Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
That seems to happen with me in cycles, but I haven't connected it with anything--like TOM, changes in food, etc. But every now and them I feel like I could just eat, eat, eat and I have hunger pangs. I just wait it out--hot beverages help me. I wish I could find some pattern.
Thanks so much (and to lisa32989 too!) for letting me know that I'm not crazy. My coach had no clue what to make of my hunger other than to say that the last 15 pounds might be super hard since I haven't been this weight since high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
BTW, love your blog and thanks for the great recipes. I have the site bookmarked. I have a packet of dark chocolate pudding sitting out beside my blender so I can have my Frosty-style drink later!
Thank you so much for letting me know you like it! It's been a good creative outlet for me during IP, and it means so much to get feedback.

My latest packet obsession is a vanilla drink mix with added vanilla extract (alcohol free of course) and a dash of peppermint extract. Blend up with lots of ice. So good.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #47  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

randygrl

Debrasb - I do seem to get hungry more often now.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

My latest packet obsession is a vanilla drink mix with added vanilla extract (alcohol free of course) and a dash of peppermint extract. Blend up with lots of ice. So good.[/QUOTE]

This sounds delicious almost like a shamrock shake *must try*...lol
Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 256.8/255.2/155

Height: 5'6''

NSV last night... Bought three dresses a few weeks ago for an upcoming occasion, tried them on, and they're all too big now. Irritated that i have to return them, but so happy at the same time! Guess i learned my shopping lesson (wait until a little closer to the event). I guess i'll just have to calm my over-preparedness and hope i can find something last minute!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP190 View Post
Hey guys! Easter is coming up and the temptation is going to be bad this year! I'm in SE Texas again and this part of my family does everything cajun-style! Can I eat crawfish on this diet? There MAY be grilled chicken there, but I know there won't be any greens (I'll have to bring my own!).
This will be the first Easter in over 25 years that there will be no jelly bean, peeps or choc. in our house. Both myself and my future daughter inlaw are on Ideal Protein and neither of us want to sway. Won't be having any sweetbread either, which has been an Easter tradition. The sweetbread will be in the house for my hubby and son.

I want to lose this weight and am spending way to much effort and cash to allow Easter to get in the way. I will tell myself that, 100 times then click my heels and hope for the best.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #51  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
The first thing I want to say about this website and all the wonderfule people who put so much information and encouragement out there to share. WOW!! I have been reading posts on different threads especially regarding the IP diet and am just amazed at all the gals and gents who have information, tips, and so much encouragement to offer to newbies and oldies alike. What a great website and a great bunch people out there.

Okay now a little about me. I just turned 30 last December and hate the way I feel and look. I have not always been overweight, but definately most of my adult life. It started my freshman year in college, when I gained the freshman 15 from bad food and too much beer. Then I met my husband and lost all the weight for our wedding. Six months later got pregnant with baby number 1. Boy did the pounds come on and of course never left my body. Five years later got pregnant with baby number 2 and even more pounds came on. I am too young to feel so old and hate my body the way that I do. I want to feel energized to play with my children and want to set a good example for them. I also am working on finishing my nursing degree and need to be healthy and strong for the work that will be ahead of me and want to also set a healthy example for my patients.

I will be going in on Friday March 29, 2013 to meet my coach, weigh in, and measure before starting the IP diet. I will not officially start until Monday April 1, 2013 to get me past the Easter holiday and give myself a couple days to prepare my meals for the first week. I am so looking forward to watching the pounds come off and my real self come out. I will definately be on this site alot for tips, recipes, and questions. I know that I will be successful and want to share my success with someone who can take my story and make theirs too.

Goodbye for now and Happy Easter this Sunday.

My height is 5' 2.5", my current weight is 203, and my BMI weight should be 125. I have 78 to go.
That's the same thing I did, signed up before the long weekend and started after. I told my coach I had to get rid of all the good food first. I started with a determination to make this succeed. The first week was a bit difficult, but after that things have gone well. Welcome to your last diet. Stick around for encouragement and
advice.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #52  
Start IP 2/23/13

