3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/20/2013

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
IP start Aug 2012
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,176

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/20/2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
__________________
Losing weight is hard. Maintenance is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard. (-Ishbel)
Lost 95 lbs on IP!
Link to weight loss Photos

lisa32989 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
IP start March 8th 2013
 
newday2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Posts: 248

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Default

I've seen this somewhere in these threads, but can someone exlain to me how this diet affects TOM? I have been in peri menopause (or so I thought) since July: hot flashes, no TOM.. I've been doing IP since March 8th and bam, here's my period!
newday2013 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #3
Member
 
Canadiandieter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 97

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Default

Im pretty new to this diet, but from what I understand our fat cells contain estrogen as well. Once you are in Ketosis the fat along with everything else is released causing a spike in estrogen levels, therefore causing irregularity in TOM cycles (I think)...lol. Ladies?????
Canadiandieter is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Merryland
Posts: 57

S/C/G: 265/240/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Im pretty new to this diet, but from what I understand our fat cells contain estrogen as well. Once you are in Ketosis the fat along with everything else is released causing a spike in estrogen levels, therefore causing irregularity in TOM cycles (I think)...lol. Ladies?????
I'm pretty new too but that's generally how I understand it to work ...
ecmcnamee is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Merryland
Posts: 57

S/C/G: 265/240/175

Height: 5'6"

Default

I've been on IP for 5 weeks and today I am going to check out the alternatives on Nashua Nutrition ... I'm a bit nervous but have read enough here and feel comfortable with everyone's results. I'm not giving up my coach ... he's great so I'll still buy something when I go see him .. man that stuff is pricey!

Hope everyone has a great day
ecmcnamee is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
DRegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: CT
Posts: 246

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Default

Good Morning all!

newday2013, not sure about the TOM thing, did hear that losing weight does
throw things off for us women! I know I had worst headaches during my last cycle, never did before. ;(

Had a good WI last night down 3, yay!!
Lost 9 in three weeks, think I've been trying to lose
this 15lbs since I had my kids, which are 20 and 17yo, LOL!
This is the first program to actually budge the fat!!
6lb to goal!! The hardest part for me will be the summer boating
activities! Drinks,snacks, bbqs!! UGH!
Hopefully everything my coach is teaching me will continue for a lifetime!!
The sun is actually shining today, still cold though, doesnt feel like
Spring! Soon we will probably be complaining its too hot! oh well.

Time to get to work! Thanks for all the inspiring posts, it really helps to
have the support and ideas from all of you!
Have an awesome day everyone!!
D

wk1 5
wk2 1
wk3 3
DRegan is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
IP start: 21 October 2012
 
pocahontas812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ashland, MA
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default

Good morning all. Just got this as part of my daily FDA alert email. I think it may have been mentioned before in a thread, but if not:

FDA Warns Consumers Not to Eat Certain ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bars Manufactured by Pro-Amino International, Inc., Quebec, Canada
03/18/2013 05:20 PM EDT


Pro-Amino International Inc. is recalling protein bars which may contain Salmonella. The product is the ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bar, sold in 210 gram (7.4 oz.) packages, 7 bars per package, bearing UPC 6 21498 42238 1, lot code CR 18 13B, and Best Before date of 2015-08.

. For detailed information pertaining to this Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts message, please click the link at the beginning of this bulletin.
__________________
pocahontas812 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
Member
 
Canadiandieter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 97

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Default

Congrats!!! Those are great numbers!
Canadiandieter is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
Started IP 11/28/12
 
amberjules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 367

S/C/G: 257/171.2/140

Height: 5'3

Default

Good morning everyone! I'm up early today. Decided to get in a bit of exercise first thing rather than waiting to come home after work when I'm exhausted!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, 100% OP day!
__________________


Mini Goals Achieved:
10% Loss of Weight
20% Loss of Weight 4/5/13
ONEDERLAND 4/20/13



Visit my weight loss and recipes blog at http://www.LamberJules.com

How to pick Alternatives.

