3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekends chat Sat/Sun March 30-31,2013

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #16

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Well, yesterday was a big day for me! My family is very Cajun and does a great big get together on Good Friday. Of course, being Cajun, it all revolves around food!!! Fried fish, boiled crawfish, crawfish stew, fish stew, potato salad, and of course all the deserts you can imagine....
With a little extra work from my hubby and myself, I was able to enjoy the day with the rest of my family and not feel left out in the slightest. I have tried eating boiled crawfish on IP before and it doesn't work at WI time. The crawfish hold on to too much salt. Shrimp don't bother me as much at WI (I guess since they are denser, they don't take on as much of the salt), so that's the route I took. My hubby boiled some shrimp, mushrooms and green beans for me to have (first time I've done green beans in a boil, but they were yummy and just a little spicy). Of course we had extra of everything in case anyone else wanted some. I peeled and weighed mine out and then cut them up along with the mushrooms over a big salad with a home made dressing of fresh squeezed lemon juice, pecan oil, dried cilantro and Mrs. Dash table blend.
It was so yummy and having the boiled shrimp on the table sitting next to the people eating boiled crawfish didn't bother me at all! In all honesty, I like boiled shrimp more anyway.
Family that had not seen me since early February commented on the change that has taken place. It made me feel so good! A few of them knew what I was doing, but others asked and I told them IP!
I celebrated my 5th anniversary on Thursday and have not been this size since my wedding. Can't wait to celebrate my 6th as a skinny minny!
Also hubby and I went to the Elton John concert last night! A-Mazing! It was at 8, but with traffic the way it is in BR and us living about an hour away we decided to head in way early. We got to the Rivercenter (venue) at a little after 5 and were seated at 6:30. I had planned ahead and brought a quest bar with me to enjoy while hubby enjoyed his french fries (which are a BIG weakness for me). The quest bar got me through the show and I felt great!
In the last couple weeks I have had lower losses and was beginning to feel discouraged, but with these NSVs and this forum I know I can continue and exceed my expectations!!!!!

1st mini goal - losing 25lbs - done!
2nd mini goal - weighing 195 lbs
3rd mini goal - fitting into a size 12
Other goals to be set later.
Final goal - to be comfortable being me! - reward, Being me!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Ginet: what low carb store? and give your brother in law a hug from me, ever sweet! now that's what family should be like!
Lisa: me too, I'm ready for a polite, yet firm answer to all these negative people, I wonder if it's just a "oh, she's on a diet.again." I mean, I think most of us have been dieting for years, maybe that's why people don't comment or support us, they figure we'll be back!!!!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Lisa: me too, I'm ready for a polite, yet firm answer to all these negative people, I wonder if it's just a "oh, she's on a diet.again." I mean, I think most of us have been dieting for years, maybe that's why people don't comment or support us, they figure we'll be back!!!!
I actually got that comment from an acquaintance back in Aug: ANOTHER DIET? Super loud!
When she saw me recently I watched her look me up, down, and back up again and then turn away without a word. I've gotten lots of nice compliments from nice people.

RE: no comments
I had to admit I was still obese, even after losing 40, 50 lbs. If people weren't noticing, I figured it was because they were STILL seeing an obese person. I'm getting close. 5 lbs to "just overweight".
Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #19

Height: 5'7

I love the conversation today! You all are an inspiration!

MINI GOAL #1- Lose 20 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #2- Lose 40 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #3- Lose 60 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #4 - Lose 70 lbs
Old 03-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #20

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wow I love listening to all these success stories. I cannot wait to post my own soon.

Glovergirl: I hope your mom will start to see the great thing you are doing for yourself. Look how far you have come! I know how it is to have someone you love so much not understand or support what you are doing but it looks like you can find lots of people here to support you on your journey including me.

I have a question about eggs. How much protein is in one egg? Can you split your protein up from dinner into breakfast and lunch without any side effects? Anyone have a list of vegetables that they buy each week and quantities so I can get an idea before shopping?

GreatLakes86: where do buy your lettuce, what kind, how much?

Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #21
IP start 7/30/2012

Randygirl: You'll probably get a variety of answers to your question about what foods people buy. Tastes are all so different. Planning is key to determining how much you'll need.

Staple veggies I buy: celery, caluiflower, zucchini, mushrooms, spinach (add cukes when seasons change again) + romaine lettuce

Veggies I buy for recipes (stir fried veggies, soups, etc): leeks, cabbage (sometimes already shredded for slaw), broccoli slaw, bean sprouts, bell peppers, bok choy

Others I get for sides: asparagus, kale, rutabaga, turnips, broccoli

Google will become your friend for information.
You can find nutritional data for foods on this website http://nutritiondata.self.com/
Just type the food in the box at the top.

Many coaches allow proteins/veggies to be split
Old 03-30-2013, 12:19 PM   #22

S/C/G: 343/285/175

Height: 5'10"

I love reading all the success stories, and the NSVs, and all the positive comments. It is so helpful to have a place to come for the mental support that is desperately needed when doing this. Thank you all!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #23

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Wow I love listening to all these success stories. I cannot wait to post my own soon.

Glovergirl: I hope your mom will start to see the great thing you are doing for yourself. Look how far you have come! I know how it is to have someone you love so much not understand or support what you are doing but it looks like you can find lots of people here to support you on your journey including me.

I have a question about eggs. How much protein (6grams-ish) is in one egg? Can you split your protein up from dinner into breakfast and lunch without any side effects? Anyone have a list of vegetables that they buy each week and quantities so I can get an idea before shopping?

GreatLakes86: where do buy your lettuce, what kind, how much?

Thanks for all the help.