S/C/G: 187.6/141.5/130

Height: 5ft 2

Happy Thursday! Sounds like some great losses this week!
I have had a crazy week with going out of town for 3 days for the first time since started, and was so proud of myself for staying OP! However, woke up during the night with a stomach bug, and now I'm struggling! All I want is some soup and crackers. Nothing else sounds good, as I'm still pretty queasy. I had the oatmeal for breakfast, and chicken noodle soup for lunch. No veggies buck the thought just made me nauseous.
Anybody have any ideas?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Thanks so much. You know I really had been super focused on being done by the end of April, which is definitely not going to happen. I will take your advice and stop thinking dates, and try to just focus on staying OP and overall success.
I definitely needed to hear this. I had gotten used to losing 2 - 3 lbs per week and the last two weeks I have (beware of the 4 letter word) "only" lost 1 lb each week. I'm just finishing my 10th week and just thought it should be more/better. I don't know what the issue is. Anyway, I just need to do what I know works (the sheet) and get out of my own head!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #54  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinkets75 View Post
Happy Thursday! Sounds like some great losses this week!
I have had a crazy week with going out of town for 3 days for the first time since started, and was so proud of myself for staying OP! However, woke up during the night with a stomach bug, and now I'm struggling! All I want is some soup and crackers. Nothing else sounds good, as I'm still pretty queasy. I had the oatmeal for breakfast, and chicken noodle soup for lunch. No veggies buck the thought just made me nauseous.
Anybody have any ideas?
If you're able to muster the energy you can make a veggie puree and mix it with the soup. That'll get you the vegetables without having to eat them as a solid. It'll make the soups creamier so that might be a little more soothing.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #55  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

randygrl - WELCOME and thanks for sharing a little about yourself! Have a nice Easter weekend; kind of your last hurrah! Sounds like you are more than ready to begin on Monday. Good Luck and we are all here for ya!

De11s - you did have a chaotic weekend, phew!!! It's a bummer that Applebee's messed up your order so bad. My DH and I eat there about once a week and have the 2 for $20 deal. We both get the 7oz Sirloin and instead of potato/rice get a 2nd serving of broccoli - so lots of steamed broccoli! The deal comes with a appetizer so we always get the buffalo wings to go and he takes it to work the next day for his small staff to eat. We never have problems. Maybe try them again sometime.
Great job on your WL despite all the craziness!

safetylady - I know you can do it, just go into the day with 100% determination and you will succeed. If you get tempted, remind yourself that all those Easter treats will be available next year, so it's not like you will never be able to have that kind of thing again!

Trinkets75 - when you're sick, just do the best you can. It's tough, but know that this too will pass! Hope you feel better soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be at Whistler BC, Canada until Saturday. My DH and I went on a nice short hike to Rainbow Falls (about a mile). Normally, if there was fresh snow we would've used our snow shoes. Today, beautiful and sunny so there was only packed snow on the trail. We still had a great time and used our trekking poles. We will hit the slopes tomorrow! Jen
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #56  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

I was totally busted today.. In walmart to get some last minute easter basket stuff for my kids.. My girlfriend had a bag of cadburys mini chocolate eggs..these are my absolute favorites..she opened it and for some crazy impulsive reason I reached in and grabbed a few. I popped them in my mouth and stood there savoring the taste, suddenly I hear someone clear their throat behind me, I turned around and it was my coach!!! can you believe it? I felt like a kid caught with her hand in the cookie jar! Of course I stood there stammering, I honestly didn't know what to say..she just smiled, wished me a happy easter and went on her way. Of course my girlfriend laughed all the way home!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #57  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Yeah, I have a ticker ...you know what that means? I have been doing IP for 20 days! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
My latest packet obsession is a vanilla drink mix with added vanilla extract (alcohol free of course) and a dash of peppermint extract. Blend up with lots of ice. So good.
Quote:
This sounds delicious almost like a shamrock shake *must try*...lol
I have kept meaning to do this, and forgetting/being lazy and just grabbing a RTD! I'm now motivated to try it tonight for my evening snack.

Where have you found alcohol free mint flavoring? I have only seen vanilla alcohol free in the grocery store. Do you order it online or is it available where you live? I'd love a brand name, if you'd be so kind.

I have some mint flavoring and am thinking I will use it knowing that it has a small amount of alcohol in it and just be conscious of how much I use and how often I indulge in a "shamrock shake".

Last edited by GreatLakes86; 03-28-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that I'm pretty hungry -- definitely more than I was earlier in the program (I'm 7 months in). Anyone had this? I'm drinking all of my water and haven't changed anything with my foods.
I am always hungry. Sometimes I think it's mental, other times my stomach is growling. I was always hungry before.....I do have PCOS and hypothyroidism.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #60  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

anybody know if we can have pepperoni?
Closed Thread