Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
Ooh, so not a fan of the potato purée
I have made this into a pancake by adding a little extra water and egg whites, then cooking as a crepe. Top with roasted red peppers and spinach for a yummy sandwich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I use Nashua for almost everything. Including the bars mentioned below. I had one last night, I will check my boxes tonight when I get home. I'm sure if there was an issue I'd already know about it but thanks for the heads up!
We got an email from Nashua last week that none of these bars should be eaten. They did not offer a refund, however.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephieDanger View Post
Good Morning!!
I have been on Ideal protein for 5 weeks now- just had my 4th weigh in on Monday and I am excited to say that I've lost 27.2lbs!! I feel awesome and am so excited for this journey.
I do have at least one concern though- I have really REALLY large calves. I always have. There is plenty of fat on them, but they are mostly muscle. On this diet we tend to keep most of our muscle and I am concerned that the rest of my body will get smaller but my calves will look like they belong to Popeye! Have anyone else run into this? Any suggestions to get them long and lean?
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it, throw on some high heels and rock it!!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #18  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Height: 5'5

I second Canadiandieter! Get on some fabulous heels and don't be worried about it. We are all our own worst critics of course, so most likely the only one that even notices this is you.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #19  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it, throw on some high heels and rock it!!!!
Great advice! I never wear dresses because my calves are big, even when I'm thinner. Maybe it's the high heels that would do the trick!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #20  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Decided after my rough night I'd call in sick today, so I'm laid out on the couch feeling like I'm in labour! Oh, how I didn't miss this...
Thanks for the clarification of the TOM...although I'm not impressed, if this is part of the process, then so be it...didn't miss my [I]friend[I]. I told my husband about the IP babies and he turned white LOL!!! Wondering, if TOM continued or did you just get them that one time?
I haven't try the potato yet either, just sounded nasty. But, since I'm learning to add things to make packs more interesting, I likely will eventualy.
Curious, if you make the switch to alternatives, does you coach drop you? How many products do you need to buy to keep the connection? Wouln't mind switching at least the shakes and bars for cheaper ones. I'll stick with the supplements though, for the price, the quality is very good.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #21  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephieDanger View Post
Good Morning!!
I have been on Ideal protein for 5 weeks now- just had my 4th weigh in on Monday and I am excited to say that I've lost 27.2lbs!! I feel awesome and am so excited for this journey.
I do have at least one concern though- I have really REALLY large calves. I always have. There is plenty of fat on them, but they are mostly muscle. On this diet we tend to keep most of our muscle and I am concerned that the rest of my body will get smaller but my calves will look like they belong to Popeye! Have anyone else run into this? Any suggestions to get them long and lean?
IP is going to help you drop the fat, but it isn't going to change the SHAPE of your muscles. Once you are at your goal weight and phasing off, look into pilates or yoga classes - the only thing that will change bulky muscles to long and lean muscles is good old fashioned stretching and flexibility exercises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Curious, if you make the switch to alternatives, does you coach drop you? How many products do you need to buy to keep the connection? Wouln't mind switching at least the shakes and bars for cheaper ones. I'll stick with the supplements though, for the price, the quality is very good.
That depends greatly on your coach - but for the most part, coaches do not like their clients buying products from the competition. For one, they are running a business that is kept going with the help of people buying their products. They aren't charging you for weigh-ins, just for product. For another, they are trained on IP products, not alternative brands. If you run into issues during the process, they don't have training on the ingredients in other products. Once my coach knew I was only using IP vitamins and getting alternative products, we had to part company.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #22  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Red face

WI #5 and down 3! Yay!!

I can't believe this diet is working. I am losing weight, my aches and pains have gone away, I have more energy, and I'm not having to beat my brains out exercising. Finally, something that works for my body. What a blessing!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #23  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
Ooh, so not a fan of the potato purée
I mix the potato puree with egg whites and cook them up like a pancake. I also fry it up as is and it is quite tasty.
Donna G
Old 03-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #24  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

I bought the potato puree my first week on IP and didn't like it at all but a few weeks later I tried it again and now I like it. I know my tastes are changing since being on IP....I've even bought another box for something different then shakes all the time (and of course the bars....I love them). I've also noticed that in the beginning I loved Big Mac in a Bowl but now I can barely swallow ground beef any more as I just don't like the taste of it any more.

