Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I just started wearing Dockers that I have had in the back of the closet since 2004. Since December 10th I have gone down from a 44 to a 38 inch waist.I kept them hoping for a dream and now I've found it. Two more weeks and I'll have to get rid of every pair of pants and jeans in my closet. I plan on hitting the Goodwill's for a few new ones. I don't want to got and buy new when they will be useless in a month or so.

Allergies are kicking butt today.
Congrats Texan! Isn't that a GREAT feeling!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Good afternoon all! Lazy morning here but was able to get some laundry done. About to leave to take the dog to the vet, just the annual visit, why must vets be so expensive? Feel like I never make it out under $100. Had the worst TOM pains last night that kept me awake most of the night, very strange, I feel like TOM is all or nothing on this diet.

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #33  
Started IP 1/14/2012

S/C/G: 286/165/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkeetoz View Post
Tomorrow makes two weeks that I will be on IP diet. Yesterday I took a cheat day and had shrimp, a couple of beers and some chips. I started back today and was concerned that I would have to go through the withdraws for carbs again but it's been fine. Now just hoping that it didn't mess up the weight loss. Anyone take a cheat day?
I did my whole year without a cheat day. It wasn't worth it to me. While you may not have another withdrawal period now, you have still lost momentum on your weight, and time that your body will need to recover. IP is not designed to be a periodic cheat day program.

The weight loss journey for me was also to redefine my relationship with food and to learn other strategies for coping with stress, having celebrations, etc. Maintaining my weight loss will be a struggle for the rest of my life so these lessons were invaluable in making me stronger and able to cope with whatever life throws my way.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the lemon soy puffs being discontinued? I have recently started to really like these and went to get more at my clinic only to find shelf empty. They said they could not order them in and thought they might be getting discontinued or could be changing up the product???? Anyway just wondering if anyone knows anything. I got the lemon poppy seed bars and not what I was looking for. Back to Pureprotein from walmart as they are so cheap and good. Except a bit too good.
I'm not sure if they are being discontinued or not, but my clinic was also out of them and have been for about 2 weeks now. I loved them too.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #35  
Started IP March 2013

S/C/G: 176/163/140

Height: 5'5"

Had a busy weekend but managed to stay OP! I may not have gotten quite enough protein yesterday because I couldn't measure it, but that was my only oops! Yeah, I love the way being successful in a crazy atmosphere helps you feel in control!
Old 03-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
I'm not sure if they are being discontinued or not, but my clinic was also out of them and have been for about 2 weeks now. I loved them too.
That is not a good sign. I hated them my first week then retried later the half i couldn't eat first time and got hooked. Hope to see them again.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #37  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Height: 5'5

So have you ever sat in your car ate a whole cucumber? Got stuck yeasterday with groceries in the car, lots of non op stuff plus uncooked meat and veggies. Finally just took a cucumber and sat their eating it ( and reading a magazine). It got me through! Although I did get a funny look when triple A guy came to change my tire!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #38  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
Congratulations you are doing so well. Can I ask what type of alternatives you are using?
I'm mainly using Proti-Diet, Proti-Thin, Health Smart, and Premier Protein Ready made drinks from Costco. I get all of the other alternatives at Nashua Nutrition.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:07 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
So have you ever sat in your car ate a whole cucumber? Got stuck yeasterday with groceries in the car, lots of non op stuff plus uncooked meat and veggies. Finally just took a cucumber and sat their eating it ( and reading a magazine). It got me through! Although I did get a funny look when triple A guy came to change my tire!
That is hilarious! Way to stay OP
Old 03-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #40  
Started 3/4/13

S/C/G: 188/188/130

Default Big C

Sorry this is an overshare, but I'm really struggling with the big c. What are the remedies again? Many thanks. Sam
Old 03-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoediva View Post
Sorry this is an overshare, but I'm really struggling with the big c. What are the remedies again? Many thanks. Sam
Smooth Move tea-can be found at any Whole Foods or natural grocery area of stores.

I have the original, peppermint and chocolate teas-they are all good in my opinion. Make sure you steep them for 15 minutes before drinking. It should do the trick. Also, try upping your plain water intake.

Sometimes a bowl of spinach works (or you can add it to a coffee/IP pudding or drink smoothie).

If you are off coffee now, sometimes a shot of espresso followed by lots of plain water can work.

Good luck; I know how miserable it can be!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Tomorrow makes two weeks that I will be on IP diet. Yesterday I took a cheat day and had shrimp, a couple of beers and some chips. I started back today and was concerned that I would have to go through the withdraws for carbs again but it's been fine. Now just hoping that it didn't mess up the weight loss. Anyone take a cheat day?
Never have, never will. Too much at stake, for me anyway. I made this committment to myself and nothing will stop me. No offense, but someone cheating after only 2 weeks would make me question their motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Nope. Too expensive for me to be on this 1 day or 1 dollar longer than I have to be. Also I can't think of anything that will taste as good as the feeling of stepping on the scale the day I reach my goal weight for the 1st time in my adult life.
LOVE this!

Quote:
That's awesome! Way to stay OP!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #43  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Quote:
Around the time I started I had a dinner off plan. I made selective choices and only ate a few things that were considered off plan. Afterwards, I found that day three was tough. Eating off plan will set you back, you might not feel great, but as long as your supervising doctor is okay with it, this is your choice. I got right back on program and have taken days here and there off and have had no long term negative effects on my numbers.

I would tell you that the closer you get to goal, the slower your weight loss will be, so if you go off plan, the impact might be more drastic. I had two off plan days this last month (plus a bad back injury that resulted in a lot of inflamation) and my results slowed and I even gained a bit (I think this was definitely contributed to by my back injury). But I am comfortable with my choices.

I'm sure some would say I don't sound very committed. But I've lost 55 pounds to date and am well below the weight I was when I started graduate school--which was a huge goal of mine. I am a capable, committed woman. When I make a choice to eat off plan, I do so with full knowleges of the implications. I don't need anyone else's validation or condemnation on that front.

Also, shrimp in and of itself is not off-plan. Only if you put things on it like butter and such .

Good luck!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #44  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I just started wearing Dockers that I have had in the back of the closet since 2004. Since December 10th I have gone down from a 44 to a 38 inch waist.I kept them hoping for a dream and now I've found it. Two more weeks and I'll have to get rid of every pair of pants and jeans in my closet. I plan on hitting the Goodwill's for a few new ones. I don't want to got and buy new when they will be useless in a month or so.

(
That's great!! Congrats!!

Quote:
Love it!! Where there's a will, there's a way, huh?
Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM   #45  
Started IP 1/12/13

S/C/G: 267/ticker/167

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice View Post
I am a capable, committed woman. When I make a choice to eat off plan, I do so with full knowleges of the implications. I don't need anyone else's validation or condemnation on that front

Good luck!

Love this!!

Last edited by jeffiner; 03-18-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Closed Thread