Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Thank you cheekyskeeter, mquinn106 and shoedive . You all know how to make a girl feel great . So WI went well, down 2.4 and 7 1/2". I take it! A loss is a loss.

Congrats to everyone on their WI's and NSV!! Cheers to a wonderful weekend
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

How often do you use smooth move tea?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #33  
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

Spiritman - love those WL numbers, us women are a little envious

Jeaner - you are welcome. I'm glad you are in this for the long haul!

mrskuby - Congrats on the -1.2 lbs loss. You will still lose the fat while gaining the muscle. It's just that you don't see the same results on the scale as someone who is not exercising. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are losing fat and gaining muscle, there will be a smaller "loss, ie difference" of weight on the scale. Just two different ways to approach IP. If you can "handle" the smaller loss number weekly, just remind yourself that it is because you're building those muscles - a very positive thing! Even though it will take more time to reach goal, I believe you'll be very happy with your results (tone body) when you get there!

Happymomof2 - So happy for you! Maybe you should move the tissue box so its within reach of the scale for future WI's!
I agree that this site and everything it encompasses is priceless!

IP190 - I think you can have crawfish, but not positive. Any IP gurus out there who can chime in?
You can do Easter 100% OP. You just have to decide before you get there. Take along plenty of IP packets to give you variety to pick from. Bring all your own veggies, etc. If it ends up that you can't have anything that your family has made - you will survive. It's not like you'll NEVER have these foods again. You are just choosing to not have them NOW and you can have them when you get to maintenance. Try to learn how to go to these events (family or socially) and TRULY focus on the visiting and celebrating with others. We don't have to make these events be about food, even if others do. Good Luck! You can do it!

Saltykisses - WELCOME
It won't be long before you're inspiring others, you just wait and see!

DannaA - nice WI. Congrats on 23 lbs gone forever! Isn't it great when you start feeling less self conscious about how your clothes are fitting?!?

shoediva - Sam, I don't drink the EAS advantEDGE shakes. For breakfast, I drink the Premier choc drinks from Costco and they have 30 grams of protein. Sometimes, I feel a little hungy before lunch. I think it depends on how "distracted" I am. So, if I'm working and busy I don't notice as much, whereas if I'm home and lounging around then I do. I think it might just have to do with the fact that liquids digest faster than solids. On the mornings I am feeling hungry, I just start munching on my raw veggies sooner that I have for lunch.

tallgirl231 - Congrats on the NSV - it's so nice when friends start noticing the changes! Wow, 21 lbs - WTG!
I think learning to be "satisfied" when you order a meal at a restaurant that is IP, which also = healthy and not feel mad/sad/disappointed that you didn't get to have the bread, potato, dessert, etc is a NSV in itself. When we get to maintenance, we are going to have to learn to make choices and not have ALL the extra goodies, unless it's on our cheat day.

*We all need to realize and accept the fact that we CAN'T go back to our eating habits we had before IP or we WILL gain the weight back and probably more! As hard as this concept is to accept, the sooner we (and I'm speaking to myself here as much as anyone else lol) do, the sooner we can start focusing on maintenance and the changes we need to make in all aspects of our lives to be successful. Many IP'ers who are have met goal and are maintaining will concur that however hard it is to lose the weight, the REAL work begins when you get to maintenance and have to work to keep it off! Good Luck to us ALL!

safetylady - You are 2/3 of the way to goal - AWESOME!

Lizzeelee - Nice numbers lost..... Congrats!

Payg05 - I love that you are learning what you need to do to, so that you can be 100%. Great NSV, going to a fast food restaurant and making an OP food choice; I know that's not easy! WTG!

Debrasb - way to merge the two worlds and for coming up with recipes that allowed you to stay OP and give everyone a healthier (and still delicious) meal in the process. So, not only you but everyone benefits! How cool is that!
Hang in there - you can do this 15 pounds. My advice is to not give yourself a deadline. So, don't say "I hope that by May 21 I'm at goal" (or whatever date). Ultimately, you will get there when you get there, so don't stress over that. Instead, use the time to learn more about yourself and how you plan to adapt to maintenace so you can keep this weight off FOREVER! And learn to love yourself in the process and give yourself a lot of grace!

Canadiandieter - I think it's a great loss; take it and run with it!

~ Jen

Last edited by JenRem; 03-28-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Debrasb - way to merge the two worlds and for coming up with recipes that allowed you to stay OP and give everyone a healthier (and still delicious) meal in the process. So, not only you but everyone benefits! How cool is that!
Hang in there - you can do this 15 pounds. My advice is to not give yourself a deadline. So, don't say "I hope that by May 21 I'm at goal" (or whatever date). Ultimately, you will get there when you get there, so don't stress over that. Instead, use the time to learn more about yourself and how you plan to adapt to maintenace so you can keep this weight off FOREVER! And learn to love yourself in the process and give yourself a lot of grace!

