3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/26/2013

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #46

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitandfabfrog View Post
After a good WI again yesterday, I am even MORE motivated to stay 100% OP...love seeing the results and cannot wait to get past the 160 block I have always had...hopefully in 2 more weeks I will be back in the 150s!

Seems like temptations are everywhere, but finding a way to be prepared has helped me get through all of them so far. It is such an exhilarating feeling to be strong even when everyone else is eating something you can't!

My hardest temptation so far has been FRUIT. I want it so bad !! I hope I will be done and on maintenance when all the fruit comes into season this summer.
Wow 150's, I haven't been there since right after high school. I have always been a huge fluctuator on the weight. So for your fruit craving have you had any rhubarb yet? This does it for me. I put frozen rhubarb on stove with some fresh ginger cut up really small and a couple tablespoons of water. I add cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, and some stevia or splenda and cook until it's all broken down. Then I add wf syrup if it is still too tart. Great fruity feeling snack for me anyway. Way to stay strong.

Just starting packing and deciding what food items to bring. I kind of want to pack my coconut oil and stevia. Thinking about all the stuff my mom won't have. I know I am not going to be maintaining 100%, but the thought of not having some of my staples is also a little scary. I can't see me going a whole week without roasting some cabbage or cauliflower. Although will have to wait till my dad is out of the house he can't stand the smell. Hard to believe he did IP on mushrooms, peppers, green beans, and asparagus. That's it! And the majority was the mushrooms.

So today I got my height measured and am half an inch taller than I had guessed at when I started. I know as a teenager I was close to 5 foot 10, but also know I have shrunk a bit. Guess not as much as I thought. So that's good news as it brings me much closer to a non overweight bmi. Still some work to do though.

Congrats to all the people with good weigh ins and good luck to those heading to one.

Last edited by ladylunk : 03-26-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #47
iKande

S/C/G: 209/209/150

Height: 5'2

The start of day 4 and I couldn't resist getting on the scale. I am happy to say I am 4 pounds down!! This program really works! Thanks so much for all your stories, support and motivation.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #48
IP- a journey; not a race

S/C/G: 245/188/168

Height: 5'4" 41yo

mylast diet - from post very early this morning but on yesterdays Thread.
WELCOME BACK - WTG on 8 lb loss on 1st WI ; that is Awesome !!!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKande03 View Post
The start of day 4 and I couldn't resist getting on the scale. I am happy to say I am 4 pounds down!! This program really works! Thanks so much for all your stories, support and motivation.
WTG! I know how important seeing the change on the scale matters the first week when you are feeling so miserable "detoxing" from carb city. You NEED that motivation to justify continuing on. Hope that 4 lbs loss continues to grow at your first official WI. Good Luck!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #50
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Love just keepin' on keepin' on!
Good Luck with your WI.
Did you have a 4rth packet over the weekend when you did extra physical work? It's important for your muscles!
I did, actually. Thanks for checking on me! I really had to force it in, though, and then, after, I felt so full -- I didn't like it. That's kind of amazing, because just 7 weeks ago, I was eating at least 3 times what I am eating now -- and much worse food -- and thought nothing of it.

My arms are still aching today. That doesn't mean I should have another extra packet, though, does it?

Thanks again~

MrsKuby -- Good to see you! I have noticed your absence. Good for you on starting your workouts and getting your head straight first.

