3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   So frustrated!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/278589-so-frustrated.html)

krisnchris1 03-28-2013 11:41 AM

So frustrated!!

I am so disappointed in myself. I lost 20 lbs last fall and since have gained it all back. I worked so hard to lose it and now here I am again. I said I would never weigh that much again. Arg!! I am so upset but I am starting the program again on Monday and hopefully this time I can keep it off!!

workingit50 03-28-2013 11:44 AM

I understand, I have done it several times in my life. Gained and lost and could not imagine I would not keep it off. Here I am again too.

Congrats on moving forward.

galpal445 03-29-2013 09:24 AM

I hear you! I have lost & regained a number of times in the past. The thing I am finally coming to realize is I really need to be looking at WHY I eat the way I eat and CHANGE it. If I lose the weight and then go right back to eating like I have always eaten, I will once again regain that weight. It is inevitable. So this time I need to figure out how to eat so I can maintain this weightloss. I'm hoping a Phase 4 style of eating along with exercise will be the ticket for me.

Good luck on your journey!

newday2013 03-29-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krisnchris1 (Post 4685216)
I am so disappointed in myself. I lost 20 lbs last fall and since have gained it all back. I worked so hard to lose it and now here I am again. I said I would never weigh that much again. Arg!! I am so upset but I am starting the program again on Monday and hopefully this time I can keep it off!!

Care to share what happened? That's my ultimate fear, that I go through all of this only to gain it all again...:?:

Roo2 03-29-2013 09:42 AM

:hug::hug: sorry to hear:hug:. You are human :hug: You should be Proud of yourself ..You got up and that's all that any of us can do...you have identified what you need to work on!! You have done the hardest
part already....just restart again..You may not realize what an Excellent example you are being to others right now .who are feeling too guilty and stuck to try again!
We only learn by our mistakes....and it sounds like you really learned a great deal.. Please don't beat yourself up:hug:
So your slip is helping the rest of us to have the courage to try again:D

Good Luck,am looking forward to following your progress:hug:

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Dream It ! :carrot: Claim It! :carrot: Achieve It! :carrot: Live It!:carrot:

gazelle 03-29-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo2 (Post 4686419)
:hug::hug: sorry to hear:hug:. You are human :hug: You should be Proud of yourself ..You got up and that's all that any of us can do...you have identified what you need to work on!! You have done the hardest
part already....just restart again..You may not realize what an Excellent example you are being to others right now .who are feeling too guilty and stuck to try again!
We only learn by our mistakes....and it sounds like you really learned a great deal.. Please don't beat yourself up:hug:
So your slip is helping the rest of us to have the courage to try again:D

Good Luck,am looking forward to following your progress:hug:

Roo2:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Dream It ! :carrot: Claim It! :carrot: Achieve It! :carrot: Live It!:carrot:

Wow Roo2! I loved what you just said! Such positive, motivating advice! I think we are all so hard on ourselves, that to hear what we really should be saying to ourselves is so nice to hear!

animallover 03-29-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Congratulations on your decision to start again!

kellycg102 03-29-2013 10:35 AM

It is disappointing, but you definitely not alone.! If I counted all the weight I have lost over the years and regained it would be hundreds. Come here, get support, don't beat yourself up and look forward. You can do it!

BeccaGrim 03-29-2013 10:39 AM

Oh hugs!! What happened?

RareBird 03-29-2013 10:55 AM

Great and motivational advice... and at least you caught yourself after 20 pounds! I hadn't done IP in the past, but I lost 105 pounds (high weight under my avatar), and then gained 45 back. I'm determined that this time will be THE TIME I loose all the weight and keep it off. We have the tools with IP and this forum as long as we use them and keep our focus. You can do it this time!

esammy12 03-29-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

I hear you krisnchris1. I did this program 2 years ago and didn't stick with it. I started at 203 and lost 18 lbs. and 3 dress sizes in 10 weeks (I'm a slow loser of weight, but a fast loser of inches) and since then, I've gained back all the weight plus an additional 16 lbs. So here I am again, profoundly ready to do this for the last time. I started this morning. Best of luck to you, this program really does work.

JenRem 03-29-2013 09:32 PM

krisnchris1 -

You're right, it's a bummer when you've worked hard and now have to do it again! Even Oprah has lost weight and gained some back and look at all the financial advantages she has available to her.
Something to focus on is that you've done this before, therefore you KNOW you can do it again.

I would take the time you spend losing this weight to really consider where things went wrong and what you could've/should've done differently to have been able to stay at your goal. Let this be a learnig process for you!
Also, you might start "lurking" on the Maintenance Thread and see if you can pick up some great advice from the IP'ers who are currently at goal and making the life choices necessary to keep themselves there. Just and idea!

I wish you the Best of Luck! :) Jen

putenpie 03-30-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

I know that feeling, I have been in the same boat. I was on IP 2 years ago lost 34lbs but gained it all back. Am back at it 8 weeks in lost 16lbs. Am trying to do this as a lifestyle change so after IP I know am not going back to that lifestyle that failed me. Going to keep tracking one day at a time am sure I'll get there.