~ Jen
Thanks so much. You know I really had been super focused on being done by the end of April, which is definitely not going to happen. I will take your advice and stop thinking dates, and try to just focus on staying OP and overall success.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #35  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Hi All -- No time to read right now, but I wanted to share that I did a dumb thing last night and did not have all my protein. We went to Ci Ci's Pizza for dinner (my son's pick for a good report card), and I was relegated to the salad bar. Well, the pickings were so poor, that I barely had anything to mix the hard boiled eggs in that I brought. Not being a hard boiled egg fan, I stopped a bit short of having the whole allotment. I'm pretty sure I did not get all the veggies in either as all they had that was OP were cucumbers. Anyway, today I feel shaky and icky -- like I haven't eaten in days. I put a few egg whites into my salad at lunch and had my restricted bar, too, in order to try to get back on track.

Just wanted to remind everyone: Have all that you're supposed to have. Lesson learned.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:50 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Hi All -- No time to read right now, but I wanted to share that I did a dumb thing last night and did not have all my protein. We went to Ci Ci's Pizza for dinner (my son's pick for a good report card), and I was relegated to the salad bar. Well, the pickings were so poor, that I barely had anything to mix the hard boiled eggs in that I brought. Not being a hard boiled egg fan, I stopped a bit short of having the whole allotment. I'm pretty sure I did not get all the veggies in either as all they had that was OP were cucumbers. Anyway, today I feel shaky and icky -- like I haven't eaten in days. I put a few egg whites into my salad at lunch and had my restricted bar, too, in order to try to get back on track.

Just wanted to remind everyone: Have all that you're supposed to have. Lesson learned.
The fact that you went to Ci Ci's Pizza and stayed at the salad bar makes me smile for you. But, I'm sorry that your feeling icky today.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #37  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
How often do you use smooth move tea?
I only use it when needed, which is typically once every 2-3 weeks.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 PM   #38  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post

mrskuby - Congrats on the -1.2 lbs loss. You will still lose the fat while gaining the muscle. It's just that you don't see the same results on the scale as someone who is not exercising. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are losing fat and gaining muscle, there will be a smaller "loss, ie difference" of weight on the scale. Just two different ways to approach IP. If you can "handle" the smaller loss number weekly, just remind yourself that it is because you're building those muscles - a very positive thing! Even though it will take more time to reach goal, I believe you'll be very happy with your results (tone body) when you get there!

~ Jen
Thanks Jen, I am prepared to gain a bit when I first start...hopefully I will see my measurements/clothing sizes continue to drop no matter what the scale says!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post

Don't you hate it when restaurants can't even do a decent salad bar? You did great resisting temptations! Make sure you eat really yummy lean protein tonight and all of your veggies and you'll be feeling better in no time!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Wink First Post and Introduction from Fairbanks, Alaska.

The first thing I want to say about this website and all the wonderfule people who put so much information and encouragement out there to share. WOW!! I have been reading posts on different threads especially regarding the IP diet and am just amazed at all the gals and gents who have information, tips, and so much encouragement to offer to newbies and oldies alike. What a great website and a great bunch people out there.

Okay now a little about me. I just turned 30 last December and hate the way I feel and look. I have not always been overweight, but definately most of my adult life. It started my freshman year in college, when I gained the freshman 15 from bad food and too much beer. Then I met my husband and lost all the weight for our wedding. Six months later got pregnant with baby number 1. Boy did the pounds come on and of course never left my body. Five years later got pregnant with baby number 2 and even more pounds came on. I am too young to feel so old and hate my body the way that I do. I want to feel energized to play with my children and want to set a good example for them. I also am working on finishing my nursing degree and need to be healthy and strong for the work that will be ahead of me and want to also set a healthy example for my patients.

I will be going in on Friday March 29, 2013 to meet my coach, weigh in, and measure before starting the IP diet. I will not officially start until Monday April 1, 2013 to get me past the Easter holiday and give myself a couple days to prepare my meals for the first week. I am so looking forward to watching the pounds come off and my real self come out. I will definately be on this site alot for tips, recipes, and questions. I know that I will be successful and want to share my success with someone who can take my story and make theirs too.

Goodbye for now and Happy Easter this Sunday.

