Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
What adverse effects to you experience from the soy?
Just wondering, so far nothings bothering me but curious
what happens to you and others.
I developed thyroid problems
soy is notoriously hard on thyroid (gluten too, esp for anyone with hashimotos)
Ketogenic diets are also notoriously hard on thyroid, as well. I just didn't want to make it any harder for the thyroid to function than it had to be...
Old 03-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #137  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
M35A2: My soy/no soy list is attached
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRegan View Post
What adverse effects to you experience from the soy?
Just wondering, so far nothings bothering me but curious
what happens to you and others.
My coach was concerned as I haven't been losing nearly what she felt a typical man on IP should be losing (of course I've never been typical). So we did a food sensitivity test today (something provided free by the dr office she's in). I showed a high sensitivity to soy and nothing else. We're going to try a couple of weeks with no soy to see if it changes anything.

The only real thing I noticed was having the butterscotch pudding for the first time last week. Within a half hour of eating it I developed an upset stomach that lasted for several hours - only time this has happened since starting the diet. I had it a 2nd time and was a little queasy afterward but then it went away and the other 2 times I had it I didn't notice anything. Could be a coincidence or could be the soy but either way we'll see how the next 2 WI go.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:06 PM   #138  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
M35A2: My soy/no soy list is attached
So the soy lecithin isn't a problem?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:19 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

I AM SO GLAD I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE!!! I hate that you guys are feeling this way at times too, but I am glad I have my IPeeps with me. I am going to keep my inner fat girl locked where she needs to be and try and let my skinny girl take the reins for a while (its her first time so she is allowed to have bumps in the way) Please know that you guys are all a beautiful bunch of people and without your support this would be just a diet instead of the life change it is !!
I went to the city to do our bi-weekly stock up and while there it was +4 out sunny and beautiful so I bought myself a new spring coat and love it, Size 14 at Ricki's and of coarse on sale. Also I found the new crystal light water flavors and they are very good! Delicious really, love the Strawberry Lemonade, got the at superstore if anyone is interested to get some for themselves.

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 03-29-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:31 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Happy Thursday night everyone. Glad to be starting a long weekend!

I went to a cooking demonstration with Chef Verati a couple nights ago, which was quite interesting. He is quite funny and enthusiastic. He demonstrated a few different cooking ideas and techniques, all for phase 1, and using IP products. I am going to try the crepe for the first time, and it was interesting that he was using it as a wrap for veggies and protein. He also used the mango drink for a bit of a kick to veggies and shrimp. It was really good! He also suggests blanching some veggies when you get home from the grocery store, so that they are ready to add to any recipe throughout the week. I'm not that organized, but could see it working for asparagus and peppers. I have also never cooked with bok choi, but I'm going to try it out. So overall, a successful evening. I feel excited about some new cooking ideas!
Sounds fabulous!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Stargirl66!! CONGRATULATIONS on ONDERLAND! So excited for you!
FITANDFABFROG
Old 03-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
So the soy lecithin isn't a problem?
Doesn't seem to be for me
You'd practically have to go off ALL processed foods to get away from that ( plus never eat in restaurants b/c they use it a lot in processed foods)

Seems to be the soy PROTEIN. IP will say that the isolate is better than the whole soy but after all my reading, I'm not taking chances

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-29-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Looking good Monica!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Nope you are NOT the only one I'm right there with you. So many great thoughts from others here today.

I had a huge example - but I think you described it well and I was blathering on and on lol
One person's blathering is another person's inspiration! Feel free to "blather" any time, it will probably be just what I need to hear.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
I am proud to say that I am in my 4th week and down 20 pounds! The BIGGEST victory for me is that I haven't cheated one bit- that has never happened for me on a diet, ever. I feel so confident in myself and my ability to stay in control. Thanks for all the positiveness on this thread!
Congrats on your success!!! Your are in the groove!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:33 AM   #146  

IPNewbie: I just noticed how close you're getting to the century club!

