding desert. awwww!

It was nice to see family and got a few compliments too, never know, lol!
Of course got the usual "oh just have a little!" I just laughed it off and moved
on to get support from my DD. Shes been sooooo helpful and is now aware
of the bad things to eat. Shes only 17 but its good for her to know, she had her treats but will be back on more veggies today, LOL!
Ok hope everyone had a nice Easter!

WI tomorrow, keep my fingers crossed!
Off to work! check in later.
Have a great OP day!
D
Old 04-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #4  
Started IP 3/8/2013

I posted this question late last night on the weekend thread. It was suggested that I repost here. Thanks!

I'm pretty new at this. Does anyone "add buddies" on here. If so, what does that do. (Messaging, extra support?) just curious. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

Spent all day yesterday with family and lots of food and drink, and wasn't even tempted to cheat.... still in my first week, so pretty proud of myself!
WI tommorrow.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/201/150

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning all!!!
I'm pretty new here, usually just read. Today I thought I would say Hello!!!
I'm 6 weeks OP! Down 24 pounds...
WI tomorrow.
I love everything about my 5&1 program!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #7  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

I bought skim milk and had three lattes over the weekend, I had to finish the milk. Kicked myself out of keytosis, now I feel lousy as I go back into it, at least that is what I am assuming is the issue. I am exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep. I have no energy, headachy. The first latte was worth it and I may have been fine, but I can't let the milk go to waste and all. So I am back at it as of yesterday.

I ate OP all weekend, it was just the lattes that threw me. The scale this morning show I didn't gain anything.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #8  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsv2003 View Post
Good Morning all!!!
I'm pretty new here, usually just read. Today I thought I would say Hello!!!
I'm 6 weeks OP! Down 24 pounds...
WI tomorrow.
I love everything about my 5&1 program!!
5&1?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #9  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday everyone! I had a pretty quiet long weekend as hubby was working nights so sleeps all day which means I had to stay quiet as well. I did manage to get a ride in on one of my horses on Saturday and the weather was GORGEOUS....of course it's bloody cold again today. Oh and had a couple of NSVs this weekend. First one, I went shopping with my sister and was trying on bikinis and for the first time in my life instead of just opening the curtain to show my sister I actually stepped out of the change room IN a bikini....ok more then once. I have never felt comfortable enough to do that before but since IP I feel awesome. And I found 3 beautiful bikinis to take with me to Jamaica in 3 weeks. Second one, my hubby came into the kitchen yesterday to give me a hug and he actually picked me up. Said I was light as a feather....he's never picked me up before. It seems silly but I was so thrilled I said 'do it again do it again'. lol.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #10  
Started IP 3/8/2013

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Happy Monday everyone! I had a pretty quiet long weekend as hubby was working nights so sleeps all day which means I had to stay quiet as well. I did manage to get a ride in on one of my horses on Saturday and the weather was GORGEOUS....of course it's bloody cold again today. Oh and had a couple of NSVs this weekend. First one, I went shopping with my sister and was trying on bikinis and for the first time in my life instead of just opening the curtain to show my sister I actually stepped out of the change room IN a bikini....ok more then once. I have never felt comfortable enough to do that before but since IP I feel awesome. And I found 3 beautiful bikinis to take with me to Jamaica in 3 weeks. Second one, my hubby came into the kitchen yesterday to give me a hug and he actually picked me up. Said I was light as a feather....he's never picked me up before. It seems silly but I was so thrilled I said 'do it again do it again'. lol.

Awesome NSVs! I can't wait for my bikini body. I know it's in here somewhere! LOL
Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #11  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Thank you. And yes your bikini body is in there! I'm seriously still amazed at how well and how quickly IP has worked for me. I never dreamed that at my age I'd be feeling and looking as good as I do and without any exercise either. Part of me wanted to work out while on the diet but I listened to my coach and didn't do anything (except riding my horses but it's winter so it's not much of a work out). I will start working out again once I get to P3 (this Friday woot woot). I'm still quite concerned about maintaining this as I like the routine of P1....I ate only what was on the sheet and didn't have to think about it much but I'm determined to stay where I am right now. I think that's all the motivation I need and it's good to have this site to come to for help.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #12  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday! I'm so excited to have today and tomorrow off of work!

We went to my mother in law's house for Easter weekend. Overall, I did OK, I took my packets and I didn't eat any chocolate or any other treats. But she had ham for dinner yesterday, so I ate that. She also made macaroni and cheese, scalloped potatoes and green beans. She kept a bowl of green beans set aside for me, before she added butter to the rest of the green beans. I used to be one of those people who added butter to veggies, but now I don't! I'm a little bummed about the ham, but oh well. I had limited choices and at least I kept away from all the chocolate, jelly beans and peeps!

I haven't seen my father-in-law since Christmas and his first comment to me was to address me as "skinny" and claim that he hardly recognized me. He and my mother in law were quick to tell me how good I looked and how proud they are of me. My sister in law, on the other hand, said, "Oh, I don't know about that. She still looks like Tammy to me." Very passively agressively hinting that she's not impressed, I guess. That's exactly the kind of remark I expect from her, she hates it when anyone besides herself is noticed. At Christmas, both my father in law and her husband commented that they could tell I had lost weight, and she immediately said, "Well, I've lost weight, too, but nobody notices that." And she had lost some weight, I won't take that away from her, but I thought that was sort of rude. Honestly, though, I guess I'm lucky because everybody else I know has been extremely impressed and quick to compliment...great for my ego!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post

That's awesome, I totally get the pick up thing, what a great feeling for you, enjoy!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

Day #1 for me today....cant wait to lose this belly! Starting at 191, goal 142...used to be 242, ready to transform my body!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I bought skim milk and had three lattes over the weekend, I had to finish the milk. Kicked myself out of keytosis, now I feel lousy as I go back into it, at least that is what I am assuming is the issue. I am exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep. I have no energy, headachy. The first latte was worth it and I may have been fine, but I can't let the milk go to waste and all. So I am back at it as of yesterday.

I ate OP all weekend, it was just the lattes that threw me. The scale this morning show I didn't gain anything.
Here's the issue with milk: Full fat has too much fat for IP. Skim has too much carbs/sugar (lactose).
You can make a latte with vanilla drink. It's pretty good
Toss that milk. It'll go to waste or waist.
You didn't gain but what could you have LOST over the weekend?
Sorry you don't feel good.
Cheats just SO aren't worth it!
Find an OP way to scratch the itch!
Closed Thread