In regards to the large calf muscles....I've got horses and have very muscular legs especially my calves because of the riding and always needed to buy wider tall boots. I've noticed since being on IP I've lost quite a bit of size everywhere but especially in my calves and my favourite tall boots that were always tight there are now quite loose.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #25  
Started IP 11/28/12

I started taking Biotin today, 5,000 mcg per day, because I am experiencing a bit of hairloss in the last couple of weeks. I thought it was because I had dyed my hair, so it's normal to get a bit of hairloss, but it seems to be coming out more than usual.

Is anybody else taking Biotin for hairloss and if so, how much do you take and how long did it take before you noticed a difference?
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #26  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
I started taking Biotin today, 5,000 mcg per day, because I am experiencing a bit of hairloss in the last couple of weeks. I thought it was because I had dyed my hair, so it's normal to get a bit of hairloss, but it seems to be coming out more than usual.

Is anybody else taking Biotin for hairloss and if so, how much do you take and how long did it take before you noticed a difference?
I've had intermittent hair loss for the last 2 years because of OTHER health issues not related to dieting. I started taking Zinc about a year ago, at the suggestion of my hair stylist, and it seemed to help a little. I started taking Biotin about a month ago, after reading all the posts on here, and already I do see a difference. I have little hairs growing back in where it was extremely thin. I take two a day... I think they're 500mg. Picked them up at Walmart.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #27  
Started IP 12-26-2012

We're still in San Francisco, the kiddo and I, and having a great time. I'm doing very well with staying OP, except for the veggies. I am eating green salads everyday, but finding the select veggies (other than spinach on my salads) is difficult! And we're so busy going here, going there, that when we stop, I just eat a bar or drink my IP drink I brought.

I have to say, though, my energy level is higher than it's been in years, and yesterday, the DD wore out before I did! Feet hurt like **** from all the walking, but the fact I can keep going from 8am - 8pm is pretty miraculous.

2 evenings ago, I took a tumble, stumbled over a manhole cover, and went down hard! I was on the sidewalk, thank goodness, and not in the middle of the road. Road rash on my palms, and sprained my left wrist pretty good. After all is said and done, I realize I "only" sprained my wrist, and I got right back up afterwards. I keep thinking that a few months ago, 30 lbs ago, I would have laid on the ground like a beached whale waiting for help LOL! The other aches set in by morning, but Ibuprofin to the rescue, and we were back out sightseeing by 9am!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:31 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
I take Biotin, one 5,000 a day. I've noticed a difference even from before IP and I started taking it at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
In regards to the large calf muscles....I've got horses and have very muscular legs especially my calves because of the riding and always needed to buy wider tall boots. I've noticed since being on IP I've lost quite a bit of size everywhere but especially in my calves and my favourite tall boots that were always tight there are now quite loose.
Mine are massive, but have thankfully lost 1/2 inch so far, my reward will be a pair of cute tall boots for the fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
WI #5 and down 3! Yay!!

I can't believe this diet is working. I am losing weight, my aches and pains have gone away, I have more energy, and I'm not having to beat my brains out exercising. Finally, something that works for my body. What a blessing!
Congrats! It's amazing how IP works and so cut and dry. Easiest/Hardest diet ever!

Having a great day today, had a very nice 4# woosh this morning. TOM had been here for way too long! If only this snow would go away and it would start to actually look/feel like spring!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #29  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
2 evenings ago, I took a tumble, stumbled over a manhole cover, and went down hard! I was on the sidewalk, thank goodness, and not in the middle of the road. Road rash on my palms, and sprained my left wrist pretty good. After all is said and done, I realize I "only" sprained my wrist, and I got right back up afterwards. I keep thinking that a few months ago, 30 lbs ago, I would have laid on the ground like a beached whale waiting for help LOL! The other aches set in by morning, but Ibuprofin to the rescue, and we were back out sightseeing by 9am!
So glad you're okay and that nothing worse happened! I know what you mean about wondering what would have happened 30#s ago. Your tales of more energy and being able to keep going are very inspiring. Enjoy!

The Biotin I take are 5,000. Picked them up at WalMart. I took them right from the start as I was worried about hair loss, so I can't speak to a "change." I take them once per day at this point. The bottle says to take 1 or 2 per day.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #30  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Congrats! It's amazing how IP works and so cut and dry. Easiest/Hardest diet ever!

Having a great day today, had a very nice 4# woosh this morning. TOM had been here for way too long! If only this snow would go away and it would start to actually look/feel like spring!
Yes, yes it is! I feel like this is the diet I have been looking for all of my adult life. I can feel that this is the right thing for my body.

Congrats on your whoosh!! Spring will be here very soon, promise!
Closed Thread