Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! I hate that you guys are feeling this way at times too, but I am glad I have my IPeeps with me. I am going to keep my inner fat girl locked where she needs to be and try and let my skinny girl take the reins for a while (its her first time so she is allowed to have bumps in the way) Please know that you guys are all a beautiful bunch of people and without your support this would be just a diet instead of the life change it is !!
I went to the city to do our bi-weekly stock up and while there it was +4 out sunny and beautiful so I bought myself a new spring coat and love it, Size 14 at Ricki's and of coarse on sale. Also I found the new crystal light water flavors and they are very good! Delicious really, love the Strawberry Lemonade, got the at superstore if anyone is interested to get some for themselves.

That coat looks great on you. You should be so proud of what you have done!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:05 AM   #152  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Just popping in to say hi!! Everyone's doing so well here!

I had a giant Passover seder Tuesday night. Cooked a lot of wonderful food, but only ate the OP stuff. No matzahballs for me this year!! But I felt great!

Going to Houston now to spend some of Passover and all of Easter with my family. My kids from Syracuse will come so I'll have 4 tiny ones to play with! I'll jump up and down from the floor like I'm much, much younger!!!

Have a great weekend and a great holiday, everyone!!!:wa ve:

Monica!! Love your picture!!!!

Lisa, it's fun to go clothes shopping now, isn't it? And it's also fun to share the stuff we've shrunk out of!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
Today, week 4 of this journey begins! Have finally found something that not only makes sense but is also good for my body and overall health.
You're doing great safetylady!! Keep it up!!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #153  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Stargirl66: congrats on making it to ONEDERLAND! And I plan to stick around in maintenance. I need the continued inspiration as much as before.

Monica: I too am very critical looking at myself. I try to look in the mirror only when clothed so I don’t see the skin rolls as clearly. My positive affirmations list has gone a long way towards making me feel better about myself though. Yesterday I was wearing my skin tight jeans, meant to look tight, with my high boots. When I got to my friend’s place and took off my boots, I was tempted to ask her if my calves look tight to wear these jeans but stopped myself because they looked fine. Not perfect but perfectly good.
I’m jealous you found the Crystal Light liquid. I have tried Superstore, Sobeys and Safeway this week but no luck yet.

Fitandfabfrog: welcome to the 100% thread. Yes most of us are hear to avoid hearing about the off-plan stuff because sticking to the program really does make the program easier to do. One cheat can lead down a slippery slope too easily.

1LittleStar: glad you had a good time at the cooking demo. The mango drink with veggies and shrimp sounds like a great idea.

Shoediva: Great job!

Lisa: congrats on passing your last goal. I love the MFP predictions. I didn’t believe them at first but then they suddenly started coming true.

Today is my first day of maintenance. I’m not going too crazy although it seems like it right now. Added coconut milk to a chicken curry dish for lunch and dinner will be roast beef in the slow cooker with carrots and onions. I also added rutabagas because I wasn’t ready to throw in the high carb of a sweet potato quite yet. I forgot to plan new snack options for maintenance so have my spinach oatmeal muffin ready (using the IP pack). Don’t worry, I won’t continue to post my maintenance food options in this thread to tempt all of you but the first day was just so exciting.

All the talk of clothes shopping again makes me want to get out there but today and Sunday everything is closed and tomorrow I have a series of appointments that will make it feel like a mini-spa day for me. Massage, hair and nails. So there won't be any time to go to the malls, plus it is probably still too cool outside to get overly excited about buying spring and summer dresses which I really want.

Last edited by KitKat169; 03-29-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Looking good Monica!
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Monica love the jacket. It looks really cute on you.

I need to see if I can find a new spring jacket also. I just donated the last of my oversized coats this week, and don't have any light jackets. I'm pretty close to goal, so I might just buy something that feels snug right now so that I can still wear it next year.
I was worried about the fact that I will shrink out of this one as I am so far from goal, but it was so darn cute and on sale, so I bought it tight so it would fit longer. Plus I was boiling in my winter coat while shopping so it worked out well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
That coat looks great on you. You should be so proud of what you have done!
I am very happy with the progress so far, thanks for the compliment
Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Going to Houston now to spend some of Passover and all of Easter with my family. My kids from Syracuse will come so I'll have 4 tiny ones to play with! I'll jump up and down from the floor like I'm much, much younger!!!

Have a great weekend and a great holiday, everyone!!!:wa ve:

Monica!! Love your picture!!!
Thank you, Hope you have a great time with your family this holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat169 View Post

Monica: I too am very critical looking at myself. I try to look in the mirror only when clothed so I don’t see the skin rolls as clearly. My positive affirmations list has gone a long way towards making me feel better about myself though. Yesterday I was wearing my skin tight jeans, meant to look tight, with my high boots. When I got to my friend’s place and took off my boots, I was tempted to ask her if my calves look tight to wear these jeans but stopped myself because they looked fine. Not perfect but perfectly good.
I’m jealous you found the Crystal Light liquid. I have tried Superstore, Sobeys and Safeway this week but no luck yet.

