That's it, I did it...

• I changed my goal weight from 140 down to 130. As of this morning, I was 144 lbs and my body just isn't the way I want it to be yet. I think going down to 130 will get me to where I want to really be.

So you all are stuck with me for at least another 14 lbs
  • You have to listen to your body, I firmly believe it will always tell you what you need. And 'stuck with you'? lol think you have that backwards dear, your stuck with us!
  • Suchawittygirl, I think it's important to hang in there until you phase out at the weight you really feel good about. After all, we've put a fair amount of effort into this process - and I believe we're more apt to maintain successfully when we're truly happy with our achievement. When we really like what we see in the mirror, and how we feel, and want to work hard to stay that way! So - congrats! Keep on truckin'. I did exactly the same as you back in early January, and now I'm in Maintenance. The time will fly by.
  • You're doing great! The number on the scale is just that....a number. We need to be happy with what we see everyday in the mirror.
  • Quote: I changed my goal weight from 140 down to 130. As of this morning, I was 144 lbs and my body just isn't the way I want it to be yet. I think going down to 130 will get me to where I want to really be.

So you all are stuck with me for at least another 14 lbs
    I totally can relate, I'm 4lbs from my
    Goal but I think I would be happier if I can
    lose maybe 9 more. So I'm thinking
    of changing my goal of 125 to 120.
    For my height it's still reasonable,
    The charts say as low as 108 but that's
    just scary to me! Think 120 would work.
    I'll really decide when I get to my original
    goal!! and go from there.
    Ok Good luck!! We're with ya!

D
  • Whatever you decide we're glad to be "stuck" with you Keep it up (or down!)
  • I did the same thing recently. My original goal was 134 but I was feeling that I just wasn't where I wanted to be yet. I moved my goal down a bit, and also started bringing exercise back into my daily routine. I figure I won't lose as quickly (not that I was losing all that quickly recently anyway!) but it's working for me in that I'm feeling a lot better.

I agree that after all this work we should keep at it until we're really where we want to be!
  • Glad you made the decision to change your goal weight before phasing off.
    I reached goal at the end of 1/31/13, and decided that I was not where I wanted to be.....so here I am. ..losing the last bit of weight before phasing off.

In the end we all need to figure out what we think is success for us .....then go for it!
    Roo2
  • You all are such a great support system! It really makes this lifestyle change so much more enjoyable
  • Did the same thing today, changed my goal from 140 to 135. That is the weight that I feel wonderful at and that my size 8 clothes fit right.

Week four starts todya ----here we go!!!!!!!!!
  • suchawittygal -

What do you mean??? We better be stuck with you "always". So, even when you hit goal (whatever number that ends up being), you still need to be here on 3FC. At the bare minimum you need to be hanging out on the Maintainers Thread!

Here's to finding that magic number for yourself - when you can be the happiest in your own skin!
    Jen