3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 AM   #16
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
People: I just don't think they get it, so yes, as Lisa says, keeping it light is key.
So happy I didn't get depressed after 0lbs WI Thursday! TOM almost over and had a normal BM, so this morning decided to weigh myself. Down 2lbs!!!!
Keeping the faith, thanks to all of you! You do understand how important these boards are? I might have sabotaged my diet had it not been for all of you. Big hugs!!!
YES!!! Now THAT'S something to keep in your memory bank (actually for ALL of us to remember)! It's so discouraging when we don't have an expected WI. I think we're all learning just to "keep the Faith", knowing it'll all turn out positive in the end!! Way to go!!

And I also agree that these boards keep us on track! Not sure I could do this without you guys......wait, I KNOW I couldn't do this without all of you.....so much information! I would not be on Alternatives (wouldn't even KNOW what Alternatives were) if it weren't for this Forum!!

So THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Just another day here in New England.....anxiously awaiting warmer weather! Brrr!! At least the sun is shining!!!

Have a Magical day all!

Originally reached goal back in 2011!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Good morning everyone,

Back from my 5 day conference (even if I am only home for two days and off again for 3, back one night and away for 4 more days and the cycle begins again).
Congrats to everyone who stayed OP and to all the weight loss. 3FC is a huge part of my success and thanks to everyone.
Welcome home neighbour!! Sorry you had to come home to all this new snow, lol!!
Glad it went well and congrats on the baggy pants, I'm really looking forward to trying on my spring clothes, as I thought I'd have to buy all new stuff cause I had gained so much in the past 2 years!

Last edited by newday2013; 03-23-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I actually used that line when I was on Atkins. I just didn't say allergy, I just said it makes me swell up!
An allergy can be defined (loosely) as an abnormal reaction. So anything that gives me cravings or isn't on my plan can (loosely) be an allergy!
Lisa you have the best responses to what seems like every situation. I used to be like a deer caught in the headlights when people would make rude comments or try to push food on me.

Since coming here I get all these fantastic ideas for responding to the comments. Going to add the "it makes me swell up" to my list of responses when someone tries to push food on me again. If I'm feeling a little snarky I might change it to "it makes me gassy, you don't want that do you?"

Quote:
People: I just don't think they get it, so yes, as Lisa says, keeping it light is key.
So happy I didn't get depressed after 0lbs WI Thursday! TOM almost over and had a normal BM, so this morning decided to weigh myself. Down 2lbs!!!!
Keeping the faith, thanks to all of you! You do understand how important these boards are? I might have sabotaged my diet had it not been for all of you. Big hugs!!!
WootWoot!! Here's to no more self sabotage and brushing off a 0 loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trina M View Post
Looking forward to the day. I stepped on the scale and my results went for obese to overweight!! 2 more ponds and I'm in onederland!! We have a busy day ahead of us but I have made extra salad for today and will take with me.

I saw a picture of me from 2 years ago and wow what a difference it has made.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #19

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Good morning. It's cold here today! I'm looking forward to the snow melting!
Agreed!! If this is spring I'd rather jump directly into summer! Avoid mud season as well

Quote:
Well, stayed OP the entire week even if I was the butt of the jokes all week (why is it when someone is trying to be healthier, others find that funny and a challenge to make you cheat or drink... must admit it irritated me more than encouraged me to have a drink or cheat). I even noticed my skinny jeans which were a little loose at beginning of week when I packed them to see if they fit, were very saggy by the end of the week when I finally put them on.
Congrats on staying OP for the conference! And who will be laughing when you are rocking even skinnier jeans?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
People are interesting! Obesity is a HUGE health problem in this country. They wouldn't force food on a diabetic but for some reason think they can have an opinion about you (us). Keeping it light/changing the subject works most of the time but I encountered one person at a Christmas party that wouldn't give it up! I almost had to get rude to get her to stop but ignoring her and talking to others instead finally worked.
Keeping it simple/light/deflecting like you did is key!
Completely agree, you would think people's mind-set would be different with all of the information pumped out about obesity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
Good Morning and Happy Weekend!
Today is my family's Spring Birthday party. This includes extended family: aunt, uncles, cousins, cousins's kids, etc. Five people--me included--have birthdays in April and March. The menu is subs, potato chips, devilled eggs, potato salad, cake and ice cream. Might as well just say "Carb fest"! I'm going to stay OP, and take something for myself. Did the same thing at our Winter Birthday party back in December.
What a fun family event! Keep it up, you will be so proud at goal that you don't need to be on P1 any longer because of a slice of cake!