Follow me on Facebook.
amberjules is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #10
Member
 
Jujubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 38

S/C/G: 143/133/120

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Ooh, so not a fan of the potato purée
Jujubie is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
Began IP 3-29-2012
 
usmcvet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Barre, Vermont
Posts: 1,665

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
I've been on IP for 5 weeks and today I am going to check out the alternatives on Nashua Nutrition ... I'm a bit nervous but have read enough here and feel comfortable with everyone's results. I'm not giving up my coach ... he's great so I'll still buy something when I go see him .. man that stuff is pricey!

Hope everyone has a great day
I use Nashua for almost everything. Including the bars mentioned below. I had one last night, I will check my boxes tonight when I get home. I'm sure if there was an issue I'd already know about it but thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Good morning all. Just got this as part of my daily FDA alert email. I think it may have been mentioned before in a thread, but if not:

FDA Warns Consumers Not to Eat Certain ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bars Manufactured by Pro-Amino International, Inc., Quebec, Canada
03/18/2013 05:20 PM EDT


Pro-Amino International Inc. is recalling protein bars which may contain Salmonella. The product is the ProtiDiet High Protein Chocolate Dream Bar, sold in 210 gram (7.4 oz.) packages, 7 bars per package, bearing UPC 6 21498 42238 1, lot code CR 18 13B, and Best Before date of 2015-08.

. For detailed information pertaining to this Recalls, Market Withdrawals and Safety Alerts message, please click the link at the beginning of this bulletin.
Thanks. These are my FAVORITE they're six carbs and delicious.
__________________


"Feeling short term hunger pangs on a daily basis is NORMAL" -Wimpster

:dance r:

Once I hit goal "I'm Going to Disney!"
usmcvet is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 474

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
Ooh, so not a fan of the potato purée
You should give it another try but mix it with the soup or cauliflower for extra flavor.
__________________


"Skinny Taste Better"
Started P3 7/19/13
Maintenance as of 8/1/13
Start CrossFit 8/5/13


Posted a comparison photo on my profile.
A1Texan is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2

Default

Good Morning!!
I have been on Ideal protein for 5 weeks now- just had my 4th weigh in on Monday and I am excited to say that I've lost 27.2lbs!! I feel awesome and am so excited for this journey.
I do have at least one concern though- I have really REALLY large calves. I always have. There is plenty of fat on them, but they are mostly muscle. On this diet we tend to keep most of our muscle and I am concerned that the rest of my body will get smaller but my calves will look like they belong to Popeye! Have anyone else run into this? Any suggestions to get them long and lean?
StephieDanger is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Delgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 832

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
I've seen this somewhere in these threads, but can someone exlain to me how this diet affects TOM? I have been in peri menopause (or so I thought) since July: hot flashes, no TOM.. I've been doing IP since March 8th and bam, here's my period!
When you lose fat, estrogen gets released into the bloodstream (since estrogen is stored in fat cells). There are a lot of changes when that happens. I had a TOM after about a year of not having one. There have been a lot of IP babies born.
__________________

Cindy

Reboot!

Goal Met January 2015

Delgen is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #15
Started IP 7/9/12
 
ragdoll74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: IL
Posts: 1,748

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephieDanger View Post
Good Morning!!
I have been on Ideal protein for 5 weeks now- just had my 4th weigh in on Monday and I am excited to say that I've lost 27.2lbs!! I feel awesome and am so excited for this journey.
I do have at least one concern though- I have really REALLY large calves. I always have. There is plenty of fat on them, but they are mostly muscle. On this diet we tend to keep most of our muscle and I am concerned that the rest of my body will get smaller but my calves will look like they belong to Popeye! Have anyone else run into this? Any suggestions to get them long and lean?
I don't know how much more you have to lose, but the weight does not come off evenly in this process. When you get down to a healthy body fat percentage, it should all even out. It seems like the area we want to lose the most from, is the last to go.

I think standing calf raises help to make them long and lean.
__________________
started maintenance 6/14/13

Last edited by ragdoll74 : 03-20-2013 at 09:17 AM.
ragdoll74 is offline  
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2