I don't know if it's some sort of fluke, but my losses seem to be greater since I started eating eggs. I'll make up kind of a scramble with zucchini, peppers and mushrooms with 3 eggs. Maybe someone else has some ideas on that?

MINI GOAL #1- Lose 20 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #2- Lose 40 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #3- Lose 60 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #4 - Lose 70 lbs

Last edited by ZOMBIEDAWN : 03-30-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #24
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 227.8/184.6/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Haven't had a ton of time to post lately, but maintenance is going well so far! It's definitely more work than P1, but I'm starting to settle into a rhythm. At least I know if things start to creep up, I always have P1 to get things back under control!

RE: Eggs - one egg is approximately the equivalent of 2oz meat protein. So if you want to split things up just subtract 2oz from your dinner protein for each egg you add. I did this numerous times in P1, sometimes when I felt I wanted a bigger breakfast I would add 1 egg to the omelet mix.

Congrats on all the scale and non-scale victories this week!!

REBOOT wk1: 7 lbs, -5"; wk2: 2.6lbs (no measuring tape!); wk3: 1.8lbs, -3.5"; wk4 2.6 lbs
Old 03-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #25

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

I need some help, I am making beef enchiladas for my family tonight and am trying to find a recipe for some type of wrap so I can make myself some OP enchiladas. I have read page after page of the recipes and cant find one. The search doesn't seem to be working for me either.
I am wondering if I can make a wrap from one of the omelet packages?

WI#1 -10.4 WI#2 -6 WI#3 -2.6 WI#4 -3 WI#5 -3 WI#6 -1.8 WI#7 -5.6 WI#8 -2 WI#9 -2.6 WI#10 -1.8 WI#11-2 WI#12 -6 WI#13 -2 WI#14 -.6 WI#15 nwi
WI#16 -3.7 WI#17 -2.2
Old 03-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #26
IP start 7/30/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
I need some help, I am making beef enchiladas for my family tonight and am trying to find a recipe for some type of wrap so I can make myself some OP enchiladas. I have read page after page of the recipes and cant find one. The search doesn't seem to be working for me either.
I am wondering if I can make a wrap from one of the omelet packages?
I just checked the search feature and it is, indeed working again
Have you thought about using romaine or Boston lettuce leaves?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Okay, so everything is in the oven, except for DH's potato dish (his job), off to take a shower and wait for guests to arrive! BTW, the turnip kugel smells awesome!

[font="Garamond"][size="2"]Mini-Goals:
#1 ONEderland
Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #28

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Randygirl, I buy pre-shredded iceberg at fred's. I usually buy 2 bags and that gets me through the week. I don't eat salad every night, but if I am having a hungrier day, I put whatever meat and veggies I've made on a bed of shredded iceberg (about half of a bag). I'm kind of lazy when it comes to washing lettuce and I like the texture of iceberg better than romaine. Personal preference, I guess.

If I know I'm going to be having a busy week, I'll buy the big tub (16oz) of "spring mix". I've been told that 3oz is about equivalent to 2 cups of select veggies. So I'll just saute up the whole tub with a bit of olive oil and some garlic and use that as a side dish for a few meals.

Right now in my fridge I've got some celery that I need to eat up and some red peppers and the iceberg. Cauliflower is a staple, but it is a bit pricier so I usually buy about one head per week and just enjoy it while I've got it.

Asparagus is on sale at Fred's right now and I might get some for dinner tonight. Love asparagus!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:03 PM   #29
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning! Getting ready for a relaxing day including an outing with hubby. He is starting phase 2 today after losing 170 lbs!! (I still have 15 lbs to go). I'm researching phase 3 breakfast ideas while enjoying my morning coffee :-)
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Happy weekend all, and congrats debrasb, what a wonderful accomplishment for you both! I am getting ready to go to Florida for a couple of weeks. We drive down and take my mother with us. My mom who is a size 4 has been lamenting about what we are going to eat! She came over for dinner last weekend and started in about my diet. I told her no one has to be on this diet but me. She said " you're the one suffering" I told her I'm not suffering, but she was kind of pouty and refused the lovely jello (aspartame free of course) that I made for dessert. anyway, love my mom, but she can be a challenge. I have bought pepperidge farm cookies for her to have in the backseat, maybe that will sweeten her up.
My weight loss has started to become very noticeable and I am so happy with my progress so far. I feel so much better than I did. For those of you just starting out it is so worth it to stick with it. Wishing everyone a happy op holiday weekend!
My mom was the same, i believe she was trying to be supportive but focused on all the things I couldn't have. When I visit she throws p her arms and says you cook for yourself because I don't know what to do. I remind her that I've been doing all the cooking when visiting her for years so I don't see why she ou'll think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Good morning all! Wow to Debra and DH!
Clover girl, love the cookie idea, lol! Just hold strong, remember, she might feel some guilt over you becoming overweight. Just be positive and she will follow.
Feeling very positive today, heading out to the grocery store to prepare for Easter dinner tonight. Found a nice side dish recipe on here that I'm going to serve up and not even mention that it's OP. DH will make his famous potato dish: laden with bacon and mayo, should be a good balance! I am making 2 small hams instead of one big one, any ideas on how to prepare an OP one? Was going to just put some garlic powder and WF syrup, but thought you guys would have something more creative?
I just saw a recipe that used Dijon mustard and cracked black pepper spread over the top.

My progress photos: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...ss-photos.html
Old 03-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #30

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Happy Weekend Everybody!

Thought I'd share my 4:00 pick-me-up:

"Nutella" Coffee = cup of decaf with 1 tablespoon WF Chocolate Syrup and 1 tablespoon sugar-free Torani Hazelnut Syrup
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.