Quote:
Looking forward to the day. I stepped on the scale and my results went for obese to overweight!! 2 more ponds and I'm in onederland!! We have a busy day ahead of us but I have made extra salad for today and will take with me.

Congrats on being overweight...crazy concept

Happy weekend everyone! I'm just about halfway to goal and I'm ecstatic about it! What a change this has been in such a short time

"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy."

"I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again. So I changed"
Old 03-23-2013, 11:12 AM   #20
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

After a long week of constant busy, I am grateful for a quiet weekend. Husband was supposed to work today, but the OT was cancelled. We are sitting in the living room on our computers having a quiet morning. Plans for the weekend, absolutely nothing. I have a few things I would like to get done, but if not, oh well. Sitting beside my chair is a stack of books I just received in the mail, it is cold out, the cat is curled up sleeping beside me. Guess I am going to have to read awhile longer.

I am going to concentrate on IP this weekend, making sure I get enough water etc. I missed WI last week, but plan to go on Tuesday.

Although my scale says I have lost more than 8lbs, I am going to stick with the clinic scale.

Last edited by Donna Gel; 03-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #21
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:

You are overweight!! Congratulations!! Funny, this is the only place were that statement isn't offensive!!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

Anyone have a link to a current chart that shows where obesity and overweight are?

Lost 30 on IP last year, kept it off until the holidays and now wham..gained 30 pounds..so here I am again

1 for each 5 lbs..gone for good!
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 AM   #23
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

Well, stayed OP the entire week even if I was the butt of the jokes all week (why is it when someone is trying to be healthier, others find that funny and a challenge to make you cheat or drink... must admit it irritated me more than encouraged me to have a drink or cheat).
Congrats on your determination. one of my favorite quotes is "determination is the will of the spirit working for our highest best good."

Using determination is one of my affirmations to stay strong OP

Last edited by workingit50; 03-23-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #24
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Anyone have a link to a current chart that shows where obesity and overweight are?
If you google BMI chart women, you will find a bunch of sites that have it.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #25

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I am using my BMI to determine my goal weight. I use to try to think that I was 5'3" so that I could trick myself into thinking that my healthy weight would be higher.

So at 5' 2", my choosen goal weight is 137 pounds. At 54 years old that is a perfect weight for me!

Oh, and with Ideal Protein and this wonderful board, I know that I can get there.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #26
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

About to go to yoga . I have been practicing for 1- 1/2 years and really enjoy it. It is HOT yoga and the sweat is amazing. Anyway, I went yesterday and noticed how much easier it is for me to do all of the postures with 20 lbs gone. It is another NSV to see that I kept up with a practice in my efforts to be healthy (unfortunately did not lose weight) at 200 lbs and going 4 times a week and the disadvantage I had with the extra weight.

My yoga teacher could not understand,nor could I , why I wasn't losing weight and other people were...easily. I tried many different things but IP is the right program for me because of the combo of elimination to very low sugar and carbs. I really see how insulin resistant and sensitive I am to carbs/sugar. I would eat super healthy but kept my sugar intake. I thought because I was practicing yoga so much I could have "treats" and I was burning off the calories. I probably was but the sugar was sticking somewhere.

I am sooooo glad and proud of myself that I kept trying new ways to lose and this is working. My friends would also say, you work so hard I cant believe you haven't lost weight. In a work challenge, I won for eight weeks the exercise award for the most minutes. No weight loss!

A mushy moment, thanks for letting me indulge in processing my successful weight loss journey.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #27
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
If you google BMI chart women, you will find a bunch of sites that have it.
LOL!! I just used a calculator online! If I put in 5'8" I'm in the "healthy range", but if I put in 5'7" in I'm the "overweight range".......BUT I AM 5'7 and a HALF"!

Oh well, perhaps NEXT week I will be considered "healthy"! .

(.....just had to share)!