My report for today is that TOM bloat is gone and I skipped right over the elusive 75 off. Onward toward the next mini goal!

MFP keeps telling me that is about 5 weeks off. Whenever it comes, I will also be in sight of the century mark. All of this felt so far away lat August. Some still feels very surreal but achievable by staying OP no matter what

I'm so glad you are all here & a place to come where I don't hear how "this one time" I can have_____ or I got caught ______. The only person I'd be cheating is myself! I'm also glad there are others who can respond to those posts. I just have to keep this path.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-29-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #147  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Monica love the jacket. It looks really cute on you.

I need to see if I can find a new spring jacket also. I just donated the last of my oversized coats this week, and don't have any light jackets. I'm pretty close to goal, so I might just buy something that feels snug right now so that I can still wear it next year.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Monica love the jacket. It looks really cute on you.

I need to see if I can find a new spring jacket also. I just donated the last of my oversized coats this week, and don't have any light jackets. I'm pretty close to goal, so I might just buy something that feels snug right now so that I can still wear it next year.
I got THREE from Burlington online. Keeping one. Returning 2. Gave my black tent-of-a-coat away

Surprised plain XL (not 1x) were too big! Time to start shopping for larges I suppose. Weird. Just weird for a gal who started in 2XL or 24 pants just 8 months ago (my first day was actually 7/30/12).

I actually liked a different one best but they don't have the L in a color I want.

I'll post my pic after yoga/shower

More piles of clothes going to consignment and charitable stores today (suits/nice dresses to consignment). I need pants! I only have 4 pair left for work. This will NOT DO!

Today I go for Spect scan on my back.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #149  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=lisa32989;4686407My report for today is that TOM bloat is gone and I skipped right over the elusive 75 off. Onward toward the next mini goal!

MFP keeps telling me that is about 5 weeks off. Whenever it comes, I will also be in sight of the century mark. All of this felt so far away lat August. Some still feels very surreal but achievable by staying OP no matter what
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
I got THREE from Burlington online. Keeping one. Returning 2. Gave my black tent-of-a-coat away

Surprised plain XL (not 1x) were too big! Time to start shopping for larges I suppose. Weird. Just weird for a gal who started in 2XL or 24 pants just 8 months ago (my first day was actually 7/30/12).

I actually liked a different one best but they don't have the L in a color I want.

I'll post my pic after yoga/shower

More piles of clothes going to consignment and charitable stores today (suits/nice dresses to consignment). I need pants! I only have 4 pair left for work. This will NOT DO!

Today I go for Spect scan on my back.
Congrats on passing up that mini goal.

Thanks for the reminder on Burlington. Since I'm off work this week, I'm going to take a drive there and check them out.

Hoping everything goes well with your scan today and they can help you fix the back issues for good.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Today, week 4 of this journey begins! Have finally found something that not only makes sense but is also good for my body and overall health. I can see this through maintenance and live with it. Time to throw out the yo-yo dieting and various programs I have tried.

My original reason for starting Ideal Protein was to look good in my gown for our son's wedding in June 2013. We have an only child who is marrying a wonderful girl. When shopping, I asked my future daughter in-law not to let me pick out what I called, an old lady gown. At 54 yrs old, I want to feel and look good. It would have been to easy to just settle on a gown instead of getting one that would make me take notice of how I looked. I was so embarrassed at the way the gowns looked that I knew I would have to make changes to myself to look good and feel confident in the gown. Well, the gown is perfect and certainly not, an old lady dress. Because of Ideal Protein, I will go to my fitting on April 13th knowing that the gown will fit, look good and I will be confident.

After 3 weeks - 14.4 pounds gone and 8.4 pounds to go. Being 100% is the only way I want to do this. For me, jelly beans, choc., bread or anything else is not worth me losing the momentum.

Thanks - could not do it without this board
Closed Thread