3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Novi-cleanse, have you tried it? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/278780-novi-cleanse-have-you-tried.html)

ABue1 03-31-2013 10:48 AM

Novi-cleanse, have you tried it?

I'm in my 4th week and halfway to goal. I will be phasing off at 6 weeks because of a holiday planned sometime ago. I will be close enough to goal that phase 2 loss should put me where i want to be. I'll be doing 2 weeks of phase 2 and 2 weeks of phase 3. My question is, has anyone noticed weight loss benefits with this product.

scorbett1103 04-01-2013 09:22 AM

It's a waste of money. The active ingredients are prunes, psyllium and aloe - all things you can get over the counter for a fraction of the cost. All the Novi Cleanse does is clean out your colon.

You would be better off just adding psyllium husks (found at most health food stores - look for the husks NOT the psyllium caplets) and drinking lots of extra water.

BEEGEE 04-01-2013 10:39 AM

I'm on day five of the cleanse. I started it because my weight loss had slowed and I still have a long way to go. So far haven't felt any different so we will see what the scale says on thursday.

Lynnie63 04-01-2013 12:48 PM

I was thinking of doing it, but saw that people had mixed results plus I was more interested in finding something that detoxified my liver, kidneys, etc vs. just helping me "go".

I found a Dr. Oz 48 hour cleanse that consists of eating Quinoa and prunes for breakfast, kale & pineapple smoothies for snack, broth for dinner and fruit smoothie for lunch, you also take a Epsom Salt bath at night - this would be for someone in maintenance. 48 hours, and done. I'd prefer to eat the stuff vs. taking a pill.

maezy1 04-01-2013 03:49 PM

I use smooth move tea. Novi cleanse isnt worth your $$ and really doesnt do much

Great Dane 04-01-2013 09:27 PM

I tried Novi-Lax. It did nothing, meaning I was still only having like one BM in a week. Smooth Move tea worked better for me.

Nilouve 04-02-2013 09:16 AM

With my first go at IP, I ended up doing it after week 6 since my coach was so insistent. In my opinion it was a total waste of money and made me feel slightly nauseous. No noticeable change in weight loss rate, like I said, total waste...IMHO

2Poles1Girl 04-02-2013 10:11 AM

Some things that help...Smooth Move tea, spinach in your morning smoothie, a couple tablespoons of lemon juice in an 8 oz glass of warm/hot water first thing in the morning.

Cheekyskeeter 04-02-2013 10:28 AM

I did it as my coach recommended it but I too didn't have any noticeable change in weight loss or anything. My weight loss has stayed pretty consistent from the beginning.

BEEGEE 04-04-2013 06:21 PM

Had my weigh in today and lost 5.8 lbs this is my seventh day on the cleanse. I also lost 2 1/2 inches just in my waist. I'm not saying to do it but for me I am happy with it!!