IP Daily Chat Tuesday 3/19/2013

You're on Page 1 of 6
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
    Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Happy Tuesday everybody. I am getting near the end of my night shift and can't wait to get home and try Scorbett's Pumpkin Oatmeal for breakfast. I usually do not eat heavy after nights but it smelled so good when I made it yesterday that I am looking forward to trying it. Will add some egg whites and chicken bacon slice to make it Phase 3 friendly. Phasing off early because of my upcoming Jamaican holiday and wow there are some good things about P3!!!! Liz's quinoa pudding was AMAZING! I think knowing P3 is so yummy will help me get right back on P1 post holiday and lose those last 10-20lbs! Something to look forward too everybody. Keep OP and have a great day!
  • When do you leave for Jamaica? We are heading to Runaway Bay in April and I can't wait! We've been to Ocho Rio and Negril the last two years.....love Jamaica.

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm thankful the storm last night wasn't as bad as predicted. Maybe spring really is coming soon!
  • Ok WI yesterday
    Down just 2 pounds but i thinkTOM is just around the corner. Down 2 1/2 inches, mostly waist and hips. I too am going to phase out a tad early before our cruise at the end of april and then will go back on one when i get back. My coach said just make smart choices but to be sure to enjoy the cruise.Guess at means just a bite or two of creme brule (sp?) instead of 2 servings . I didn't tell my coach but i am thinking i will get some alternatives to take along to help.

Yesterday i mixes dk chocolate and banana puddings, split back to a single serving and then made a "shake" along with beggie fries, now that was a great lunch. Thinking if we ever get spring/summer i may have to try growing beggies in the garden.

For supper i made kale chips but my kids ate them all after school. That is not a complaint, who would have thought they would like them so much?

Happy tuesday!

Jac
  • Good morning all,
    Nasty weather again here in CT, school delays and closings. UGH!
    Not looking forward to the drive to work today, glad I dont leave till
    9am. Its an icy snowy mix, scary driving! Oh well I'll take my time!
    WI tonight too, dont want to miss that, my scale looks like 2 down, so
    praying its close, hate weighing in at night but thats what works.
    Well have a great day everyone!
    Wish I was going to Jamaica, have a great time DJ72!!!
  • Spring might be here, I think! Still have lots of snow, but hopefully it has stopped falling for a few days. Supposed to get to -1C today, so we should see a good bit of melting.

As I shared yesterday, this is a crazy week so I won't get into the clinic to WI, but according to my scale I have lost 16lbs. My scale never agrees with the clinics scale. I do know I feel amazing and I am thrilled to be able to fit into some of my smaller clothes.

I am staying OP and being more diligent about eating and drinking according to protocol.

I was exhausted last night after being at the store front all day. Back to painting today though.
  • Jaimaica is the place to be apparently! My boss leaves tomorrow for a week there...maybe I'll need to plan a trip! We've got about 8inches of snow and still going I'm so over winter!

The scale hasn't moved lately but I've got TOM and some "C" issues, Bleh!

Hope everyone has a great day! I'll be daydreaming of summer weather
  • Quote: Jaimaica is the place to be apparently! My boss leaves tomorrow for a week there...maybe I'll need to plan a trip! We've got about 8inches of snow and still going I'm so over winter!
    If you've ever been there...it is DEFINITELY. A place to be!!!
  • Quote: Down just 2 pounds but i thinkTOM is just around the corner. Down 2 1/2 inches, mostly waist and hips.
    Why did you say "just"? That is a GREAT weigh in!
    Rephrase!
    Yay! I was down 2 lbs and 2.5 inches this week...even WITH TOM looming! I LOVE this diet!
  • It is another cold morning, come on spring! Weighed myself today and lost 1 lbs so far this week. WI is Thursday and hoping to be in older land in another week. Cannot wait! Here is to a very positive OP day!! Lots of water in my forecast. tOM decided to show himself in my weightloss again this month but no worries when he leaves the pounds go to. I have found that my TOM shows up early by 2 days on this diet and it really throws me for calculating it into my life. 3 more months and I should see normal cycles in my new body!

Have a good day everyone
  • DJ72 please take me with you. I'm sick of the cold weather.

Gonna really try- awesome WI!!! My personal experience has been the closer I get to goal the more inconsistent & smaller the WI's are.

Trina- I'm trying to get to younger land
    I don't think you noticed you had a typo on your post. You put older land instead of onder land....it made me smile, so thank you for the typo.
  • Quote: DJ72 please take me with you. I'm sick of the cold weather.

Gonna really try- awesome WI!!! My personal experience has been the closer I get to goal the more inconsistent & smaller the WI's are.

Trina- I'm trying to get to younger land
    I don't think you noticed you had a typo on your post. You put older land instead of onder land....it made me smile, so thank you for the typo.
    And yours made me smile. You put "onder land" I think it's "Onederland" At least that is what I've been using....either way it's a great accomplishment.
  • Quote: And yours made me smile. You put "onder land" I think it's "Onederland" At least that is what I've been using....either way it's a great accomplishment.
  • [QUOTE=ragdoll74;4673540]

QUOTE]

Agree on both counts! Awesome WI...and I, too, have found that my losses are (a) inconsistent and (b) smaller the closer I get to goal. I realized a week ago that I had become complacent in my water drinking. I've stepped it up this week and have unofficially moved into the 150's, so maybe that will give me a kick start to more consistency...but I doubt it .
  • Had to give myself a metaphorical kick in the azz today. Jumped on the scale "only" to be disappointed that it hadn't gone down as much as I had wanted. For a little while this morning started to mope around grumbling to myself about "sacrifices" made and not seeing the results etc. etc.

Thankfully I was able to knock that crap off. That's the type of thinking that has played a major part in me becoming obese. Feeling sorry for myself and then hiding behind my fat and "comforting" myself by self medicating with food. Pizz on that.

Gave myself the "smarten up" lecture and truly took a look at myself in the mirror after my shower this morning - my body is changing no matter what any scale says. More evidence can be found in the clothes I wear. Things that were tight as a second skin now hang off my body. Another notch in the belt has had to be punched to keep my pants up. Shirts that I stopped wearing months ago are borderline too big now. Might end up having to follow the wife's suggestion and put the bloody scale away if I am going to continue to obsess about it. I've come too far to give up worrying about some freaking number on a bathroom scale.