NO GRIT, NO PEARL.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
My arms are still aching today. That doesn't mean I should have another extra packet, though, does it?
I don't think so.....I'd say no, but I will defer the question to one of the IP gurus.
However, if today or any other day you are still feeling hungy, but have had all your daily protocol food - I know that people will have a little extra protein, like egg whites, etc. Jen
Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #52
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

ladylunk: Thanks for the idea. In the past I have tried rhubarb and hated it but now my tastes have changed so maybe I will try again!

iKande03: Isn't it awesome to feel like you are going to succeed! Way to go!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #53
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Ladylunk -- You must have read my mind as I have some frozen rhubarb that I have been wanting to make, but wasn't sure how yet. I don't have the supplies to make the crumble. I will do just what you wrote and may throw in the jicama to mellow it out a bit. Thanks so much!~

I'm feeling a bit weepy, sluggish, and moody today . . . perhaps this signals a whooosh?? (Lisa, how's that for positive reframing??!! )

I can't find an Easter ham I trust, either. I picked up a turkey breast -- I'll still make the ham (and other traditionals) for the others. I've just decided that, for myself, I am doing things differently this year - a means to an end. Next year, provided I stay OP, I will have more options.

NO GRIT, NO PEARL.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #54
Started IP January 11/13

S/C/G: 182/146/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
Great; glad to hear it! Do you have plans to join the group again?
I just imagine your Dad being so proud and happy watching you play the guitar!
Thank you. Yes I will join them again for sure.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #55

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
First, congrats on the "Mediums"! What a great accomplishment! On another note, I live in Toronto. If you need PJ's that are not see through and family appropriate, try a store by the name of "La Senza" or "La Vie En Rose". I would imagine you could find what you are looking for there

Hi Canadian dieter, I did those stores, they were the short ones I would not like to bend over in haha. I guess I'll have to get a tank top and shorts. I am way too hot in t-shirts also. The joys of menopause. That's o.k.

I have to see about the caribean outfits. Thanks everyone.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #56

Height: 5'7

Default Chicken Ala King Question

Hello everyone..... I hope you're all having a great day! So, I'm feeling great and all, but I think I packed my food wrong today. ( 2 unrestricted, 1 restricted) Maybe you all can answer that question for me.

Is the IP Chicken Ala King packet an unrestricted? If so, is there any real detriment to skipping my restricted for the day?

MINI GOAL #1- Lose 20 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #2- Lose 40 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #3- Lose 60 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #4 - Lose 70 lbs
Old 03-26-2013, 03:39 PM   #57

gottawork -

I hope you are out there or get this post........ I was traveling on Sunday and so I didn't check-in here. I was on yesterday; today had a few minutes and went back and read Sunday's Daily Chat. So, just now saw your posts......

If you are going to do the IP products (vs. alternatives), they are a little cheaper than the clinics, but still pricey. Here is how I worked the discount....

Note: Scorbett says that the amount you have to spend is now $165 (it used to be $75).

www.plainprotein.com? They use priority mail so you'll receive your order pretty quick from them. I have been able to use the month typed into the promo code box (doesn't seem to be case sensitive) to get a 10% discount. However, I don't know how much you have to spend to get it! Some people have said that the amount you have to spend can vary from month to month. If you can afford to spend a little.... When I want to place an order, I usually put in any item and choose a large quantity, say like 6 of them. If the discount shows up, then I will back off the quantity to 5 of them. And so on and so on, until I determine how much I HAVE to spend to get the discount. Then, I erase the order and start over with what I really want to buy and make decisions based on what I want and how much I have to spend. Hope this helps. Jen

Also, you don't have enough information on your personal profile for me to IM you. If you change this, feel free to IM me directly and I can get you the answer directly.
EVERYONE on here is great and can answer questions for you anytime.

Good Luck - please, keep posting and let us know how you are doing!!!

Last edited by JenRem : 03-26-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #58
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 187/173.4/140

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post

MrsKuby -- Good to see you! I have noticed your absence. Good for you on starting your workouts and getting your head straight first.
I've been lurking..just being extra careful not to post anything that might be construed as negative. I've been keeping an eye on you! You're doing great!

RESTART @ 181
WK1 -3LBS WK2 -3LBS
Old 03-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #59
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

WI today down 18 in total and 9.5 inches.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #60

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
WI today down 18 in total and 9.5 inches.
Wow that is awesome! I know you are doing a happy dance

Total inches lost: 75.25

One cheerleader for each 5 lbs. lost!

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.