All the talk of clothes shopping again makes me want to get out there but today and Sunday everything is closed and tomorrow I have a series of appointments that will make it feel like a mini-spa day for me. Massage, hair and nails. So there won't be any time to go to the malls, plus it is probably still too cool outside to get overly excited about buying spring and summer dresses which I really want.
I am jealous of you spa day!! sounds like the pampering you deserve The spring and summer dresses will look great on you. I bought and tried 3 flavors of the crystal light, Mango/Passion-fruit, Blueberry/Raspberry, and Strawberry/Lemonade. I must say they were all very good. I was not a huge fan of MIO I really only like 2 of there flavors, but these were very tasty and quite refreshing. I am not going to get into the whole debate about whether or not we should be drinking these or if they effect weight-loss, but if you are looking for 0/0/0 water flavorings that are tasty I recommend picking some up
Old 03-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #155  

I got to thinking this am: since I quit soy, TOM is back like clockwork. It's been messed up since the IP get-go. I know some is the estrogen in the fat but this is the 3rd month now, 27 days apart.
Just observational/anecdotal but definitely interesting

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-30-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:42 PM   #156  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
It is so easy to only see the imperfections...

Let's let the inner skinny girl have the fun right now....
Ah but you're a wise one!! Thanks for your input on this issue --well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Happy Thursday night everyone. Glad to be starting a long weekend....

I went to a cooking demonstration with Chef Verati a couple nights ago, which was quite interesting.
I've been offline a few days-- how did you get this great opportunity?? that sounds very cool!

I'm wishing everyone a fantastic Easter weekend.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

Pretty proud of myself tonight, I made goodies(popcorn balls, chocolate no bake cookies and chocolate butterscotch pecan cookies) for my son to take back to university and never had a nibble or finger lick of any of it. But darn my house smells good
Old 03-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #158  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend. I spent the day yesterday with my family and today I have my guitar lesson this morning then plan to,spend the restless of the day giving my horses a wee spa day. It's so gorgeous out I can't believe (or don't want to believe) that the cold weather will be returning next week. I want winter to be over.

So I made it through phase 1 completely 100% and yesterday was my first day of phase 2......I gotta say though I miss my morning snack.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:50 AM   #159  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post

Love the jacket!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 AM   #160  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
Pretty proud of myself tonight, I made goodies(popcorn balls, chocolate no bake cookies and chocolate butterscotch pecan cookies) for my son to take back to university and never had a nibble or finger lick of any of it. But darn my house smells good
Well done. I've decided that the smells are better than the tastes most of the time. The taste "just isn't worth it". I just started maintenance yesterday and bought myself a 85% dark chocolate bar but even that I have so far thought buying and having it in the house with the knowledge that I could have it is so far better than the idea of eating it. I think it will probably stayed sealed up for a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
I hope everyone is having a great Easter weekend. I spent the day yesterday with my family and today I have my guitar lesson this morning then plan to,spend the restless of the day giving my horses a wee spa day. It's so gorgeous out I can't believe (or don't want to believe) that the cold weather will be returning next week. I want winter to be over.

So I made it through phase 1 completely 100% and yesterday was my first day of phase 2......I gotta say though I miss my morning snack.
I love that we have some warmer weather too but at some point they have to stop "more cold to come next week". It's almost April and it will take weeks for all our snow to melt at this rate.

I think Phase 2 is definitely the most blah. I couldn't introduce anything new but I had to lose some of my lunch favorites and find more types of protein options. But it does mean you are so close to goal and P3 is around the corner so celebrate that part!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
IPNewbie: I just noticed how close you're getting to the century club!
Thanks Lisa!

I'm thinking a spa pedicure is in order once I get there
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #162  

We all know how key preparation is...for those celebrating Easter, what's your plan for tomorrow?

Mine is: Quest bar for breakfast, Rotini, mushrooms, roasted asparagus and prime rib (much higher fat than normal so very special treat) for lunch/dinner then a nice chocolate RTD for dessert!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #163  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
I got to thinking this am: since I quit soy, TOM is back like clockwork. It's been messed up since the IP get-go. I know some is the estrogen in the fat but this is the 3rd month now, 27 days apart.
Just observational/anecdotal but definitely interesting
And then there's me...no TOM for 7months, hot flashes and all, even blood work showed perimenipause...2 weeks into IP and tada! Full period, brought me to my knees to be honest, was not impressed, but oh well, postponing wrinkles I guess, lol!!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #164  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
We all know how key preparation is...for those celebrating Easter, what's your plan for tomorrow?

Mine is: Quest bar for breakfast, Rotini, mushrooms, roasted asparagus and prime rib (much higher fat than normal so very special treat) for lunch/dinner then a nice chocolate RTD for dessert!
B: I'm having real eggs. A treat. 1 egg + 3 egg whites = 1 omelet packet.
L: IP potato/zucchini rolls & salad
D: Lambchops (another treat), caulimash, roasted cabbage, salad
S: IP choc rtd blended with ice cubes (my "wendy's frosty")

Strange how "treats" have changed, isn't it?
I think since I did Atkins before, I have identified things I can really live without, esp since I've really decided this time I need to at least restrict gluten, if not eliminate. I'm really noticing things that cause me to think about food too much. Any of these items end up owning me and making food own me. I'll have to find a place for them moving forward, which may mean carefully planned or may mean eliminated.
Luckily on P1, I don't have to make too many of those decisions today.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #165  

Hi friends!

Thought I would show you the dress I chose for a Baptism I'm going to next Sunday (I'm the Godmother!)

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...BRAND%3DCalvin

It was the first and only dress I tried on...fit like a glove!

Shopping for a dress definitely would have been a fear-inducing moment for me before IP

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 03-30-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Closed Thread