Originally reached goal back in 2011!
Old 03-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #28
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Good morning everyone - into week three and feeling wonderful. There were a few days in week two that I felt shaky but now seem to have lots of energy!
You are doing great! I remember having some of those days in the first few weeks or just being so tired I went to bed at 7 PM. It worked itself out for me as well. I'm glad you are in the energy zone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam67green View Post
Good Morning and Happy Weekend!
Today is my family's Spring Birthday party. This includes extended family: aunt, uncles, cousins, cousins's kids, etc. Five people--me included--have birthdays in April and March. The menu is subs, potato chips, devilled eggs, potato salad, cake and ice cream. Might as well just say "Carb fest"! I'm going to stay OP, and take something for myself. Did the same thing at our Winter Birthday party back in December. The closer I get to my goal weight, the less I want to lose this great momentum I have. I know my weight loss will slow, but I've lost at least a pound every week except one--and I've been on IP since early October.
No plans for tomorrow, except for yoga! Maybe I'll find time to sit down and watch my birthday present from DH--Breaking Dawn 2. (Yes, I will admit to liking the Twilight books and movies.)
Have a great day!
That's a pretty nice thing to do with all the birthdays. Great idea. I think adding to the tradition by adding a fesh salad and/or veggie tray makes it even better. Maybe a build your own sub option (so anyone can just do the meat and veggies, or a lettuce wrap if they wish).

Quote:
You are rocking this. Congratulations on the 2 lbs! That's awesome.

Quote:

Ah you are living my dream lol - overweight! Congratulations! I'll be joining you there in overweight land in about 4 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Agreed!! If this is spring I'd rather jump directly into summer! Avoid mud season as well
Completely agree, you would think people's mind-set would be different with all of the information pumped out about obesity.

Happy weekend everyone! I'm just about halfway to goal and I'm ecstatic about it! What a change this has been in such a short time
Sweet! 1/2 way to goal is quite the milestone can't way to hear it's official for you I have always dreaded how hot it is in the summer. Well maybe not always, just at my larger size I suppose, but I was very large for a very long time - so time blurs as to when that started. THIS summer I am looking forward to it, so bring it on! I'm cold these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
After a long week of constant busy, I am grateful for a quiet weekend. Husband was supposed to work today, but the OT was cancelled. We are sitting in the living room on our computers having a quiet morning. Plans for the weekend, absolutely nothing. I have a few things I would like to get done, but if not, oh well. Sitting beside my chair is a stack of books I just received in the mail, it is cold out, the cat is curled up sleeping beside me. Guess I am going to have to read awhile longer.

I am going to concentrate on IP this weekend, making sure I get enough water etc. I missed WI last week, but plan to go on Tuesday.

Although my scale says I have lost more than 8lbs, I am going to stick with the clinic scale.
Nice to have quiet weekend for sure. My DH is off at a class today, so just me and the dog computing this morning, drinking coffee (well I am that is). Super progress on the >8 lbs, hope the clinic scale agrees with yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
I just googled for one and found it (I am not an authority on these figures, this is just what the search found for me - I'm sure others may have opinions on this one way or another, and I won't argue with you if you think these aren't what they should be).
BMI Classification
< 18.5 underweight
18.5–24.9 normal weight
25.0–29.9 overweight
30.0–34.9 class I obesity
35.0–39.9 class II obesity
≥ 40.0 class III obesity

Later I found the formula for figuring out BMI in Excel:
English Units: BMI = 703 x Weight[lb] / ( Height[in] x Height[in] )
I am 5'10 so 5' in inches is 60" + 10" = 70".
I weigh 213 lbs
the 703 part doesn't change in the formula, nor should your height usually.
Therefore the calculation is:
=703*213/(70*70)
so my BMI is 30.56

Last edited by Halfagain; 03-23-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:44 PM   #29

S/C/G: 171/163/120

Height: 5'1"

Positive attitude rocks! WTG everyone

Its my second period day and the cramps are killing me (i've always had cramps). my 2nd WI is tomorrow so not expecting any big loss.

Other than that - waiting for the snow to melt as I am so done with cold/snow!!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #30
iKande

S/C/G: 226.6/220.2/150

Height: 5'2

It's day 2 and I'm still excited! After lunch yesterday my mood dropped. Thanks to this site I'm encouraged. My first goal is to stick to the plan 100% for the first week. I must admit its because I can't wait to update my current weight!!!

I ate breakfast much later than I normally would but I don't want to be as hungry this evening. The nights seem to be the hardest right now so I want to leverage bedtime to help me meet my first goal.

Right now I'm grateful that the first 72 hours beacuse that means I'm halfway through the hard part! Positive perspective & encouragement are critical for me. Thank you for taking the time to reach out on the forum. The support and collaboration is amazing!!!!

Last edited by iKande03; 03-23-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Closed Thread