IP Daily Chat Friday 3/22/2013

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Today is day 1 for me. I'm so excited! I hope everyone has a great day!
  • Quote: Today is day 1 for me. I'm so excited! I hope everyone has a great day!
    You've taken the most important step, you've started!
  • Quote: Today is day 1 for me. I'm so excited! I hope everyone has a great day!
    Best of luck to you!
    I love the program, been on almost 4 weeks, lost 9lb.
    Although I was only trying to lose 15lb, its been a huge
    struggle for the past 19 years to get it off, this is the
    first time something is working and I feel great! Never
    hungry, other diets always left me craving all the time.
    Just stick to the program and you will find success!!!

have a great OP day!!

D
    Welcome! Congrats on getting started! I've lost over 40 pounds in less than three months, this diet is amazing! And it gets easier, the first few days will be rough, but stick with it!
  • Happy Friday!
    First off, as some may know by my past questions, i am having issues with search and get frustrated, probably too easily, surfing through the boards. Spend 9 to 10 hours a day at work on the computer, don't enjoy spending unproductive time on it when i'm home. Not to mention our internet is uber slow.

Thinking to get some alternatives. Is there a simple list somewhere what is non restrictive and what is restrivtive?

I am back into my size 10 jeans! Yippee!

Dd turns 16 shortly and will hopefully be getting her license soon. She is a pretty active/social kid and i am getting tired of playing chauffeur for her. We are looking at getting a car for her. Dh test drove a 2000 seabring convertible and we may go get it this weekend. I would have LOVED a convertible at 16. I'm excited for her and probably living vicariously through her? Of course since ds#1 is still living at home (he is 19) there will have to be a car shuffle, 3 car garage and 4 cars.

Trying to figure out Easter as we may be hosting. I guess ham is not allowed so thinking a ham and a small turkey breast. It is probably easier for me to stay op having it here. If only the cleaning ferries would show up and get the house cleaned.

Guess that is enough rambling for today.
    Hope you all have a great weekend
  • Quote:
    Trying to figure out Easter as we may be hosting. I guess ham is not allowed so thinking a ham and a small turkey breast. It is probably easier for me to stay op having it here. If only the cleaning ferries would show up and get the house cleaned.
    Fat free cooked ham is allowed on PI. If you make sure to trim off all the fat from your serving you can definitely eat it. However, given how salty ham is I don't recommend eating 8 oz. From personal experience I can tell you it will really make you retain water for a few days.
  • TGIF for sure. Been a busy week; tired and wired. Hungry because my eating and "packet" times have been thrown off by my busy schedule and NOT getting enough water in is also contributing to feeling "off".

Yay for slowing down.
  • Thank goodness it's Friday. After two full days of a blizzard the winds have finally died down. Yesterday's WI for myself and DW were great - I'm down 10 pounds and DW is down 6 pounds. This is her biggest loss to date so needless to say she was in quite a good mood last night.

No students again today so I have the entire day to "prep" for next week. A nice way to ease into the weekend. Hope all is well with everyone else.

Days 2-4 can be really rough, so just hang in there! Make sure to come here daily for support, it really helps.

Quote: Thinking to get some alternatives. Is there a simple list somewhere what is non restrictive and what is restrivtive?

I am back into my size 10 jeans! Yippee!
    Congrats on the size 10's!!!
    The attachement on the 4th post has a spreadsheet with a bunch of alternatives.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...readsheet.html
  • WI Friday has seen another 2 Pounds gone for ever....I'm enjoying slipping down the back side toward goal.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay true to the program weather you are doing IP products or alternatives (like me), it does work.
  • had my WI today and am down a total of 91 pounds so far. Better yet is my BMI went from unreadable (over 50%) to 31%!!!

I also decided today to start training as an IP coach - part time. I am extremely excited about the chance to pay forward all the help I have gotten!

CW - 189
  • Morning, All --

Good luck to those just starting out. Just prepare to feel pretty bad until about day 5, drink lots of water, and you'll do great.

Congrats to all the good weigh ins this week. So inspiring!

I am completely out of fresh veggies and feel like an addict out of my "stuff." Must. run. out. for. cukes! I feel insecure without certain veggies on standby at all times -- what a change! I used to feel that way about soda.

Make it a great day, everybody! Off I go . . .
  • WI #2 - 4 pounds!

That's 11 pounds in 2 weeks. Very excited with the program thus far!
    Today is the day you start something new and exciting! For me making the decision to just do it was the hardest part of the whole program. Once you get past the first 3 days it is the easiest thing ever.

My advice to you is to
    stay 100% o program. There is a fantastic thread for those of us who are committed to the program. The support there is amazing.

Second, embrace the veggies! I do special things with veggies, making it the main dish of my evening meal.

Third. Come to these boards every single day. For me, these were the people who kept me on track and motivated me to FINALLY succeed at weight loss.

Three important suggestions. There are many more, but for me, those are the things that helped me the most.

Congratulations!!!