Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 3/18/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Good morning all!
Enjoying my morning alone, My DH started a new job today(been home for 6 weeks, ugh!) and daughter off to school. Nice to have the morning to myself before I work later. Gonna get some housework done and workout! Looks like were gonna get some bad weather again tonight, I am so done with this winter!
WI in tomorrow praying for good results, my home scale looks like 2lb down, we will see!
Hope everyone has a great day!
D
Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good Morning Everyone ! Hope you all had a great weekend. Today I have lots of running around before I leave tomorrow for warm sunny beaches. I have decided to bring all my IP breakfasts and do the best I can for lunches and diners. As long as I dont have a big gain that is all I can ask for . Well everyone enjoy your day .
Old 03-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #4  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

An early start to the day. We have been under a winter storm warning for several days, but I see it has been lifted this morning. I'm not sure how many centimeters we received, but Husband had to do a lot of shoveling this weekend.

Today is an exciting day for me. My business partner and I start getting our new store front ready for the opening of our Artisan Market April 29th. We have been researching and planning for this for quite awhile now. We are both very excited!!
Today starts a whirlwind week of contractors and painting and organizing.

My official WI is tomorrow but I won't make it into the clinic this week.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #5  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Off to work after 10 days of doing IP at home (March break). Back to the routine, and the stresses of normal life...at least now I have you guys and don't need to reach for the donut box in the staff room!! I just know they'll be a 'Welcome Back' treat waiting for us (or should I say them).
Old 03-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

I just started wearing Dockers that I have had in the back of the closet since 2004. Since December 10th I have gone down from a 44 to a 38 inch waist.I kept them hoping for a dream and now I've found it. Two more weeks and I'll have to get rid of every pair of pants and jeans in my closet. I plan on hitting the Goodwill's for a few new ones. I don't want to got and buy new when they will be useless in a month or so.

Allergies are kicking butt today.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #7  

I made the "Roasted Zucchini & Basil Rosettes" from the recipes thread. OMG were they delicious. I ate them all up in the same day. I will be taking this dish to my family reunion to prove to people that I can cook.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 300/277/150

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone
So I have a sinus infection... which is such a pain! I am continually lightheaded and woozy - I even had to go to bed at 930 last night as I had a fever and thought I was going to die! I didnt get my before bed shake in.. I had a really hard time getting my supper down!
So my question is this... if I can focus on getting my water and shakes down today... how bad will it be if I dont eat my veggies today? At this moment I cant even fathom eating veggies or meat ....but I dont want to kick myself out of the progress I have had so far this week (even with being sick and all the walking we did on our weekend away!)
Thoughts....suggestions?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #9  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I just started wearing Dockers that I have had in the back of the closet since 2004. Since December 10th I have gone down from a 44 to a 38 inch waist.I kept them hoping for a dream and now I've found it.
That's kind of funny as I posted earlier this morning in the Men's Thread about getting in to a pair of Dockers I hadn't worn in 5 or 6 years. They buttoned but not sure I'm ready to sit in them for a whole day. Maybe next week.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannaA View Post
Good morning everyone
So I have a sinus infection... which is such a pain! I am continually lightheaded and woozy - I even had to go to bed at 930 last night as I had a fever and thought I was going to die! I didnt get my before bed shake in.. I had a really hard time getting my supper down!
So my question is this... if I can focus on getting my water and shakes down today... how bad will it be if I dont eat my veggies today? At this moment I cant even fathom eating veggies or meat ....but I dont want to kick myself out of the progress I have had so far this week (even with being sick and all the walking we did on our weekend away!)
Thoughts....suggestions?
Just concentrate on getting better, and don't worry so much if you can't get all your food in.

Also if you are on antibiotics, make sure you read the insert to see if there are any interactions with the IP suplements. I think you are not supposed to take the cal-mag or potassium (can't remember which) while you are on anibiotics because it interferes with it.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #11  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post

Allergies are kicking butt today.
That may be, but it's a much smaller butt now.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #12  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

DRegan enjoy your quiet morning! I love having the house to myself and thankfully my DH works shifts so I get to enjoy it more often then not. He starts afternoons today and my stepdaughter is with her Mom till Thursday so I get a few evenings to myself this week Yippeee!!

heritagesoftail enjoy the sun and beach!! I leave on April 22nd for a week in Jamaica and I'm already counting down the days (35 sleeps to be exact ). Since I'll be phasing off over the next couple of weeks I will be in maintenance then but I plan to eat as healthy as possible.

Donna Gel, congrats on your new store! Very exciting!!

Newday just have an OP snack ready so you won't be tempted!

A1texan that's awesome about the 'new' pants!! I have made the mistake of buying new pants when mine stopped fitting so now I have only a couple that will fit and others that I'm trying to shrink in the dryer. I'm now holding off buying any more but it's tough....I worked hard and I want to show off how far I've come but it's such a waste of money.

DannaA I'm sorry you're sick! I agree focus on getting better. I hope you feel better soon!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
That may be, but it's a much smaller butt now.
So true Donna
Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #14  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Just one of those mornings, I woke up way too early, am headachy and crampy guessing its related to TOM, sort of funny it seems like just last week I was saying I haven't had one of those in three years because of my choice in BC. I haven't lost any weight this week but obviously my body is busy doing stuff!!

Have a great day guys, but I think I am snuggling back in bed for a little bit.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:26 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 191/188.2/145

Height: 5'3"

Default Brand new

Hello everyone...I have been gathering valuable information from this site for a couple of weeks. This is my first post, and my first day starting IP. I am doing the RTDs from my local grocery. I have my veggies cooked and put up for the next two days. Wish me luch!
Closed Thread