3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Daily Chat Friday 3/15/2013

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #46
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Gotcha! Okay, well...I lost 7lbs and 7 inches!!!!
Back to work Monday, got an extra box of drinks to keep on my desk in case I get weak, I teach gym and dance to little guys so I'm thinking I'll need a boost sometimes!
Woo hoo! Fabulous first-week WI
And you are right, having emergency packs around is very important. I have them in my desk at work, in my car, in DH's car, and in my purse. I used one on Monday when I ran out for a facial before a late breakfast. They had openings for mani/pedi so I stayed but that was gonna stretch it with no food. Grabbed a pack from my car, shook it in a bottle of water, and all was good.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:05 PM   #47
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
Shout out time!!!!

Dear Miss Calisto I would give you a big if I could. The pancakes were the bomb! Looking forward to Sunday mornings and making the family French toast, while I enjoy my pancakes!
Okay, so I gotta ask...how do I make these fantastic pancakes...
Old 03-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
Started IP January 11/13

S/C/G: 182/146/150

Height: 5'7"

Great weigh in newday!! I too keep extra packs at work and in my car just in case.

lol Spiritman sounds like it's time to get a new belt (or punch another hole in it). I have a pair of pj bottoms that I wear around the house that have become WAY too big on me. One of my dogs loves to run up behind us and poke us (he wants cookies). He's almost pulled my pants down more times then I can count...think it's time to replace my fav jammies

Like you Scorbett I'm not forcing my family etc to eat what I eat. My hubby prepares our meals and has been cooking whatever I tell him to. He eats what I eat but by his choice not mine.... but will sometimes add in a potato or rice for himself and his daughter. He's had a lot of comments about his weight loss which he loves but he's not able/willing to come onboard full time. He's a police officer and I've heard about some of his lunches and they are not only NOT OP they will never be part of my life again.

Quote:
Hello from Sudbury, Ontario, where are you in Ontario?
Hey there! I live just west of Toronto.

Last edited by Cheekyskeeter : 03-15-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #49

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrn View Post
Hello all! New member and this is my first post!

1st WI today = -7lbs!

Very excited and motivated! Now if I could just learn to love the broccoli and cheese soup.......
That's great. Keep up the good work. I am not a fan of the soups at all. Had the mushroom could not get down and tasted most of the others from when my husband tried them and nope they are not for me. Lot's of people seem to love them, but I can't do it. There are lot's of other choices, but also tastes do change so you might eventually like them. Or make your own OP soup! I have done that for supper. I like asian inspired chicken and prawn soup.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #50
IP start March 8th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
That's great. Keep up the good work. I am not a fan of the soups at all. Had the mushroom could not get down and tasted most of the others from when my husband tried them and nope they are not for me. Lot's of people seem to love them, but I can't do it. There are lot's of other choices, but also tastes do change so you might eventually like them. Or make your own OP soup! I have done that for supper. I like asian inspired chicken and prawn soup.
Agreed about the soup, I use it more as a sauce...example, yesterday I made IP soy patties (chicken would work too) in a big pan, covered them with the IP broccolli soup and let it simmer for 5 min. Then I added: green onions, 2 cup of broccolli 2 cups of cauliflower, simmered another 5min and voila! 2 lunches in one. I packed up one patty and half the veggie/sauce mixture for the next day and it was even better warmed up. That and a salad and I was full.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #51
IP start March 8th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Woo hoo! Fabulous first-week WI
And you are right, having emergency packs around is very important. I have them in my desk at work, in my car, in DH's car, and in my purse. I used one on Monday when I ran out for a facial before a late breakfast. They had openings for mani/pedi so I stayed but that was gonna stretch it with no food. Grabbed a pack from my car, shook it in a bottle of water, and all was good.
Is there a way to do a search in the recipes? I'm looking for one that turned the cereal into yummy pancakes?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #52
IP start March 8th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylunk View Post
looks like you're going to reach your goal!!! Where you going on vacation?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:06 PM   #53

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Is there a way to do a search in the recipes? I'm looking for one that turned the cereal into yummy pancakes?
for searching, you can use the search feature on the purple bar at the top of the page (where User CP, New Posts, Quick Links etc. is located)...or, I use google

The cereal pancakes are yummy.

crush the pkg of cereal (I use a glass rolled on top)
Mix in: 1/4c egg whites, 1/4tsp vanilla, 1/4tsp baking powder
Can add cinnamin, nutmeg or whatever your choice is....personally, I add some WF choc. sauce for a yummy chocolate taste.

