IP Daily Chat Thursday 3/28/2013

You're on Page 5 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: anybody know if we can have pepperoni?
    simple answer. Is it on the P1 sheet?
    It isn't.
    Pepperoni is pretty high fat.
  • Quote: If you're able to muster the energy you can make a veggie puree and mix it with the soup. That'll get you the vegetables without having to eat them as a solid. It'll make the soups creamier so that might be a little more soothing.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Veggie purée worked great! I had some frozen zucchini, broccoli, & cauliflower. Made chicken soup out of my stock of home canned chicken, puree the veggies with some broth from soup. Made noodles on the side for the rest of the family, and it was really good! In fact, I think I found a new way to sneak some veggies into them
    Thanks for the tip! Feeling better now.
  • Thank you for the welcome!
    Thank you all for the welcome and encouragement! I am quite excited to get started and have been scribbling notes and questions like crazy for my coach tomorrow. I will be chatting with you all soon.
    Does anyone know of someone else on this site who lives here in Fairbanks, Alaska?
  • I do!
  • Great lakes
    How long have you been on IP? Any suggestions or tips?
  • So, after losing an average of 7# the first 3 weeks, today was only 2.8. Very discouraging. But I talked with my coach about my week and she came to the conclusion I was in starvation and storing fat. My fat% went up, my lean mass went down. So, on days I work dayshift, up at 4am, I will be taking in 5 proteins to eat every 4 hours. See how this goes on Friday.
  • I've been doing it for 9 weeks now and I've lost 24.75 lbs.

My big suggestions are to plan ahead on the veggies, but if you get in a bind, both Safeway and Freddy's have salad bars and you can get on plan veggies there. The clinic is the only place in town that I've seen the individually packaged WF dressings. I try to balance my veggies in terms of carbs and price...when peppers go on sale (2 for 3 bucks right now at Freds!) I get those....cauliflower is a nice treat....I buy mixed greens because they are usually cheaper. And the allowable root veggies like turnips and rutabagas are cheaper, too.

Since meat is more expensive here than other parts of the country, I do a lot of eggs as protein. I'm a big fan of breakfast for dinner...4 oz of ground turkey cooked with sage, garlic powder, black pepper and a drizzle of WF syrup and 2 eggs plus some sauteed spinach is a go-to meal for me.

I have it a bit easier because I'm usually cooking for just myself or a very supportive friend. I add in a carb for him and he eats whatever protein and veggies I'm having.

If you haven't tried the Big Mac in a Bowl...do it. You can cook the ground beef ahead of time and everything else comes together really quickly after a day at work. Same thing with seasoning the meat with taco seasoning and having it as a taco salad. And the crockpot has been great, too. Put in a roast or a whole chicken and come home to enough meat for a couple of meals. I'm a big fan of chicken "fajitas" with mexican seasoned chicken and red/orange peppers over a bed of shredded lettuce with some WF Ranch and Frank's Red Hot sauce.

Hope that gives you some ideas....anything in particular you are wondering about? It seems like our clinic is a good one compared to many of the horror stories I've heard here.