Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #1  

Height: 5"2

Smile Snack ideas?

I'm fairly new to ideal protein and at night I get hungry. The dilemma is that I already had all of my three IP packets for the day, are there any suggestions to what I can make/have to eat? Thanks so much!!
Amanda Ontiveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Ontiveros View Post
I'm fairly new to ideal protein and at night I get hungry. The dilemma is that I already had all of my three IP packets for the day, are there any suggestions to what I can make/have to eat? Thanks so much!!
I'd save a packet if that is a hungry time.
Some folks use 2 egg whites as a 0/0/0 item (I bake with mine)
And, there is always lettuce! Big Romaine lettuce leaves.
And hot herbal tea

I usually have a packet for breakfast, one for lunch, early dinner, and a packet later in the evening. However sometimes I have a packet after work (I'm a teacher). Then I have a later dinner & no evening snack.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

The time you choose to have your snack will help you be disciplined with your eating habits. It is a big change for me to have only one snack per day. I have really learnt to sit down and enjoy the snack also. Maybe a salad of only lettuce may help you a bit. I find that herbal tea helps me a bit at night. It does get easier.
safetylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

I have found that I function best by dividing my meat portion and eating a IP product for breakfast, half my meat with 2 cups of veggies at lunch, an IP product as a late afternoon snack, the other half of my meat and 2 more cups of veggies at dinner, and an IP product as a snack before bed. And water water water allllllll day long. I usually eat my restricted as breakfast or as my afternoon snack.
GreatLakes86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #5  
Started Jan. 22. 2013

S/C/G: 373/359/273

Height: 5'7"

I do packet at breakfast, lunch and evening snack. Dinner is regular meat and veggies.
Keeping a packet for evening snack has saved me as well good old pickles....they help alot along with celery and cuccumber.
Good luck
Rachel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #6  

I definitely hold my restricted packet for the evening. I drink tea (my favorites are Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple or Bengal Spice) when I am hungry earlier in the day. I work with someone who is also doing IP and she says she struggles in the evenings, yet I see her eat the bars during the day. My coach wants me to try to finish eating by 8 pm, but I usually push it to 9 pm since I stay up until midnight. My evening snack is something I look forward to, and it keeps me on target with the program.

I have a packet at breakfast and one at lunch. I eat 2 oz of protein at lunch (on my salad) and 6 oz at dinner.

You have to play around with what will work for you.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:02 PM   #7  

Height: 5"2

Thanks everyone for all of the advice, it's really helpful and encouraging!
Amanda Ontiveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:57 PM   #8  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

I have to space out my meals to get me through long days. I usually have one packet for breakfast, half of my restricted snack mid morning, 4oz protein and 2 cups of veggies for lunch (most often a chicken salad), the other half of my restricted snack mid afternoon, the other 4oz protein and 2 cups of veggies for dinner and then my last packet for an evening snack. I drink a ton of water and enjoy herbal tea.
animallover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 PM   #9  
Started IP 01/31/13

S/C/G: 298/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Lots of water, glass of water with Mio (served in a nice wine glass), hot or iced tea, saving a packet for evening, an extra salad, and/or going to bed earlier. I use all the methods to avoid night time cravings. Being on program 100% and getting more sleep has helped - when I get tired I crave food.
Msbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

I like a decaf tea at night. Also if you are starting you may find a bit of the big C (Constipation). It gets a lot of talk around this forum!

I found Lee's Dieters Tea for Body Balance before bed was my saviour for the first month of IP. It helped me sleep better too. If you don't take care of the "big C" life on IP can be tough!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote