3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #106

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Just getting ready to go to a birthday supper for my DIL to be. Having a roast turkey and all the fixings..well not me..lol..I'll have the turkey but making my own OP fixings, roasted cauliflower salad, roasted sea salt and lime asparagus and salad. While the rest are having cake and ice cream I'll be having a frozen cappuccino whipped with Rtd vanilla, sprinkled with cinnamon..sounds to me like the rest will be missing out.

WI#1 -10.4 WI#2 -6 WI#3 -2.6 WI#4 -3 WI#5 -3 WI#6 -1.8 WI#7 -5.6 WI#8 -2 WI#9 -2.6 WI#10 -1.8 WI#11-2 WI#12 -6 WI#13 -2 WI#14 -.6 WI#15 nwi
WI#16 -3.7 WI#17 -2.2
Old 03-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #107

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This is how they protect their business.
Many coaches will only allow you to be a client if you ONLY use IP products and purchase only from them
Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Could be she thought you were buying individual packets not whole boxes. Since the nutrition information isn't on the single packets they're not meant for sale that way. Might be why she said it was "illegal."
I just couldn't stand getting my week of IP food then, when I'm hungry or having a craving and faced with my choices..... none of it sounds good! So, I bought a variety of alternative boxes. It's really helped in keeping my sanity, especially aroung that TOM when my cravings are all over the place. Thanks for your responses. I'm really enjoying this plan and this site.

MINI GOAL #1- Lose 20 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #2- Lose 40 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #3- Lose 60 lbs DONE
MINI GOAL #4 - Lose 70 lbs
Old 03-24-2013, 06:45 PM   #108

I made Kale chips for the first time this afternoon and they were delicious!! I was so pleasantly surprised and I will definitely be making them again very soon.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #109
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Anybody ever use "Miracle noodles"?
Many times! They are good to "fill out" a dish or add to broth/veggie soups. Just make sure you follow the serving sizes, as products that list 0 carbs generally have some TRACE carbs (FDA allows products to be labeled 0 carb if it's below 1 carb per serving). Eating more than a serving makes those partial carbs add up fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harper75 View Post
On to the second half of my subject. Does anyone have a fear of maintenance? I have really just loved how straightforward Phase I has been. I should be on maintenance in another few months so I'm trying to wrap my head around it. Any tips?
Read the maintainers thread. Think long and hard about how you want to LIVE when it comes to food - what do you want your eating to look like, how can you make Maintenance work for you. Understand that maintenance is going to be a process. Get yourself hooked into a calorie counting site like My Fitness Pal and start logging your meals in NOW, so that by the time you hit maintenance you are in the habit. Most of all, remember that maintenance isn't something you should be afraid of, it's you exercising all of the control that you've gained over your eating during Phase 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca46200 View Post
Hello,

I'm baking oatmeal muffins from 3fc recepies and I was wondering if anybody has ever tried carb wise bagels and if they are as they say 0 carbs thank you
I would not recommend adding something like that to your Phase 1 plan. Many of those "zero carb" breads have been found to have completely incorrect nutritional info, some have even caused people to gain. Rule of thumb - if it seems too good to be true, there's probably a catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
Does the hungry feeling come back on maintenance? I'm really enjoying not having those intense hungry feelings or cravings and I'd prefer to never feel that way again! This no appetite thing has been amazing in helping me change my relationship with food. Thanks! Sam
It is OKAY to feel hungry!! In phase 1, you learn how to recognize TRUE hunger versus MENTAL hunger. So in maintenance, you should be able to KNOW when you are really hungry, or when you are just bored/stressed/thirsty/etc. Maintenance is regular life - hunger will happen, but you will be so much better equipped to analyze and deal with it than before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
I survived the Baby Shower! My first "event" since being on IP. I planned ahead and all went well. And no cravings for the cake. Now I call that a NSV!!
Nice job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillaryJH View Post
What have your coaches told you? Do they insist upon eating the third packet? Could they be insisting upon a third packet in order for you to buy more product?
Definitely not a sales pitch, three packets puts you roughly around 600-900 calories per day once you factor in the protein and veggies. Any less than that and you are WAY too low on calories, plus you will be shorting yourself on protein.
If you're having trouble with feeling overfull, try spacing out your veggies more during the day, or have your restricted earlier in the day. As Lisa said, some of the drinks are very light and still have the protein and calories you need, those might be better at the end of your day.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #110
Restarted 3/1/2013

S/C/G: 231/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb60 View Post
I made Kale chips for the first time this afternoon and they were delicious!! I was so pleasantly surprised and I will definitely be making them again very soon.
I made this too for the first time yesterday and totally loved them. I think I used too much oil though cause only the ones on the outer edge of the pan were crispy. The rest were just baked.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday. It's been snowing non stop around here since last night so I'm just staying home on the couch. I'm also trying not to get too discouraged. The scale hasn't moved an ounce in the last week and a half. I've been totally OP and am only going into my fourth week. I know to be patient but it's hard to struggle through these stalls. This is my second time around on IP so I'm wondering if my body is just resisting to the low calories.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenRem View Post
I believe that others who have been unhappy with their coaches have contacted other IP offices in their area. Let them know your circumstances and that you aren't a good fit with the current coach at your office. Ask them if they will waive the initial start up fee and let you join their office. They should be willing to allow you to come to their office knowing that you will be spending money every week buying IP food and see their counselor.