Cook on a skillet/pan like a pancake, and you're good to go!

Last edited by countrychic : 03-15-2013 at 02:24 PM. Reason: mistake on amounts
Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #54
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Happy Friday.

The only frustrating thing today is my bloody pants will barely stay up. Last hole on the belt has been used, pants will no longer fit and if I'm not careful someone walking behind me or walking towards me might be getting an eye full if the pants slip entirely off my hips.
You will be right in fashion with the kids. Wrap the belt around twice and start again. :0
Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #55

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Okay, so I gotta ask...how do I make these fantastic pancakes...
** Here is the recipe she gave me **
this is how I make the pancakes with Crispy Cereal

Crispy Cereal Pancakes
IP Non-Restricted Pancakes

Ingredients:

1 pkg IP Crispy Cereal, crunched up
2 egg whites or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp vanilla
Cinnamon & Nutmeg, to taste (I do not like the nutmeg in mine)

Directions:

Mix together in small bowl the following; egg whites, 1/4 tsp vanilla

Add in to cereal pkg the following; 1/4 tsp baking powder, cinnamon & nutmeg

Pour dry mix in to egg white mixture and combine. (some recipes I have seen call for a little water, I have never used any)

Cook in pan as you would pancakes.

Serve with Walden Farms Syrup, enjoy!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:17 PM   #56
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Go to Pinterest and search for Ideal Protein Pancakes.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #57
IP start March 8th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
Go to Pinterest and search for Ideal Protein Pancakes.
Thanks for the pancake recipe, agree, google seems easier and hello fellow Pinterester! I just started a IP page for myself to put all the tips all in one place.
I go back to work Monday, my IP box (pretty tin for hearbal tea, 5 lunches, 5 snacks and 5 emerg drinks) is already labelled and at the door, LOL!!!
Oh, and the case of water is in the van...
Old 03-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #58
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Like you Scorbett I'm not forcing my family etc to eat what I eat. My hubby prepares our meals and has been cooking whatever I tell him to. He eats what I eat but by his choice not mine.... but will sometimes add in a potato or rice for himself and his daughter. He's had a lot of comments about his weight loss which he loves but he's not able/willing to come onboard full time. He's a police officer and I've heard about some of his lunches and they are not only NOT OP they will never be part of my life again.
I find it actually helps me not to overlap with m family too much. They will sometimes have the same protein and veg as me, but they will supplement with some kind of starch. Other nights, they will have pizza or something else way off program for me, and that is more than okay with me. I would feel too much pressure if my program was affecting them too much. In fact, I bought them a pie yesterday for Pi day and it did us all some good to see that they are still able to enjoy the things that they can enjoy (they both have great metabolisms) and that I don't hold them back.

I decided at the beginning of this journey that I am not going to go off program no matter what, so I am not even discussing it with myself. If I feel my mind start to wander down that path, I shut it right down and tell myself that I'm not even discussing it. Works so far.

Great weigh-ins and nsv's everyone!

It is so nice here today, I am grilling up some chicken and zucchini for myself for future easy meals.

NO GRIT, NO PEARL.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #59

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

For those people who are struggling trying to re-frame their state of mind regarding small scale losses when they've lost inches:

Keep in mind that unless you announce to the world what you weigh, when people compliment your weight loss it is because they noticed the inches you've lost. Personally, I could care less what the scale says. The inches are what I care about. And every measurement that gets reduced is a victory...regardless of how large that reduction is. I am happy as long as something got smaller each week. And like Scorbett has said...sometimes the things that get smaller aren't things that your coach is measuring. Are your rings and bracelets fitting looser? Shoes don't pinch? Maybe your face is thinning out?
Old 03-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #60

S/C/G: 289/180.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Have you rediscovered your collarbones yet?
Yes, sooo exciting

Congrats on phasing off Shannon...very happy for you!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.