Exercise-1st week

• I started IP on Monday and I have done great so far. I miss my exercise though. When did you start putting working out back in your routine?
  • Quote: I started IP on Monday and I have done great so far. I miss my exercise though. When did you start putting working out back in your routine?
    There are numerous threads on exercise in Phase 1. I did not exercise until a few weeks before phasing off, IP was designed to be done WITHOUT exercise. A few things you need to understand if you DO choose to add exercise after the first few weeks:

- it will NOT improve your results.

- it will likely cause your losses to slow down a bit (many people understand that is the trade-off when you are losing weight on IP but are happy to take the lower losses because they love the exercise)

- you absolutely must add an extra packet right after exercise. IP does not have us eating enough calories in Phase 1 to support muscle recovery after exercise, so you need to replace what you burned off.

Your body needs to adjust to the lower calories and being in ketosis before you throw exercise at it as well, so it's usually safer to wait until after week 3 or 4. It's also not recommended to do any intense cardio, just stretching, slow strength training, and low intensity exercise.
  • Thanks. I'm new to this forum and haven't played around on it too much. I will definitely read some post first. Guess I will opt out of exercise and get caught up on some pinterest projects : )