Another option...... Some people who didn't like their coach or live in towns that don't have any IP clinics within reasonable driving distance will order all their food/supplements from:
http://www.plainprotein.com/
You can even get a monthly discount if you spend a decent amount per order. The amount you have to spend varies month to month - so, if you decide to go this route, let me know and I can give you better instructions on how to apply the discount.
You can then just use this 3FC site as your counselor (so to speak). I don't know how much experience you have on here, but there are fabulous people who give a lot of support and someone should always have an answer to any question you might think to ask. The nice thing about this site compared to some of the IP counselors is that the people here have really walked the walk, whereas it seems some of the counselors haven't even had any weight issues or even done any of the IP phases.
However, if you really need that one-on-one personal contact with a counselor or the accountability that a WI at the clinic will get you, then you should go that route!

And you could even do the program using alternative products to IP's. There are whole Threads on Alternatives where you can find out what is acceptable for P1 and what people like/don't like. Most of the alternative products cost about 1/2 the amount of IP food and people usually order from:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/

Hope this helps and Good Luck! Jen
Let us know what you decide and how it works out for you
Hi JenRem, forgive me but I am new to this site and wanted to ask you more about the discount you mention if you order a decent amount. How do I go about doing that? Thanks so much - my pocket book could use a breather.

Last edited by gottawork; 03-24-2013 at 09:57 PM. Reason: adding on
Old 03-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #112

Did I do it right? lol? Did my reply show up under your post?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #113
Started IP 3/12/12

S/C/G: 248.25/see ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCamMom View Post
Good Morning! It's been a while, but I'm back. I was on IP last summer and was very successful. I'm back to lose about 20-25 more. It's funny how many people pass through here...I see a few familiar faces, but so many new people. I'm thinking (hoping) that my buddies from last summer are all in maintenance! I'm here for a re-boot and this site definitely helps to keep me on track. I started my re-boot about 2 weeks ago...so far, so good. The only difference this time around is that I seem to have a constant stomachache...not hunger or cramps. Just an ache that is always there...hmmmmm...I will keep pushing through. Have a great day!
Welcome back!

Old 03-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #114

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone - Just want to say that the people on the board are the best. Have found you all so helpful. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 PM   #115

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Love your answers and insight.

I've copied the info about alternatives but I was wondering what would be the highest sugar content for an alternative. I am still new with the alternatives, trying to find things with the least amount of sugar alcohols as I get upset stomachs and acid reflux. Found a good protein shake with 1 carb, 160 cal, 10,5 fat 25 g of protein, but it has 4 grams of sugar.

Can't seem to find anything about sugars. Help. thanks:headache
Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #116

Default For the love of all things holy

Its been 4 days well 5 tomorrow.... I drink my water and then some, eat my veggies. I just took 5 of the psyllium tabs (that's the dose the bottle said to use). I have never had this issue. Where do you get the smooth tea at? Might have to get some after work tomorrow if this doesnt work. It says I can take the pills up to 3 times a day. Has anyone ever taking multiple dose of this stuff? I have never had to use laxatives and thought a more 'natrual' approach would be better but 4-5 days is NO BUENO.

I'm into my 4th week of IP Lord I hope I dont have this issue the whole time.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #117
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
Its been 4 days well 5 tomorrow.... I drink my water and then some, eat my veggies. I just took 5 of the psyllium tabs (that's the dose the bottle said to use). I have never had this issue. Where do you get the smooth tea at? Might have to get some after work tomorrow if this doesnt work. It says I can take the pills up to 3 times a day. Has anyone ever taking multiple dose of this stuff? I have never had to use laxatives and thought a more 'natrual' approach would be better but 4-5 days is NO BUENO.

I'm into my 4th week of IP Lord I hope I dont have this issue the whole time.
You might do better getting the psyllium husks (usually at health food stores) and not the pills. The husks are more fibrous and kinda "scrub out" your insides. The pills are just fiber (like metamucil) so you can't really overdose on them.

I get Smooth Move at Wal mart most of the time. You can also try Miralax, it isn't a stimulant but a stool softener - just make sure you drink plenty of water no matter what you try.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #118

Default Question about Swai fish

Nearly 4 weeks in and OP entirely (no restricted) and beginning exercise per coach. Next WI on Tuesday and quick meeting with coach.

Just wondered if anyone has used Swai fish. It is not on the list, and I couldn't find much about it. Only one post referring to it as Basa. My wonderful supportive boyfriend bought it to cook for dinner thinking it was on the list, found out it wasn't. We are going with a turkey burger instead, but wanted to check for future reference.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #119
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepure View Post
Nearly 4 weeks in and OP entirely (no restricted) and beginning exercise per coach. Next WI on Tuesday and quick meeting with coach.

Just wondered if anyone has used Swai fish. It is not on the list, and I couldn't find much about it. Only one post referring to it as Basa. My wonderful supportive boyfriend bought it to cook for dinner thinking it was on the list, found out it wasn't. We are going with a turkey burger instead, but wanted to check for future reference.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!
I did a little research - Swai is a variety of catfish, which IS on the list. So next time he can definitely make it for you
Old 03-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
You might do better getting the psyllium husks (usually at health food stores) and not the pills. The husks are more fibrous and kinda "scrub out" your insides. The pills are just fiber (like metamucil) so you can't really overdose on them.

I get Smooth Move at Wal mart most of the time. You can also try Miralax, it isn't a stimulant but a stool softener - just make sure you drink plenty of water no matter what you try.
Thanks! I'm taking another dose of the pills. I didnt see the tea.... will have to look again for it. Yes I will keep up the water. I always get 2-3 L in not counting tea/coffee decaf of course.