Best site/app for food tracking?

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • KitKat169 how do you like your FitBit? Which one did you get? I have been researching all these things, but haven't bought one yet. Looks like the FitBit I would like the most.
  • Quote: I thought I'd give My Net Diary a try (because I'm not thrilled with MFP), and I like the look of it... but it looks like I can't customize carb/fat/protein percentages (which isn't very helpful in Phase 1 of IP) unless I upgrade to a paying membership. Is this true, or am I missing something?
    You can customize MFP nutrition online (link).

I currently have mine set up with the following information:
    Net Calories - 900
    Carbs - 15%
    Protein - 50%
    Fat - 35%
  • Quote: You can customize MFP nutrition online (link).

I currently have mine set up with the following information:
    Net Calories - 900
    Carbs - 15%
    Protein - 50%
    Fat - 35%
    Thanks. I actually did figure out how to adjust the values in MFP. My info is similar... I just have carbs set at 20% and fat set at 30% (I can't figure out how I could get down to 15% carbs! 20% is tough for me). I also added fiber to what I track so I can subtract fiber from carbs for net carbs. What I don't like about MFP is that it doesn't remember my foods... no matter how many times I save them, and they often don't appear in most recent either, so I have to keep looking up the same foods. I guess it isn't a huge deal, because I like everything else... it's just time consuming to have to keep looking up the same foods... and hard to remember which entry I used sometimes for consistency.
  • Quote: I've learned how to search for new items to find the non-user added ingredients, which are the most accurate. User error frequently results in the inaccuracies.
    You can't just drop that in here without telling us how! Incorrect user entries drive me bonkers!
  • Ignore my post all, I'm posting now so I can find this Thread down the road.

At this time I don't have a smartphone. In fact, all my friends like to tease me and tell me I have a stupidphone. I don't really enjoy new technology or mostly when things go wrong with it and my non-computer brain doesn't have a clue how to fix the problem. However, I plan sometime soon to get a smartphone and join the rest of the civilized world so that I can use it for one of these apps. Thanks for the Thread. I will definately go thru it when I have a smartphone and am ready to pick an app to use.

I really appreciate peoples viewpoints on what they'd choose regardless of which app they are using currently. Jen