My height is 5' 2.5", my current weight is 203, and my BMI weight should be 125. I have 78 to go.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

What great WI's and NSV reports today!!! Congratulations to all!!! So glad we all have each other here. My sister and her husband were here over the weekend and between that and my Dad in the hospital for 4 days and my 6 yr old granddaughter's slumber party Fri night and Family party on Sunday. Lots of pizza and cake..I avoided it all. But missed a few IP packets. Then went to lunch Monday with my sister, her husband, our dad and step mom. We were at Applebee's so I ordered a 9oz sirloin med rare and asked for steamed broccoli with no butter or oil, and a salad with cucumbers only. I got maybe a 6oz steak med well and broccoli smothered in garlic butter and the correct salad. I mentioned the steak and chose to keep it, we were short on time so I ate the broccoli anyway also mentioning it to the waitress. Was so frustrated.
WI yesterday and down 1.4 lbs and 2.75 inches despite my crazy week. Take that APPLEBEE'S!!!
Sorry for the long post just needed to vent... feeling much better now
Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
The first thing I want to say about this website and all the wonderfule people who put so much information and encouragement out there to share. WOW!! I have been reading posts on different threads especially regarding the IP diet and am just amazed at all the gals and gents who have information, tips, and so much encouragement to offer to newbies and oldies alike. What a great website and a great bunch people out there.

Okay now a little about me. I just turned 30 last December and hate the way I feel and look. I have not always been overweight, but definately most of my adult life. It started my freshman year in college, when I gained the freshman 15 from bad food and too much beer. Then I met my husband and lost all the weight for our wedding. Six months later got pregnant with baby number 1. Boy did the pounds come on and of course never left my body. Five years later got pregnant with baby number 2 and even more pounds came on. I am too young to feel so old and hate my body the way that I do. I want to feel energized to play with my children and want to set a good example for them. I also am working on finishing my nursing degree and need to be healthy and strong for the work that will be ahead of me and want to also set a healthy example for my patients.

I will be going in on Friday March 29, 2013 to meet my coach, weigh in, and measure before starting the IP diet. I will not officially start until Monday April 1, 2013 to get me past the Easter holiday and give myself a couple days to prepare my meals for the first week. I am so looking forward to watching the pounds come off and my real self come out. I will definately be on this site alot for tips, recipes, and questions. I know that I will be successful and want to share my success with someone who can take my story and make theirs too.

Goodbye for now and Happy Easter this Sunday.

My height is 5' 2.5", my current weight is 203, and my BMI weight should be 125. I have 78 to go.
You can do it!!!! I am so excited to watch your progress!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Wow congrats on all the awesome losses this week! Hope everyone has a safe and awesome Easter weekend
Old 03-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that I'm pretty hungry -- definitely more than I was earlier in the program (I'm 7 months in). Anyone had this? I'm drinking all of my water and haven't changed anything with my foods.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #44  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed that I'm pretty hungry -- definitely more than I was earlier in the program (I'm 7 months in). Anyone had this? I'm drinking all of my water and haven't changed anything with my foods.

That seems to happen with me in cycles, but I haven't connected it with anything--like TOM, changes in food, etc. But every now and them I feel like I could just eat, eat, eat and I have hunger pangs. I just wait it out--hot beverages help me. I wish I could find some pattern.

BTW, love your blog and thanks for the great recipes. I have the site bookmarked. I have a packet of dark chocolate pudding sitting out beside my blender so I can have my Frosty-style drink later!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
I've been OP since Aug. Happens to me on & off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaner View Post
JenRem and others that are helping me try to figure out my disappointing and confusing first weigh-in.....I reviewed JenRem's last post from 3/27.
My weight was compared to the clinic's first weigh-in. I do think my age might come into play here (pretty close to 64), as the fact that I have been on numerous diets, not always successful or long term. It has been only in the last few months I have actually been eating really bad stuff, usually tried to stick to pretty healthy stuff....just too much of it. Water, usually was 32 to 48 oz before diet. I think I was overdoing it on the salt....when roasting veggies this past week I was also using celery salt...it even tasted salty to me...which is hard to do (ha-ha....love salt!).
But all in all....my clothes are fitting better, and I don't feel as bloated. Also I know my scale is changing...and that is the scale I will be living with after this diet, so that will be the numbers I will be using on my ticker, etc.
I really don't want any other newbies to be swayed by my weird weigh-in. I really think it is a fluke. I might not be breaking records in the loss department...but any downward trend is what I want.
I also want to mention that blue jeans don't give good measurements, but that is what I started with...and what I usually wear.
Also had 2 different consultants for the two appointments!
Did the 2 coaches weigh you on the same scale or different scales?
Closed Thread